1675 York Ave, New York, NY 10128 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 32

About My Metro Fit

The fastest, finest and most affordable alteration and custom tailoring service in New York, NY. MY METRO FIT specializes in bridal services. They offer fast delivery when your day is near, are by appointment only to save you time, and focus on value. The full-service shop strives to provide the highest quality fabrics available, so they work with exclusive sources that offer a wide variety of French tulle and lace, Italian silk, and gorgeous hand-beaded textiles. The team of professionals believes that customer satisfaction is the most important and strives to create one-of-a-kind gowns that you will truly love.

Experience

Founder and fashion designer Marie Smart has been working closely with NYC-based fashion design companies while creating unique items from scratch for more than eight years. Marie’s private customers experience the luxury of having a custom design piece with a perfect fit. Everyone at My METRO FIT has been professionally trained at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) and uses their years of industry experience to create beautiful garments.

Whether your dress has intricate beading and other delicate details, or is more simple, their fine alteration will make you look perfect. If you are hoping to reshape or remodel a dress you already have, the team is more than capable of creating something stunning. The shop offers clients services like dress cleaning, full customization, preservation, alterations. My METRO FIT designs or alters gowns and dresses for everyone that is a part of your big day including mothers, flower girls, and bridesmaids. The following items are offered:

• Bridal belts

My Metro Fit 4
  • F

Flora · Married on 10/28/2018

Exceptional

Marie is such a pleasure to work with. Marie did such an amazing job on my gown, I couldn’t believe it was even possible. I had purchased my dress at a sample sale and it needed a lot of work. I highly recommend Marie!!

Sent on 11/29/2018
    My Metro Fit 5

My Metro Fit's reply:

Flora you are such a sweetheart! Thanks for trusting me! I was so happy to find you just the right lining for the mesh side blocks!

Harriet · Married on 09/03/2018

Had the best experience with my alterations!My dress needed SO much altering- bought 3 sizes too big and I wanted a totally different neckline and back as well as a lot of hemming needed, so safe to say it was a pretty ambitious job to begin with. Marie is incredibly skilled and her attention to detail is amazing- she really takes a lot of pride in her work so everything she did was nothing less than perfect. My background is in fashion so was worried I would be so picky when it came to fit, however Marie would even notice things I didn't even think of- she is a true professional. Very reasonable pricing and no "hidden" costs that you often find with other wedding rated matters! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/29/2018

My Metro Fit's reply:

Harriet, you have such a wonderful personality! Thank you so much for your patience as your dress really needed lots of work and more fitting appointments than regular ones! Your bridesmaids are so friendly and lovely as well!

Award

My Metro Fit FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $1,000 - $2,499
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece, Flat Fee
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Cleaning, Full Customization, Preservation, Rentals, Sample Sales
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary Attire, Dress Replicas, Formal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months