My Metro Fit

New York, NY View map

The fastest, finest and most affordable bridal alteration and custom tailoring service in NYC. My Metro Fit offers a full-service for budget-savvy brides, moms, maids, and guests including custom gowns, veils, alterations, and more. They guarantee fast delivery, are available by appointment only, and focus on value.

My Metro Fit like to provide the highest quality fabrics available, so they work with exclusive sources that offer a wide variety of French tulle and lace, Italian silk, and gorgeous hand-beaded textiles. This team of professionals prides themselves on customer satisfaction and strives to create one-of-a-kind gowns for all their brides.

Experience

Founder and fashion designer Marie Smart has been working closely with NYC-based fashion design companies and creating unique items from scratch for more than eight years. Marie’s private customers experience the luxury of having a custom designed piece with a perfect fit. Everyone at My Metro Fit has been professionally trained at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) and has years of industry experience creating beautiful garments.

Whether your dress has intricate beading and other delicate details, or is more simple, My Metro Fit's fine alterations will make you look perfect. If you’re hoping to reshape or remodel a dress you already have, the team is more than capable of creating something truly stunning. My Metro Fit can offer wedding dress alterations, full customization, reshaping and remodeling, vintage, used and sample gown restoration, formal wear alteration, and dress cleaning. They can design or alter gowns and dresses for everyone in your wedding party including mothers, flower girls, and bridesmaids and the following custom made items are offered:

• Bridal gowns
  • Garters
  • Accessories
  • Veils
  • Plus-size gowns

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$1,000 - $2,499

How do you price dress alterations?

By Piece
Flat Fee

Who do you provide services for?

Bride
Bridesmaids
Flower Girls
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the Groom

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Cleaning
Full Customization
Preservation
Sample Sales

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Plus Size Gowns
Sample Gowns
Undergarments
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

Less than 6 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Annually

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

Anna B. Married on 10/02/2021

Best value for alterations in Manhattan!

Booking Marie at My Metro Fit for my bridal alterations was a great decision. As with most services in NYC, prices are often sky-high. Marie provided incredible, high quality alterations at a price that did not make my eyes pop out. My dress was ready right on schedule. The bustle was super secure and in no danger of coming loose, even as my train sucked up a bunch of rain water during the ceremony! Marie was so pleasant to work with as well, I really enjoyed the handful of visits I had in her shop. Thanks, Marie, for the fabulous result!
    Caryn Married on 05/22/2021

Wonderful experience

Marie was able to work wonders on a sample dress I chose that was too big and looked a little worn. She was patient and listened to all of my concerns in trying to decide if it should be altered or if I should start over and find a new dress. She made the dress to look brand new and fit as though it was custom made for me. Any worn or slightly damaged areas in the lace were completely fixed by her. She also custom made a veil to match. She will work with you until it’s exactly how you want it and she’s reasonably priced for the intricate work that she is doing. I had plenty of time for alterations, but she works very quickly and will make accommodations if you are in a hurry. I also used her services for a formal event I attended last year and thought of her immediately to work on my wedding gown for me.

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Caryn! I loved working with you! Your dress is so beautiful and custom made veil matches the dress perfectly! Can’t wait to see your stunning wedding pictures! Wish you the best!
  • Jillian
    Jillian Married on 10/11/2020

Excellent work

I found Marie based on the reviews here and a review with a photo of the same dress I had. Marie was so easy to work with and a clear expert in her work. She hemmed my dress to the exact length I wanted and was so sweet to think of saving the extra fabric so my mom can make a matching mask. Marie was absolutely wonderful (and great with my time range of alternations!) and I can't recommend her highly enough.

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Jillian! It was my pleasure to work with you and can’t wait to see your stunning wedding pictures.
    Have a wonderful wedding 💞

Exclusive

1675 York Ave New York, NY, 10128
219-797-7775

Monday—Friday: 9:00AM–7:00PM Saturday & Sunday: 9:00AM–3:00PM
Location of (My Metro Fit)

Other vendors in New York City for your wedding