About Owl Cleaners, Inc. - gown care

Wise Care for Your Couture Image Since 1952

Mention that you found us on Wedding Wire and get $25 off your gown preservation.

For more than 60 years, brides throughout Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas have turned to Owl Cleaners to help them look their best on their wedding day, and to professionally preserve their gowns for future generations. As the area’s only member of both the Association of Wedding Gown Specialists (AWGS) and America’s Best Cleaners, we are also the only dry cleaner who can offer you an International Guarantee and the reassurance that your gown will be cared for by a Certified Wedding Gown Specialist.

Our commitment to quality bridal gown heirlooming, preservation, and restoration has earned us the endorsement of the Association of Bridal Consultants (ABC).  ABC is the oldest and largest group of wedding professionals in the world, making wedding dreams come true since 1955.

You can trust us to give your special wedding or family gown the individual care and attention it  deserves.

MuseumCare

Tests conducted by National Bridal Service proved our MuseumCare™ gown preservation was the cleanest, provided the safest museum quality packaging environment, and offered the most comprehensive guarantee for preservation and restoration of all heirloom fabrics such as family bridal gowns, communion dresses, christening gowns, linens, quilts, and doll clothes.

Green Gown Care

As members of the AWGS, Owl Cleaners are among the first in the industry to offer carbon-neutral wedding gown cleaning and wedding gown preservation, and our ZeroCarbon™ gown preservations are unique.

Owl Cleaners is also one of only two Green Business Bureau Certified dry cleaners in the state, and we are determined to do our part for our community and the environment. To that end, we are pleased to offer our new SYSTEMK4 (SK4) technology for wedding gown cleaning, which not only addresses the quality requirements of our high service standard, but meets our environmental commitment as well. SK4 is an environmentally-friendly mix of biodegradable cleaning solution, technology, and environmentally-friendly cleaning agents that cleans better than traditional solutions and other green solutions on the market today.

Gown Restoration

Not only does Owl Cleaners preserve new gowns, we also restore heirloom gowns.  If your dream dress is a family bridal gown that time has yellowed and stained, don’t worrry. We specialize in restoring antique and vintage bridal gowns to the true color without damage to delicate fabrics or dyes. We can remove stains and discoloration that ordinary dry cleaners cannot. Call today for a free consultation, because the perfect bridal or family gown for you may be the one in your attic!

More Than Wedding Gowns

Our service isn’t limited to wedding gowns, the museum-quality archival storage process is also ideal for:

Vintage Clothing
Military Uniforms
Quinceñera Gowns
Christening Gowns
Communion Dresses
Quilts
Linens

….and any textile that deserves expert preservation and care.

Categories: Wedding Dress

Preservation (3)
Bridal Gowns (3)
Mother of Groom (1)
Formal Gowns (1)

I wore my grandmother's 64 year old dress for my wedding and I'm so glad I took it to Owl Cleaners to restore it! It was completely yellow when I pulled it out of the closet and after taking it to Owl Cleaners, it was completely white! Everyone is amazed with the before and after pictures and I cannot stop recommending to use Owl Cleaners for restoration and preservation needs!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Allison, 1/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Sandy Thompson is awesome! My daughter wanted to use my 35 year old "vintage" wedding veil for her wedding on November 25, 2016. The cathedral length veil was bordered with lace and beads, but had yellowed and faded. Sandy assessed the situation and personally communicated the potential risks with the cleaning process. But she did it and had the veil ready well in advance of my requested deadline. I was amazed when I retrieved it--an outstanding job! Besides the sentimentality of using her Mom’s wedding veil, my daughter received many compliments on the veil’s beauty. Thank you to Sandy and her team at Owl’s for their exceptional work. A pleasure to deal with your staff!

View Vendor Response