Lake Forest, CA 92630 Map · Phone number

About Moondance Mobile Music

Jeff continues to be a highly sought after DJ/MC even after a career spanning over 26 years. He started his DJ career in the night club industry where he worked for over 9 years at clubs all over Southern California including San Diego, Orange County and even Hawaii. He’s and award winning DJ too, having been voted “Entertainer of the Year” from over 50 other DJ’s within the night club chain he worked for. This is where he also honed all of his mixing skills on the turntables and his intuitive ability to read a crowd and program the music to get the best out of every partygoer he’s ever spun a disc for.

Since moving on to the Mobile DJ Industry, Jeff has been a part of a countless amount of different and diverse types of events. “That’s what keeps it exciting for me” Jeff says about the mobile industry. “I get to be a part of something unique & different every weekend and Iget to spin all different types of music, which I enjoy immensely and I get to meet new people from all walks of life.” He understands the impact the music will make on an event and he strives to be the most accommodating DJ to all his diverse clients.

When it comes to Weddings a lot of couples will hire a DJ based on price alone and that’s a huge mistake says Jeff. “It’s sad & amazing, but 78% of all brides polled after their wedding said they would have spent more of their budget and time on finding a higher quality DJ.” “Most couples will only spend about 2% of their total budget on the entertainment but what they don’t realize is that the entertainment is responsible for roughly 90% of its success.” “I love being a part of this most memorable affair in a couple’s life. There’s this intoxicating mood at everyone and I get to share in this wonderful bond for life with all my couples.” “I take the “less is better” approach when being on the microphone at a wedding.” Jeff says. He is by far not one of those “Cheesy DJ’s’ people talk so much about. “There is a way to have a really great time without turning the reception into a circus” Jeff is a Master at the “Art of being a DJ”.

He’s also been the DJ for many discriminating high profile clients as well, but he’s not one to boast or drop a name. “Discretion is the name of the game when it comes to these types of parties” he says.

“Corporate parties are a blast” he says. “I’ve worked on so many company events over the years and I’ve been fortunate enough to work with many other great talents as well. I’ve been the warm up act for Sugar Ray, Shaggy, Blues Traveler and many others. I have one of the coolest jobs in the world! Why would I ever want to stop?”

“So turn down the lights and let’s get this party jumpin’”

Follow Moondance Mobile Music on

a328eba5b39861e6 1221584493647 aarondeliesepics007
Kristina 26Royce 40St Regis4 26 08

18 Reviews for Moondance Mobile Music

Martha · Married on 10/21/2017

Jeff was perfect for us. Professional but fun, took the time to get to know us. He made suggestions based on his experience. Highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/04/2017

jessica · Married on 12/17/2016

Jeff was our DJ for our wedding this past weekend and he was INCREDIBLE! Since we were planning our wedding from 2,000 miles away, I wanted to be sure that we picked the 'right' DJ for us....Jeff truly went above & beyond! From our very first meeting, he was very helpful in giving us options when it came to the song list. He is attentive, responsive to calls/emails, and a true professional!

Our guests literally danced the entire night and loved the music that he played. He was awesome. We wanted our wedding to be one in which the guests constantly danced and it was that - thanks to Jeff!!!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Jen · Married on 08/08/2016

Get a bigger dance floor, you'll need it!!! Jeff will have everyone on their feet from the first song until the very end, and they won't want it to end! Our guests are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding. Every song was a great one and my 86 year old grandmother was on the dance floor all night!
    Jeff is very professional and will spend time with you to understand who you are and what you like so he can give you an incredibly fun evening. The title DJ just doesn't fit him, he is far more talented, more professional, and certainly not cheesy in any way shape or form. Hire him! He will not disappoint and you will have a blast!

Sent on 09/30/2016

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Moondance Mobile Music FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 1,600.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 500.00

• Jeff Tackett Wedding Officiant
    Jeff Tackett Wedding Officiant Wedding Officiants

Moondance Mobile Music is a class act DJ. Jeff does a great job listening to what his clients want for there special day. He always has clients that are very happy with his services. I know first hand, as he did the ceremony and reception music for my wedding. We were very happy!

• by Kerri Hatter Weddings & Events
    by Kerri Hatter Weddings & Events Wedding Planners

Jeff at Moondance is soo much fun to work with!! Having a great DJ is super important - they need to communicate with the coordinator and they need to keep the party going. Jeff is totally on top of it! He will make sure your wedding is fabulous!

• Rancho Las Lomas
    Rancho Las Lomas Barn & Farm Weddings

Jeff Holmes/ Moondance has been a memeber of the Rancho family for many years. Jeff is the on-site DJ and takes great pride in customer service. He is a Dj that will give you just the right amount of magic to make a party fun !!

• Lake Forest, 92630 See on map