Travliata, Athens, GR 28100 Map · Phone number
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 10
  • Meet the Team

About Mythos Weddings

Kefalonia is such a stunning place, one would feel that an incredible wedding is inevitable. However, superb events don't just happen. They are planned. Our team of young professionals has the expertise, the passion, and the love for what they do. That is how we can guarantee that your Big Day will be like no other.

A newlywed smile, a sparkle in a bride's eyes, a warm hug. That is our goal and our greatest reward. To help you enjoy your special day, exactly as you have dreamt it. And the only way to enjoy it is to sit back for the ride. Trust in us  and allow us to create the event of your dreams, always respecting your personal story, your style and your wishes, but also going beyond expectations to build a Dream Event!

Follow Mythos Weddings on

Other couples have also viewed

• Kefalonia Weddings
  • e.m. for you event planning
  • Maria Damanaki - Interior Design & Event Planning

Videos 1 Video

42 Reviews for Mythos Weddings

Kristina · Married on 06/07/2021

Our emotional romantic Greek wedding

I am Bulgarian and my Husband is Hungarian. It has been a long time wish of mine to visit Kefalonia and explore the stunning beauty of the island. When we got engaged, I knew I want us to get married on an island and Kefalonia immediately came to my mind (I did not want the typical exotic beach wedding experience, but rather be close to the dramatic cliffs of the Kefalonia bays).
    I Googled Wedding in Kefalonia and realized that there are few wedding planners. So, started sending some e-mails, but was going very slow. It was mid of April, covid restrictions were still in place. But once I wrote to Mythos I got a prompt response from Athina. And the first e-mail was enough for me to know that the wedding project is not doomed and Mythos and Athina will be our wedding gurus. Athina - so welcoming, friendly and mostly she was the only one who really understood immediately what I have in mind as a wedding concept.
    Athina quickly set our first Skype call. I was so relieved after the talk. It was so smooth, comforting and giving me full confidence we will have the ceremony exactly as we imagine it! With Mythos, it is all possible and at a reasonable price.
    It was very transparent and open discussion about our budget and priorities.
    Athina already new what we need, it is amazing how she quickly structured the frame and also the details of the event. It was important that Athina clearly grasped the concept of what we want as experience and after that all details were easily adjusted.
    We wanted a symbolic ceremony, only the two of us. Hence, we wanted the wedding spot and the concept of the photos to be be outstanding, memorable and romantic. I imagined us exchange vows being high above a bay, with a view toward the dramatic Kefalonia cliffs. Athina was so supportive and responsive to all my enquiries and crazy suggestions. She explored and evaluated different wild spots on the island, sending me pictures, evaluating pros and cons. She put so much emotion in the process of picking the perfect spot for our ceremony. At the end, we found the perfect spot with view over the Petani bay cliffs.

What I noticed from the very beginning is the well structured e-mails and very easy to follow, smooth communication. Athina understood me precisely, as if she was reading my mind and my feelings.

The emotion of the day was so special. And when you do not have your family and friends, the Mythos team actually created a friendly atmosphere for us, living through the emotion of the day with us!!
    Athina and the whole team was around us, very cheerful and calm and it went so smooth. We could feel the full emotion of our wedding without any distraction. Athina was like a magic fluid that just smooths and arranges everything around us :)

