La Mesa, CA 91942 Map · Phone number

2623a96a9075a09a SK 1
sk 53

4 Reviews for Melinda Lara Photography

Tiffany · Married on 02/12/2014

My wife and I were lucky enough to retain Melinda for our wedding at the last minute. Our budget was tight, so we hadn’t originally planned to have a professional photographer. Fortunately, my parents offered to give us their gift in advance, which allowed us to hire Melinda. And we’re so thankful they did!

Since we were not doing an engagement shoot, Melinda made time to meet with us in the 10 days between the wedding and when we booked her in order to answer questions and get the information she needed from us. As a same-gender couple, the question of how we would be treated by potential vendors was frequently at the forefront of our minds during the wedding planning process. Melinda showed cultural awareness regarding the LGBT community, and made us feel totally comfortable and respected.

On our wedding day, we had a wardrobe crisis that involved a significant time delay. Upon being notified of this, Melinda immediately adapted to a new plan. She was clearly very experienced with wedding snafus, as she demonstrated tremendous flexibility and patience. Melinda suggested a variety of poses while also leaving room to incorporate our ideas. She was professional in every way, from her attire to the way she interacted with our guests. She even jumped in to help whenever more hands were needed, above and beyond her role as our photographer.

Two and a half weeks after the wedding, Melinda sent us a “preview” of our wedding photos. Let me just say here… WOW! We were so impressed. Out of 70+, there was not a single photo we didn’t love. A few days ago (in *half* the time the contract specifies), we received our full set of fully edited images in the mail, and within those we have many more favorites.

Everything about the process of working with Melinda was smooth, from signing the contract to receiving our final photos. We will always be grateful that we hired a professional photographer for our wedding - and even more grateful that we chose Melinda.

Sent on 03/30/2014

Naisha · Married on 08/02/2013

Melinda was wonderful! We had our wedding at Balboa Park in San Diego and our reception at the Marina Village, she traveled both places and took amazing photos and got all the shots I wanted. She went above and beyond to help me adjust my dress and make sure my groom didn't see me ahead of time! Overall great photographer!

Sent on 02/07/2014

Monique · Married on 07/20/2013

Melinda was very professional and flexible. At the last minute we wanted to hire her for two more hours and she easily agreed. She was pleasant to work with and mingled with our guests seamlessly. Her pictures truly capture the day.

Sent on 09/03/2013

Melinda Lara Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 1,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date, Thank You Cards

• La Mesa, 91942 See on map