Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Oregon Ceremonies

Meaningful weddings that rock your story!

Do you want a beautiful, meaningful ceremony "that's totally us," but don’t know where to start?

Do you want a personal ceremony that uniquely reflects who you are and what you mean to each other.

Do you want something special, but feel daunted by all the possibilities.?

You are thoughtful, deeply in love, and know what works for you. You’ve never planned a ceremony before, and you’re planning your wedding in the midst of already busy lives.

You are going into marriage with your eyes open and know that life offers both joys and challenges. You would like your ceremony to help support you through it all.

As a caring, experienced professional officiant, I love walking couples like you through the process of co-creating a personal, meaningful ceremony with your love story at the center.

I officiate weddings throughout the Willamette Valley--including Salem, Eugene, Corvallis, and Albany, the Central Oregon Coast, and points in between.

I take the time to get to know you, hear your story, and listen to what's important to you.

Together, we will create a custom ceremony that includes traditions that are important to you, and maybe even traditions and ideas that are completely new to you! The possibilities are limited only by your imagination.

I will guide you through a thoughtful process that helps you prepare for marriage, one of the biggest rites of passage in your lives. You will feel more ready to make a loving commitment to your life partner with your community as witness.

When the day of your event comes, I'll be there as a calm, caring presence to take you into the next step of your journey together.

Contact me through the contact form on the right for a free consultation, and we'll explore what's possible if we work together!

I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Categories: Wedding Officiant

Non-religious (3)
No Denomination (3)
Interfaith Ceremony (1)
Rehearsal (1)

I can’t say enough good things about Susan Sanford! She did an amazing job. Very professional yet still fun and easy to work with. She customized our ceremony perfectly and preformed a beautiful hand fasting ceremony. The kicker: she was recommended two weeks before the wedding and still did a fantastic job! I will be recommending her to anyone and everyone in the future.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Audrey , 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

The whole process of working with Susan was very easy. We were planning a destination wedding, so we did about 3 Skype interviews with her so she could get to know us. She gave us lots of ideas about things we could include in the ceremony, and had pdfs of vows and ring exchange options. She gave us ideas for readings, and was also fine when we found a different one that we wanted to use. For the marriage address, we talked about ideas and special things we wanted included, but otherwise the first time we heard it was on the day of the wedding, which made it so special. We were so happy with how she laced everything together, and really personalized it. It seemed like she had known us for years! Both of our parents were really impressed too! Everyone was so touched by her words. We had a beach wedding south of Newport that involved a half a mile hike through the woods, I'm sure not all officiants would be so accommodating!! Susan was waiting on the beach when we arrived and organized our families (we did a standing wedding). Everything just felt so perfect and we are so happy that we choose Susan for the process!

Profile Picture Kirsten, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We could not have found a more perfect person to officiate our ceremony (destiny)! Susan so thoughtfully integrated our history, passions and our family into each and every part of the ceremony. We talked, she listened, not missing a detail... it was magical both for us and those in attendance. At times during the ceremony, when I became very emotional, I would just look at Susan and found through her smile the strength to carry on. Having both Susan and Peter in attendance at our Welcome Dinner the night before helped break the ice with our family/friends and just made it the best it could be. I can't thank Susan enough for being a part of our journey into marriage (after our 31 yr. trial period)!

View Vendor Response

220x220 sq 1392242372610 nate mel friend
220x220 sq 1436301459950 barbara jim vows
220x220 sq 1436303505090 sweet cheeks ceremony

1 ENDORSEMENT
Susan has been a delight to work with. When I am booked for a wedding I turn to her for help. She has always been responsive and helpful. Reverend Larry Edwards Awedlar Wedding Officiant service

Events