Sent on 06/18/2021
  • Gerasimos

Gerasimos A. · Married on 04/08/2021

Mythos Weddings: Meeting the Dream Team

We are originally from Kefalonia but we have been living and working in the city of Patras, Greece for many years. Hence, any trustworthy connections with the necessary professionals for the planning of our wedding on our beloved island was non-existent.
    That was a great inhibitory factor for us. In fact, this led our initial thoughts of our wedding away from the island we love so much.
    With that in mind, we started taking a look at the available wedding planners on the island, before we made up our minds on the matter. We need to confess that at first we did not feel we could trust any of them and they all seemed a little bland, until we visited Mythos Weddings and we met the dream team. Iro (Carol in English) had already won us over through the phone. Thinking back to it, as we write these lines, we feel amazed! That led to our first meeting. Once we met Iro (Carol), Vassilis, Athina and the Mythos Chef, it was finally clear to us: our wedding would take place in Kefalonia.
    Their eyes were so calm and their word so confident, that the word professionalism does not do justice to what they made us feel. Their thinking process and their realization method to anything we asked was something completely new to us. These people did not only undertake our wedding. They LIVED our wedding.
    Carol, we saw you cry on the day, just admit it!!!
    Vassilis, when we asked you on our first meeting what you think the greatest advantage of your team is, you replied in the outmost simplicity: crisis management. You were absolutely right!!!
    We started having our Skype meetings with Iro (Carol) and while the information volume we had to handle was quite large, she made everything seem ever so simple. She got our psychology from the very first Skype Call and knew exactly how to "steer" us properly on the one hand, and how to help us not get lost in the details on the other. There was a constant flow, with no back-and-forths, on every topic: the menu, the decoration, the music and finally on the schedule plan.
    It only took one trip to the island during the entire wedding planning process and that was not because of Iro (Carol). It was for Metropolis matters, since the wedding took place in an Orthodox Church.
    Ten days prior to our wedding, the state kept announcing modifications on the measures against the Covid-19 and the adaptability of the dream team was exceptional.
    Vassilis and Iro (Carol), while they needed to protect the company, never left us feeling alone or uncovered. On the contrary, they proved in action that Mythos Weddings knows how to handle high risk crisis management!!!
    Our wedding started at 6:00 pm and the entire event (as any typical Greek wedding) lasted until 4:30 in the following morning. The timeline Iro (Carol) presented us with was kept to the dot. Iro (Carol) managed to coordinate 100 people with no delays whatsoever, while Vassilis overlooked everything.
    We entered the church and the decoration exceeded our expectations. We got such an amazing feeling in the church that there are no words to describe it. After the ceremony, while we stayed behind for a photo shoot with our amazing professional and stress-free photographer, Panagiotis, Iro (Carol) led every guest to the perfectly configured and exceptionally beautiful Mythos venue. There, under some smooth jazz music and while the sunset gave a unique tone to the ambiance, our guests enjoyed a relaxing welcome drink and started turning into a big and cheery group of friends.
    Once we arrived there, Gregory the conductor and his band started uplifting us with his sweet tunes and there was not a single boring moment until the early morning hours our party ended. Gregory, you deserve sincere congratulations!!!
    Dinner ensued, where the Chef and his team worked their magic. All of our guests, even now, two months past our wedding, call us to compliment the delicious dishes we were served. Chef, you won everyone's heart and we thank you from the bottom of our heart for that!!!
    At around 1:30 am, our DJ, Thomas, took over. Carol, you recommended a DJ for our party, as we requested, but you never mentioned that this man is a true entertainer that should be having a career abroad, as all our guests said. Thomas, your good energy kept us on our feet the entire night. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for the way you entertained us that night!!!
    Mythos Weddings, truly, the phrase "Dream-Team" suits you perfectly. You were all amazing and we would like to thank you with all of our heart for everything you did for us. You truly respected that that day was for us Our Day.
    Once we got back to our hotel, we were feeling so wonderful that I told Anastasia: my real life began today.

Mythos Weddings, Congratulations!!!

With sincere and deep appreciation,
    Your new friends,
    Gerasimos and Anastasia

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Jayne

Jayne H. · Married on 03/09/2021

Fantastic wedding team!

At the beginning, I was quite nervous to be booking a wedding planner abroad, but really wanted to explore the idea as I just didn’t want to get married at home in the UK. I emailed a few companies and had a quick reply from Carol at Mythos asking me a few more initial questions. We soon warmed to Carol as she was enthusiastic and quick to reply but also reassuring. Once we had a Skype meeting with Carol I knew we had to go with Mythos, she really was so bubbly and warm.

Carol was our wedding planner and was clear in her communication with us throughout. She gave me some great guidance as I wasn’t sure what I wanted initially. Once we started talking I gave her some vague ideas and she helped me finally start to have a vision of the day and what I wanted with some options she put forward. She was always quick to reply to any questions I had and gave us a clear timetable and schedule of things so we knew what to expect and when to make decisions by. She was very flexible and assured us whatever we wanted they could make it work. She put me in touch with fabulous others, such as our DJ and photographer. Carol is a good listener! Any ideas we had she welcomed and was honest about what could be delivered.

Athina helped me with decorations and flowers. I was over the moon with the look she helped create for me! She always gave me clear choices and if I wanted to slightly change the look of some things offered she reassured me this could be done.

To say we were pleased on the actual big day is an understatement! The wedding itself was truly perfect and I was so happy with the look of everything (as it was hard to visualise without seeing anything firsthand), but it all came together on the day!

It felt extra special that we were the last couple and we closed the season of 2019! A massive thank you once again to Carol and Athina and all of you at Mythos for all your hard work, passion, and dedication - you helped us have simply the most perfect day! All our guests raved about the day. We can’t thank you enough! Lots of love Jayne & Ian x

Sent on 12/13/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Mythos Weddings FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 2000
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 2000
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 2000
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What is the hourly rate?
    $ 1
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Day-of Coordination
    Event Design
    Full Planning
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

Team of Mythos Weddings

Carol Kalligas

Carol Kalligas

Leading Wedding Planner - Head of Mythos Weddings

I was born in New York by Greek parents. I was raised in the magical island of Kefalonia and then went to Patras and Athens to study philosophy for 13 years. I have been with Mythos Weddings since the very beginning, for more than 10 years, learning, gathering experience and building a successful company along the way! People find me sassy, efficient and organized. My biggest goal is to make my couples feel safe and enjoy an unforgettable day.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Travliata Athens, GR, 28100 See on map
    Location of (Mythos Weddings)