6868 Bluewater Hwy., Saranac, MI 48881 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Nimble Needles

NIMBLE NEEDLES (formerly Barb's Creations) has been in business since 1991. Our business is owned and operated by partners Barb Mulnix and Chris Parks. Between us we have 9 decades of sewing experience. We pride in our workmanship and creativity.

We can create a veil to match any wedding dress or have our own veil creations for sale. Pricing start at $20.00 and up, depending on the beading, trim and length. Our veils sell for far less than bridal shops. We can also create ring bearer pillows and bridal garters.

We specialize in bridal alterations. We do all types of alterations and create special effects for the prefect wedding dress for you. We have made old-new, re-created vintage, and created that special dress that is one-of-a-kind. How special you can feel on your "special day" knowing that no other bride has a dress just like yours.

We also do any type of alterations from shortening pants, skirts, dresses, suits, etc. to taking-in or letting-out, adding and subtracting special effects, home decor of any kind, and of course general mending. We can help you with the entire bridal party, mothers, grand-mothers, flower girls and any one else that may need our creative assistance.

Let us help you create your dream wedding. Make an appointment by calling Barb Mulnix at 616-560-2307 or 616-642-6047. We have flexible appointments, so evenings and weekends are no problem. Be sure and bring along any mending or alterations that you may need too.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Barb and Chris

4 Reviews for Nimble Needles

Adrianne · Married on 09/11/2009

Barb did a great job with my custom dress request, and it cost me less than a similar style at David's Bridal I was looking at. Her work is good quality and she is so flexible to make sure you get EXACTLY what you want.

One thing to keep in mind - Barb worked from her home on my dress, so I did meet her there for consultations and fittings. This was no problem for me, but if that kind of thing isn't comfortable for you - head's up!

Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2009

Dezyree · Married on 08/08/2009

Barb was hired to alter my wedding dress that i had purchesed off the internet. she did a absolutely beautifu job, the dress fit perfectly.

Sent on 08/23/2009

Angela · Married on 07/18/2009

At first when we found the alteration place, we were wondering about the quality. Our fears were quickly dismissed. Barb is a true professional and a very talented seamstress. She kept an eye to the price and always suggested more than one solution to any problem. In the end we were all VERY happy with the work that she did. If we had known the true extent of her ability we would have booked her to do more i.e. perhaps creating the gown, veil, and bridesmaids dresses. She took extra care and focused on all of the details, even ones we did not think of ourselves. She was always available and returned calls promptly, she arranged fittings to our convenience. Barb was encouraging, flexible and does outstanding work. I would recommend her services to anyone who values excellence.

Sent on 08/06/2009

Award

• 6868 Bluewater Hwy. Saranac, 48881 See on map
    6166426047 (Other Phone Number)
    Flexible to all schedules