Owl Cleaners Reviews

Owl Cleaners 3
Owl Cleaners 4

Nicole · Married on 08/03/2019

Owl Cleaners Restored my Grandmother's 62 yr. old lace dress

I wanted to wear my grandmother's 62 year old lace wedding gown for my own wedding. Fortunately, it fit perfectly but the lace was significantly discolored and very fragile from not being properly stored after my grandmother's wedding (was left in a box in the basement). I researched options for restoration and came across Owl Cleaners. My mother and I spoke with Sandy and Danette on multiple occasions prior to restoration due to the fragility of the dress. They wanted to make sure that the dress would not come out damaged. Rather than rushing the restoration to make a quick buck, they took my grandmother's sentiments, and my own, into consideration. They carefully restored my grandmother's lace dress perfectly so that I can wear it. Their patience, consideration, and expertise made for a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend Owl Cleaners and I plan to have my dress properly stored after my own wedding as a gift back to my grandmother.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Samantha · Married on 11/03/2018

Definitely recommend

When I got engaged I knew after my wedding I would want to have my dress cleaned and preserved. After all it was such an investment my generous parents had provided to me. After reading a few review I contacted Owl Cleaners and spoke with Danette. I met with her and she looked over my gown from top to bottom, provided me with a price, and timeline. Danette was very sweet and professional. She kept me informed throughout the process. When my gown was finished, we met again and she showed me the entire gown before carefully putting it in the box. It was as if it was brand new. Danette took her time and made sure the gown set in the box just how I wanted so it was visible. So glad I did this and absolutely worth the price, she did amazing!

Sent on 05/01/2019

Nancy · Married on 12/31/2017

Sandy, a dedicated specialist at Owl Cleaners, was incredible. As mother of the bride I was in charge of getting 2 wedding dresses cleaned!! As a tribute my daughter put on her Grammy's wedding dress, which I happened to also wear at my wedding. This dress is 69 years old and a bit spotted and dingy so I wanted it cleaned along with my daughter's dress. Her dress and veil were quite long and therefore dirty. Sandy, lovingly and with white gloves, inspected each layer and every inch of both dresses looking for tears and spots. She was upfront about the time and cost to repair and clean both dresses so there was no surprises. Owl Cleaners is a 40 minute drive for me but it was recommended to me by our wedding planner and I am so glad I made the drive! The gowns are gorgeous, clean and lovingly preserved. Later I returned to have my mother-of-the-bride dress and mother-of-the-groom dress cleaned(yep--two kids married in the same year). If you live anywhere in the Pittsburgh area I would recommend you use Owl Cleaners for your gown cleaning.

Sent on 03/15/2018

Allison · Married on 01/14/2017

I wore my grandmother's 64 year old dress for my wedding and I'm so glad I took it to Owl Cleaners to restore it! It was completely yellow when I pulled it out of the closet and after taking it to Owl Cleaners, it was completely white! Everyone is amazed with the before and after pictures and I cannot stop recommending to use Owl Cleaners for restoration and preservation needs!

Sent on 03/12/2017

Owl Cleaners's reply:

Thank you very much for your kind words.

JoAnn · Married on 11/25/2016

Sandy Thompson is awesome! My daughter wanted to use my 35 year old "vintage" wedding veil for her wedding on November 25, 2016. The cathedral length veil was bordered with lace and beads, but had yellowed and faded. Sandy assessed the situation and personally communicated the potential risks with the cleaning process. But she did it and had the veil ready well in advance of my requested deadline. I was amazed when I retrieved it--an outstanding job! Besides the sentimentality of using her Mom’s wedding veil, my daughter received many compliments on the veil’s beauty. Thank you to Sandy and her team at Owl’s for their exceptional work. A pleasure to deal with your staff!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Owl Cleaners's reply:

Thanks !

