My Metro Fit Reviews

My Metro Fit 5
My Metro Fit 6
My Metro Fit 7

Kristy · Married on 10/12/2019

Highly skilled perfectionist-- amazing experience!

Marie works magic!! I fell in love and purchased a sample dress that had significant damage (torn mesh, broken lace, missing beading/appliques/embellishments); I was worried the dress would be unrepairable. That is, until I found Marie!
    Marie was so kind and professional throughout. She somehow repaired the extensive damage and made the dress even more beautiful. She found areas that I hadn't noticed that could be improved and altered the dress to fit my body like a glove. I've had many dresses altered before, but Marie took the extra steps to make sure the fit was absolutely perfect!
    The material of the dress was extremely delicate and difficult to work with, but when Marie was done, I couldn't tell where the damage was to begin with (see photo above for damage before and after). She was able to finish all the alterations quickly and was so easy to communicate with.
    She truly is a master at her craft, meticulous, and so sweet. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my gown with anyone else!

Sent on 08/17/2019
    My Metro Fit 8

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Kristy! It was amazing to work on your beautiful dress and see final result! Lace, beading and embellishment look like brand new:)

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2019

Blushing Bridesmaid

I had a wonderful time working with Marie to make alterations to my bridesmaid's dress. She was warm and responsive to all of my concerns and inquires in person and over text. I felt that my dress was more than safe in her very capable hands. I look forward to working with her again!

Sent on 09/08/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda! You are such a lovely person! I was so happy to find matching netting and lace to add sleeves to your dress and make it even more beautiful. :)
  • Liana

Liana Gordon · Married on 09/01/2019

Best tailor!!!

Marie is amazing. I looked around at other tailors for my wedding dress but hands down the best service I’ve ever experienced with a tailor (let alone for the most important day of my life) was with Marie. She’s warm, an expert at her craft and SO accommodating. I explained to her how soon my wedding is given a change in venue and not only did she get my dress custom tailored in two weeks, she only needed ONE fitting to have the dress fit my body perfectly. She’s super responsive as well- for example, I forgot how to put my dress on the hanger properly and she walked me through step by step over text. I can’t say enough positive things. She’s also much more affordable than other places. Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/22/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Liana! It was amazing to meet you and work on your wedding dress! So great to see you happy and beautiful!!!!!

Natalia Khidirova · Married on 08/24/2019

Marie is amazing!

Marie did an amazing job! My wedding dress was a delicate lace and at least 2 sizes too big. She made it fit perfectly and added a bustle, all for a much better price than anyone else had quoted me. Marie is so sweet, super responsive and flexible for appointment times. I would recommend her to anyone. Thanks Marie!!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Anna Hecht · Married on 08/24/2019

Marie is a pro! So fast, so find, and so careful with her work!

I cannot say enough good things about My Metro Fit. Marie is so talented and can do alterations lightning fast! I gave her my wedding dress a week ago. And with 30 days out til my wedding, she assured me she would have it done. Within 7 days, she had it finished and it was done PERFECTLY. She even went out of her way to find a piece of lace on the bottom of the dress and attach it to the top to add coverage. She is a miracle worker, and she is so kind! Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 07/23/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Anna! It was my pleasure to work on your wedding dress! And a special thank to your bridesmaid Banu for introducing you to me! You girls are so sweet and amazing!!
  • Katie

Katie Willis · Married on 08/03/2019

Best Experience Ever!

Marie is amazing! I needed to have sleeves added and the neckline altered for a church ceremony. I honestly don’t know how she did it, but she managed to remove a ruffle and piece together the lace for sleeves - it turned out beautifully!

From the moment I emailed her, Marie was incredibly responsive. She also was super fast, detail-oriented and very helpful. I had a few dresses and she talked me through what was possible with each one. OVerall, a great experience. Highligh recommend!!!

Sent on 07/16/2019
    My Metro Fit 9

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Katie! You are absolutely sweetheart and loved working with you! I’m so happy you liked new sleeves!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa Sommar · Married on 07/27/2019

Exceptional quality, personable, and professional service!

