1675 York Ave, New York, NY 10128 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 53
  • Deals 1

About My Metro Fit

The fastest, finest and most affordable bridal alteration and custom tailoring service in NYC. My Metro Fit offers a full-service for budget-savvy brides, moms, maids, and guests including custom gowns, veils, alterations, and more. They guarantee fast delivery, are available by appointment only, and focus on value.

My Metro Fit like to provide the highest quality fabrics available, so they work with exclusive sources that offer a wide variety of French tulle and lace, Italian silk, and gorgeous hand-beaded textiles. This team of professionals prides themselves on customer satisfaction and strives to create one-of-a-kind gowns for all their brides.

Experience

Founder and fashion designer Marie Smart has been working closely with NYC-based fashion design companies and creating unique items from scratch for more than eight years. Marie’s private customers experience the luxury of having a custom designed piece with a perfect fit. Everyone at My Metro Fit has been professionally trained at the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) and has years of industry experience creating beautiful garments.

Whether your dress has intricate beading and other delicate details, or is more simple, My Metro Fit's fine alterations will make you look perfect. If you’re hoping to reshape or remodel a dress you already have, the team is more than capable of creating something truly stunning. My Metro Fit can offer wedding dress alterations, full customization, reshaping and remodeling, vintage, used and sample gown restoration, formal wear alteration, and dress cleaning. They can design or alter gowns and dresses for everyone in your wedding party including mothers, flower girls, and bridesmaids and the following custom made items are offered:

• Bridal gowns

21 Reviews for My Metro Fit

• Jillian

Jillian · Married on 10/11/2020

Excellent work

I found Marie based on the reviews here and a review with a photo of the same dress I had. Marie was so easy to work with and a clear expert in her work. She hemmed my dress to the exact length I wanted and was so sweet to think of saving the extra fabric so my mom can make a matching mask. Marie was absolutely wonderful (and great with my time range of alternations!) and I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 09/21/2020

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Jillian! It was my pleasure to work with you and can’t wait to see your stunning wedding pictures.
    Have a wonderful wedding 💞

Kristy · Married on 10/12/2019

Highly skilled perfectionist-- amazing experience!

Marie works magic!! I fell in love and purchased a sample dress that had significant damage (torn mesh, broken lace, missing beading/appliques/embellishments); I was worried the dress would be unrepairable. That is, until I found Marie!
    Marie was so kind and professional throughout. She somehow repaired the extensive damage and made the dress even more beautiful. She found areas that I hadn't noticed that could be improved and altered the dress to fit my body like a glove. I've had many dresses altered before, but Marie took the extra steps to make sure the fit was absolutely perfect!
    The material of the dress was extremely delicate and difficult to work with, but when Marie was done, I couldn't tell where the damage was to begin with (see photo above for damage before and after). She was able to finish all the alterations quickly and was so easy to communicate with.
    She truly is a master at her craft, meticulous, and so sweet. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my gown with anyone else!

Sent on 08/17/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Kristy! It was amazing to work on your beautiful dress and see final result! Lace, beading and embellishment look like brand new:)

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2019

Blushing Bridesmaid

I had a wonderful time working with Marie to make alterations to my bridesmaid's dress. She was warm and responsive to all of my concerns and inquires in person and over text. I felt that my dress was more than safe in her very capable hands. I look forward to working with her again!

Sent on 09/08/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda! You are such a lovely person! I was so happy to find matching netting and lace to add sleeves to your dress and make it even more beautiful. :)

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

My Metro Fit FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $1,000 - $2,499
  • How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
    Flat Fee
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Flower Girls
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Cleaning
    Full Customization
    Preservation
    Sample Sales
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Plus Size Gowns
    Sample Gowns
    Undergarments
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    Less than 6 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Annually
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• My Metro Fit 1
    10% discount for WeddingWire couples

• 1675 York Ave New York, NY, 10128 See on map
    219-797-7775 (Phone number)
    Monday—Friday: 9:00AM–7:00PM Saturday & Sunday: 9:00AM–3:00PM
    Location of (My Metro Fit)