Courtney · Married on 09/30/2016

I used Owl Cleaners to get my dress cleaned and preserved, and I am so happy that I did! They were extremely professional and were able to completely clean off all the stains and black dirt at the bottom of my dress. It looks like new now and is sealed in a beautiful box. SOOOO happy with the service received. My mind is now at ease knowing that I will have it in it's original color shape and form forever so that maybe one day if I have a daughter she could have the option of wearing it or using the fabric to create an original of her own :)

Sent on 12/20/2016

Mary · Married on 07/16/2016

My wedding dress looks just as beautiful as it did before it was worn all day at a wedding on a farm. They allowed me to see the cleaned dress before the packed it in the preservation box. They were great to work with and came recommended directly from my seamstress.

Sent on 08/05/2016

Melissa · Married on 09/19/2015

I thought my dress was ruined - but Owl Cleaners came to the rescue. What a great experience. Fantastic customer service and really couldn't believe the results - my dress looks brand new!

Sent on 02/15/2016

I wanted to wear my mother's wedding veil for my wedding. It was nearly 45 years old cathedral length and yellowed. I didn't think it was going to be possible until I contacted Owl Cleaners. They specialize in restoration services. Within a month they had the veil back to the original color, pressed and perfect. Just like the day my mom wore it! I received so many compliments no one could belie it survived the age. I was able to drop it off at the Warrendale location for an evaluation where I could determine after the quote was received whether I wanted to have them perform the restoration service. They were so reasonable! Thank you Owl Cleaners for making my wedding a memorable and meaningful day.

Sent on 12/03/2013

My daughter spilled red wine on her beautiful evening wedding dress and had a quite dirty train (on her daytime dress) after photos at the Point. 6 months after the wedding, I took both gowns to Owl Cleaners and both are now good as new, boxed, preserved and quite beautiful again! The service is expensive but quite worth it if you want to preserve your gown.

Sent on 05/03/2014

Madeline · Married on 01/20/2018

Highly recommend Owl Cleaners. My Mom searched for a long time and finally settled on Owl Cleaners after meeting Sandy. My dress was a silk chiffon gown and the top had detailed crystals and netting/beading, so we were hesitant to hand it over to anyone! We were so impressed by the care Owl takes on each garment. Sandy met with us before and after the cleaning to inspect the gown and make sure there would be nothing affected. The process to watch Sandy actually give the final look-over and box the gown was so neat. She even preserved my veil in the box. The box has a window so you can see into it, which is a nice touch. Sandy was professional, courteous and kind. The shop was clean and well kept and they were accommodating with scheduling. Pricing was expensive but you do get what you pay for, and we were thrilled with the decision to use Owl and preserve the gown properly. Thank you Sandy and Owl!

Sent on 06/20/2018
    Owl Cleaners 7
    Owl Cleaners 8

Roxanne · Married on 09/06/2014

I wanted to have my wedding dress cleaned and preserved. This was definitely the place to go! Great service, it took less time than they had estimated and I was able to see the (cleaned) dress before it was put in the box. It is a bit of an investment, but I'm glad I did it. Would highly recommend Owl to anyone looking to have this done.

Sent on 02/26/2015

3.0

Owl Cleaners charged quite a bit more than I had hoped to pay, but they did an great job!

Sent on 09/28/2015
  • W

Megan · Married on 06/26/2016

Worst experience ever

Owl cleaners really should stop their wedding gown services. This place caused me a nightmare. If I could give zero stars, I would. First, I dropped my dress off at the end of September. I was told that they would call me to give me a price on it. I quickly got a call the next day. I paid in full and now was just waiting for a call that it’s done. So, now it’s almost two months later and I haven’t hear anything yet. I go to the location where I dropped it off and they said they can’t find it and don’t know where it is. The girl told me that it could be at any location. Well, that’s useful. The next day I get a call that it’s at their main location and that it’s been done since October. (This is not end of November.) No one wanted to call me to tell me it’s done almost two months later. So, my husband goes to pick it up for me, and it’s not fully done. They said I didn’t pay for a box, when I did, and were trying to get him to pay more for one. So, they argue about that and owl cleaners finally called someone was gets told yes I paid for a box. So, now they can’t give him my dress and tell him that I need to make an appointment to get my dress boxed. It would have been useful to know this you know two months ago when it was done. I finally did get my dress but the disorganization this company has is ridiculous. I would not take even my socks to get dry cleaned here. This is a very unprofessional and disorganized business.

Sent on 12/01/2018