Marie was able to accommodate my last minute wedding dress alterations with the attention to detail and patience as if we had all the time in the world! She was responsive, kind, and professional. She is a perfectionist and exactly what you want in a tailor! I would 100% recommend!

Sent on 07/12/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Allyssa! It was amazing to meet you and work on your wedding dress! Restyling your gown was interesting project and back looks fabulous!

Keta Gelashvili · Married on 06/28/2019

Highly recommend

I bought a couture beaded wedding dress sample. I loved my gown, but it had a lot of damage. My mom was scared and didn't think it was wearable. My friend suggested Marie. On the first appointment, Marie explained how everything could be fixed. I was so relieved! Everything came out perfect! Thanks Marie!

Sent on 04/16/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Keta! It was my pleasure to work on your dress! I’m happy you loved my workmanship! ❤️
  • Janna

Janna Levin · Married on 06/16/2019

Marie is a fantastic dressmaker and tailor and the kindest!!!

I came to Marie after I had found my dream wedding dress (princess-style, with many yards of tulle) secondhand. Unfortunately my dress was a little bit too small and also had some faint stains, but Marie was able to make invisible inserts to shape the sleeves, and also hand clean the dress to get rid of the stains! She made it look brand new and fit me perfectly! All the time she was kind and patient, even though I was anxious about the process, and she explained everything she planned to do. Her prices are very fair and reasonable. She made me feel like a princess and I plan to go back to her whenever I have a beautiful dress or a vintage piece to alter or restore. If you need a dress tailored, Marie at MyMetroFit is the very best of the best!!!

Sent on 02/25/2019
    My Metro Fit 10

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much beautiful Jan!!! It was pleasure to work with you and can’t wait to start your vintage dress restoration! ❤️

Nadia · Married on 05/01/2019

excellent experience

I got my bridal outfit hemmed by Marie @ My Metro Fit. The entire process was seamless from start to finish. Marie was very responsive to my initial request, to scheduling my appointment to the pick up. She responds very quickly and best of all, keeps her appointment times. During my appointment with Marie, she went out of her way to make me comfortable in her working space, understand my needs and make suggestions. I specifically needed my long-trained dress to be hemmed quite significantly and Marie did an exceptional job on this. The work required the horse hair from the original hem to be removed and inserted again. Marie was able to manage this and the long train as an experienced artisan should be able to. I am very pleased with my experience AND the end result with Marie. I would highly recommend My Metro Fit and Marie to any bride.

Sent on 02/25/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you Nadia! Can’t wait to see your very special wedding pictures! You will be stunning bride! Love your outfit! 💞

Nicole · Married on 04/27/2019

Marie is Amazing!

I brought my dress to Marie and asked her to add an extra lining which only a true dressmaker can do. She did an amazing job! I would strongly recommend Marie to anyone needing a dress or alterations.

Sent on 05/19/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole! It was my pleasure to work n your dress and veil! Loved to see you and Comando stunning and happy!

Ruso Vasha · Married on 04/12/2019

How to be handsome

I was lucky to find Marie to work on my dress! I couldn't find a gown for my daughter's wedding and was very upset. My friend suggested Marie as she already had great experience with her! The whole process wos so easy and hassle-free! We picked out a striped turquoise organza to match our beach wedding style. It is stunning! Thank you so much Marie for your amazing work! Can't be happier!

Sent on 04/12/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

It was my pleasure to work on your gorgeous gown Ruso! Thank you so much sweet lady! I’m happy you loved your dress:)
  • LL

Ladylette · Married on 04/06/2019

Wonderful alteration experience with My Metro Fit | Marie

I feel very lucky to have found Marie and I wish I had found her sooner so I could have gotten a custom made dress. I came to Marie with a dress I already had doubts on (and it was too late to return) and feeling a little down with the style that I had chosen. Marie changed all of my doubts and made my dress perfect for me. She works from home and I very much preferred her place rather than an overpriced boutique with catty/mean employees and sharing appointment times with bridezillas. With Marie, you get one-on-one sessions. Marie is so talented. She not only alters your clothing to your specifications but she also makes custom dresses, veils and other accessories. I was unsure about getting a veil but wanted to have one on hand just in case I change my mind last minute so Marie whipped one up. Her apartment/work space is also pristine so you don’t have to worry about getting your clothes coming back dirty. I dropped my dress off mid-December of last year, had 2 fittings and my wedding dress was ready by mid-March (2 weeks prior to my wedding). Mind you, I had a dress that was 3-4 sizes too big, and just looked and felt like a big sack before Marie worked her magic on it. Marie, thank you for accommodating my requests, executing them properly and making this nervous bride at ease! I definitely would like to get a custom made dress from Marie one day and come back for any alteration needs. Please please please, check her out! You won't regret it.

