Charlottesville, VA 22902 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Meredith Sledge Photography

My name's Meredith and I currently live in Charlottesville Virginia but shoot weddings and proposals worldwide for the elegant, classy, and original bride who loves a beautiful location and has an adventurous spirit.

I love traveling and feel like I should have been born in Hawaii. Ever since I first visited in 2015, I have had a dream to one day move there! I have a coffee addiction like you've never seen but I'm that person who doesn't like making it at home (so long money…). My favorite morning ritual is getting outside and going into town to grab an iced latte — yes, even in the winter. I adore longhaired dachshunds and can guarantee if I see one, I will squeal and try to befriend the owner. We've had dachshunds my entire life and I am 100% loyal to that breed, although I never turn down an opportunity to love on a puppy. My favorite food is dessert and sometimes I eat cookies for breakfast. Shh… don't tell my mom. I'm an INFJ which apparently is one of the rarest personality types, making up less than 1% of the population. I find people super intriguing and if I wasn't doing photography, I'd probably want to be a counselor. And lastly, I love to listen and one of my favorite things is hearing someone's story and helping them to see purpose in it. I believe everyone was created for a reason and I love to remind people of that.

I grew up in small-town Waynesboro, about thirty minutes from where I currently live. Outside of my recent move to Charlottesville, I lived in Waynesboro my whole life. I think our only claim to fame is that part of Evan Almighty was filmed downtown. I grew up with a creative personality and have always been a bit of an old soul — maybe I can contribute that to the fact that I had to mature quickly in a family with two crazy older brothers. I appreciate deep conversation, I love journaling, and at a young age, I learned that life is too short not to love people well. I found my love for capturing people not too long after one of my best friends passed away my first year of high school. I got my camera shortly after and looked through my lens hoping to see beauty in a time that felt anything but beautiful. I think because of that loss, I value capturing moments and stopping time with my camera more than I otherwise would have. When I get a couple in front of my lens, my goal becomes to give you permission to confidently be yourself and love the person in the frame with you. I desire to capture love in a way that allows you to look back on your photos in the years to come and relive that euphoric season of early engagement or marriage. You deserve to have your story told by someone who wants to tell it and that's what I want to do.

Follow Meredith Sledge Photography on

• Real Weddings 30

17 Reviews for Meredith Sledge Photography

Grace · Married on 11/27/2018

Senior portrait

Meredith's work is incomparable. The way she enhances natural beauty by capturing people from their best angles and works with lighting leads to an incredibly pretty and polished result. She also is a very upbeat and warm person so working with her is never dull or uncomfortable.

Mia · Married on 09/08/2018

Where to even begin...? Meredith clearly has such talent and such passion and it shines through in all she does. We knew we had picked the right person as soon as we met her. My new husband is not someone who enjoys getting pictures done, but Meredith's warm, kind and open personality helped with any weird feelings from being in front of the camera. We got so many compliments on our photos from our engagement session and so far we have one sneak preview from our wedding and it is EPIC. Meredith's eye for excellent framing is just outstanding.

She is worth every penny, and we will continue to book her for anything we need and will sing her praises to all our friends because if you want the best, you need Meredith.

Devon · Married on 10/14/2017

Meredith is truly amazing! I couldn’t have asked for a better photographer for our wedding day! She captured every spectacular moment with the most breathtaking photographs. In addition, she has a wonderful personality and helps to make your day as stress-free as possible! She is SUPER fun to work with and helps you relax for the camera. You can see the personality of our loved ones in each picture, and you can tell that she takes pride in what she does. Thank you Meredith for capturing the best day ever!

Award

Meredith Sledge Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 4,600.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 5,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary, Film, Natural, Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

Real Weddings