6501 Red Hook Plaza Ste. 40, St Thomas, VI 00802 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $700
Availability Check your date
  • Photos

About Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography

Rebecca is a US Virgin Island based photographer that is one of the few photographers permitted to shoot in the National Park on St. John. She specializes in engagement, family, wedding photography.

Rebecca is an island girl at heart. Born in St. Thomas, she spent many hours in the water and at the beach growing up. She gained her love for photography from her mother who always had a camera on hand to capture life's unpredictable moments. That love turned into a passion and she decided to make a career out of it. Rebecca attended the Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, NY (Kodak country) and graduated with a BFA in Photography. After spending many years in the cold, she decided that it was time to head home and capture the beauty of the islands with her camera.

Feel free to contact me with any questions either by phone 340-643-7243 or email me mermaid.rebecca.ruth@gmail.com, I would love to work with you!

Follow Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography on

44 Reviews for Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography

• User4697835 ·

Rebecca was a very talented a flexible photographer! Our venue ended up having some less-than-picturesque background possibilities and you can't even tell in the photographs. She really used a professional eye to make us look our best and to make the wedding site shine, despite difficulties. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/14/2015

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. I enjoyed working with you two on your special day!

Brittany · Married on 05/13/2018

Rebecca was seriously amazing!! I met her in the middle of the street 15 minutes before my wedding was supposed to begin, as I was internally freaking out over the last minute change in location. She had such a positive attitude and assured me that everything happens for a reason and that it was going to be beautiful, and it was! She was so fun and made us so comfortable. Neither of us are great at having pictures taken of ourselves, but she made us feel like we were models. She took us on an adventure and went to several different locations with us to get some great shots. It’s very clear that she loves her job. She gets really excited about the shots she’s taking, and it’s really cool to watch her work. She’s a perfect combination of fun, hilarious, and professional. I would 100% recommend her to anyone.

Ashley · Married on 10/09/2016

Rebecca was absolutely wonder to work with! She literally jumped right into the water with is to get the perfect shot! She paid very close attention to detail when she was taking our pictures and worked very hard! I am SO pleased with all of our pictures! I would recommend Rebecca to everyone looking for a photographer in St Thomas.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography's reply:

Ashely your vow renewal was one I am going to remember!! Cute kiddos that stole my heart, beautiful bouquet, so much love, and the amazing adventurous attitude you and Ryan share!! You two didn't even bat an eye when I said "Let's wade/rock climb out to the point. I promise it will be worth it!" Water past our knees getting splashed by waves you two were troopers! But the photos, they were worth every wave!! I left soaked and so excited to share your photos. So happy our paths crossed and I was able to capture those moments for you!

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 700.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 700.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Natural, Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Trash The Dress, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• stjohnweddings.com
    stjohnweddings.com Wedding Officiants

Having officiated at thousands of beach weddings on St.John, Virgin Islands, I have worked with many wedding photographers over the years . Rebecca Ruth is a very focused, sincere, talented photographer. She beautifully captures the personality of the wedding couple and the magnificent environment. Anne Marie Porter St.John's Barefoot Minister

• Island Bliss Weddings
    Island Bliss Weddings Wedding Planners

Rebecca brings a fun energy to her weddings, making the bride & groom feel instantly at ease! We love working with her on our events.

• Secret Harbour Beach resort
    Secret Harbour Beach resort Hotel Weddings

Mermaid Rebecca Ruth Photography is one of the wonderful photographers capturing wedding memories on the Secret Harbour Beach.

• 6501 Red Hook Plaza, Ste. 40 St Thomas, VI 00802 See on map