Cancun, MX MX 0000Z Map · Phone number

About Monica Lopez Photography

Photography has been my ticket to see the world in a different perspective, to meet wonderful people, to experience a roller coaster of emotions, to be a witness of the most beautiful moments a person could have.

Born in Guadalajara with the heart of an artist, I always dreamed of capturing the world as I saw it. In my constant pursuit of self-expression, I grasped at any tools within reach: crayons, pencils, paints, words, computers, and, eventually a camera. I now spend my days on the sandy shores of this famous beach town capturing the most precious moments of locals and visitors alike.

Destination weddings, honeymoons, babymoons, family reunions, and anniversaries… I have taken pictures during the most breathtaking sunsets and at the most elaborate weddings, but what never fails to take my breath away is the opportunity I have been granted to meet with and get to know some of the most remarkable people. I know that people are never as simple as their first impressions might lead you to believe.

I also believe that no two couples are exactly the same. I seek to work with couples and families of all kinds and create images that truly draw out their personalities.

Being a newlywed myself, I understand deeply that nothing is more important or more treasured than images of love frozen in time. So let’s chat, laugh, and hit the bright white beaches of Cancun together! Let’s capture your story!

Contact me at:

Monica Lopez Photography 5
  • Sally

Sally Li · Getting married on 08/07/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Monica was absolutely fantastic. She was personable and friendly, and made us feel comfortable from the very beginning. She was hands down the best “third wheel” haha! We decided to have our engagement photos taken by Monica because we are in awe of her work. We stayed at a resort in Cancun, and when we reached out to Monica for details and told her the style of photos we wanted, she suggested Isla Mujeres (absolutely breathtaking!) and gave us very clear directions of how to meet her. Monica was so helpful and engaging throughout the whole process. Since receiving our photos we can’t stop looking at them! She really captured our beautiful moments in the best possible way and there’s nothing that we would change. Our experience with Monica was second to none. We definitely recommend Monica to anyone who is looking for an amazing photographer that delivers stunning photos that are timeless, elegant, and simply beautiful.

Monica Lopez Photography 6
    Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Monica

Monica Vu · Getting married on 12/11/2020

Captured all the great moments

It wasn't difficult for me to choose Monica as my photographer for my wedding. I took a look at her pictures on instagram and knew her style of photography was what I was looking for. I told her that I wanted candids and she did an INCREDIBLE job at providing those - I couldn't fit videography in my budget but after seeing the photos it seems I didn't need to, her photos are just amazing and I couldn't be happier! On top of that she was great to work with and very helpful in terms of knowing the resort.
    Booking with her was super easy, she got back to me quickly with the information I needed for her prices and packages. She spent all day with us, from getting ready to the reception. Thank you so so much!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Christina

Christina Bogers · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Better than we could have imagined - the Whole Process

Monica was a dream to work with! From the prep beforehand (me sending her a million ideas) to putting those ideas into fruition on the beach, to getting our photos so fast! I must say it was ridiculously hard to pic just our favorites from the abundance of amazing photos she gave us, but somehow we did it. She was worth every penny and I am thankful we found her. Definitely going to use her again next time we come back to the Cancun area.

Monica Lopez Photography 7
    Monica Lopez Photography 8
    Sent on 10/08/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Monica Lopez Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 1500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2350.00
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Trash The Dress
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Boudoir Shoot
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    Second Shooter
    Toning
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?

• Santiago Gabay Photography
    Santiago Gabay Photography Wedding Photographers

If you are looking for a professional, engaged with the moment and sweet girl then Monica is the one. After working several times with her I could say that she goes beyond the expectations always. She will get involved in your love story and will document every single moment of your big day.

• Ocean Weddings
    Ocean Weddings Park & Outdoor Weddings

I have worked with Monica for the last 4 years. Her work is awesome & best of all her prices!!

• Cancun See on map