Sent on 05/12/2019

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you so much Lady! It was my pleasure to work with you sweet girl! Great to see you happy and beautiful ❤️

Robyn · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful wedding dress alterations experience

Marie made fitting my dress stress free and easy. She’s easy going and flexible and made sure to explain everything she was going to alter on my wedding dress in detail after I tried on. Only went back once to pick up the dress, no further alterations needed. She’s great !

Sent on 10/29/2018

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you Robyn! It was my pleasure to work with you! Your wedding dress was very delicate and I'm glad you loved my workmanship!
  • F

Flora · Married on 10/28/2018

Exceptional

Marie is such a pleasure to work with. Marie did such an amazing job on my gown, I couldn’t believe it was even possible. I had purchased my dress at a sample sale and it needed a lot of work. I highly recommend Marie!!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    My Metro Fit 11

My Metro Fit's reply:

Flora you are such a sweetheart! Thanks for trusting me! I was so happy to find you just the right lining for the mesh side blocks!

Harriet · Married on 09/03/2018

Had the best experience with my alterations!My dress needed SO much altering- bought 3 sizes too big and I wanted a totally different neckline and back as well as a lot of hemming needed, so safe to say it was a pretty ambitious job to begin with. Marie is incredibly skilled and her attention to detail is amazing- she really takes a lot of pride in her work so everything she did was nothing less than perfect. My background is in fashion so was worried I would be so picky when it came to fit, however Marie would even notice things I didn't even think of- she is a true professional. Very reasonable pricing and no "hidden" costs that you often find with other wedding rated matters! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 07/06/2018

My Metro Fit's reply:

Harriet, you have such a wonderful personality! Thank you so much for your patience as your dress really needed lots of work and more fitting appointments than regular ones! Your bridesmaids are so friendly and lovely as well!

L · Married on 09/03/2018

Marie did an amazing job with our bridesmaid dress alterations in a short amount of time!!

Sent on 09/14/2018

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you Laura! Loved working with you and your friends! On time service is our priority and we try our best to make our girls happy!

Amanda · Married on 08/11/2018

Omg, she is amazing. I found her through a friend and I'm so glad I did. She was always responsive, so sweet, and did excellent work for a fantastic price. I really hope I get more dresses for her to make and alter. Thank you Maria! You are the best and I am so happy I you made my beautiful wedding dress dreams come true.

Sent on 07/21/2018

My Metro Fit's reply:

Thank you Amanda! So Lovely! It was very sweet of Alex to recommend me! Hope to see you and your friend soon!

Tarale · Married on 05/15/2018

I MUST give Marie at My Metro Fit 5 stars across the board. It’s an honest assessment. She was VERY flexible and patient with my crazy schedule. She always responded promptly. And my particular situation required Marie to source material that matched the lace on my sleeves, a very noticeable area! She did it to perfection.
    My wedding dress was lace and microbeading and had already fit like a glove, except the sleeves! They were so snug that I couldn’t raise my arms to shoulder level! And this girl needs her arms to dance! Marie opened the seam from wrist to armhole and added a slice of lace that even I didn’t notice until she told me!!
    I purchased my dress at a consignment boutique so the beads were shedding with every touch. Marie meticulously replaced beads that had collected inside the garment bag.
    I felt beautiful for so many reasons. Part of that is having a great experience with planning your wedding. Marie was part of that. She makes your experience feel couture and special!! I’ve witnessed friends feeling they weren’t getting their dream dress experience because the fitting wasn’t going well (without a little argument) and I am SO grateful that I found Marie.

Sent on 07/17/2018