937 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70116 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 30 to 80
Availability Check your date
  • Pricing

About Melrose Mansion

Sitting on historic Esplanade Avenue on the edge of the French Quarter, the Melrose Mansion is the perfect setting for your New Orleans wedding. Our newly renovated luxury hotel is ideal for small intimate weddings in the courtyard area alongside our lush swimming pool or inside the beautifully decorated Victorian mansion.

Follow Melrose Mansion on

2a exec suite view 3
melrosemansionhdr2113360822481398363748

3 Reviews for Melrose Mansion

Miranda · Married on 04/22/2017

Melrose Mansion was the perfect venue to have the intimate, unique wedding we wanted! We were able to rent the Mansion for the entire weekend to spend quality time with our closest family and friends, outside of the actual wedding ceremony. The Mansion is close proximity to great food, nightlife, and live music, but still quiet and relaxing.

The rooms were all beautiful, the grounds were well kept, and the staff was so friendly and interactive. We were able to hold our ceremony outside, have our reception by the pool, and have a Second Line in between! Our guests all said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to, and we agree :)

I can't wait to come back to celebrate an anniversary at Melrose Mansion, and highly recommend this location to all couples looking for a New Orleans wedding you'll never forget!

Sent on 01/07/2018
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/01/2018

Destination Wedding at Melrose Mansion

My husband and I decided to have our wedding at Melrose Mansion after staying at Melrose during a previous trip where we actually got engaged. We loved Melrose so much, it was an easy choice to bring our closest friends and family back to the hotel for our big day. We ended up renting out the whole hotel for the weekend of the wedding, which made everything feel very special and intimate. Everything was amazing! The entire staff at the hotel was welcoming, friendly, and worked hard to make sure everything was perfect for us. The hotel coordinator, McKensie, worked closely with me the whole year I was planning our wedding. She was easy to communicate with, kind, and patient, and she even gave me many helpful tips and recommendations that helped me plan better. She, along with the hotel butlers, was on site during our events to make sure everything was running smoothly. I just can't say enough good things about the staff at Melrose. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous and was such a great backdrop for our wedding. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and spacious, and all of our guests had great things to say about the hotel and their rooms. As for a wedding and ceremony venue, Melrose Mansion is a fantastic choice. It is so effortlessly beautiful and there are so many options as to where you can hold your events. We chose to do our wedding ceremony outside in a quaint little courtyard. Our reception mostly took place outside around the pool and in the back parking lot where we hired in two food trucks. The hotel was so great about accommodating all of our wishes and desires including having a second line parade, placing floral floats in the pool, decorating the hotel, and letting us store food in their refrigerators (we did a lot of the food ourselves). If you're thinking about having your wedding, or your whole wedding weekend and Melrose Mansion, you will not regret it! You will make wonderful memories to last a lifetime!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Rebecca · Married on 02/13/2016

2.6
      3.5
      2.5

I booked the entire Mansion for the weekend of my wedding and while the venue is absolutely gorgeous and the staff very friendly, I found working with the hotel's management team difficult. Just weeks before my wedding date, the owners decided to undergo renovations to one of the main rooms of the Mansion and never did the venue coordinator or sales manager ever mention this to me or my fiancé (nor was it mentioned in our contract). We stopped in at the Mansion about three weeks before our big day to take some measurements and only then were we made aware of the major reconstruction. We were assured this room would be ready for use come our wedding weekend, as this is where we had planned our rehearsal dinner party and wedding reception. The hotel's staff and management team made it look nice for us the day we arrived; however, construction was not complete. We had no working speakers in this space, nor did we have use of the electrical outlets on one side of the room. The venue coordinator also told my DJ on the day of the wedding that he could not set up speakers outside, due to the fact that one of the neighbors across the street complains incessantly about the noise (regardless of the time of day/evening/night). We were told ahead of time to warn our DJ to keep the music down, but never that we could not have any speakers set up outside. Because our DJ had to keep his music inside, no one standing out around the pool area, or in the room with no speakers, could hear the songs I had spent so many months selecting. Beautiful venue and accommodating staff - just make sure to check with the coordinator about the music/sound before booking your event here and hopefully there will be no surprise construction before your special occasion, either. It costs quite a bit of money, up-front, to "buy-out" the Melrose Mansion and I certainly would have loved to know these two very important pieces of information.

Sent on 04/27/2016

Melrose Mansion Pricing

Melrose Mansion Price Rates

Melrose Mansion FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Inn/B&B
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Get Ready Rooms
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking