2204 Fort Belvoir Dr., Virginia Beach, VA 23464 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 16

About Melanie Wasko Photography

About me? I'd rather find out about you. When it comes to your photography, it's all about you, not me. I want to learn all about you...your stories, your likes and dislikes, your hobbies, passions, and interests. I want to know what makes you and yours different from anyone else. The thing I most want you to know about me, is that I want to know about you. You are what will make your pictures special.

But since you came to this page, here's a little about me. I've been happily married for almost 27 years and have four daughters. I love the color red, dark chocolate, coffee, tulips, hiking, reading, and binge-watching Gilmore Girls. I teach fitness classes at 6 AM because if I didn't teach, I might not exercise. I love my church--the people not the building. My house is loud, always full of people, and more often than not there are dishes to wash and laundry to fold.

I love to discover and capture the uniqueness of the people I photograph. Like our fingerprints, no two people are alike, and that's why cookie-cutter photo sessions and wedding poses don't appeal to me. Each couple has its own personality, interests, and style. The great fun of photography is exploring who people are through creative, memorable images.

I am a "Portrait Journalist" (not an original title, by the way) I love the idea of photojournalism, but true photojournalism never stops the action, never strikes a pose, or has a "let's do that again" moment. And while I don't love the idea of really posed pictures, life sometimes needs a little positioning, prompting, and primping. Portrait Journalism is the best of both worlds...the cadid joy of the action of life combined with the beauty that comes with slowing down and being deliberate...sometimes an image looks better with the mud wiped off our shoes. =)

I'd love to meet you and hear all about your wedding plans, and I'd love to be your wedding photographer. Contact me today to set up a time we can begin to get to know each other.

Melanie Wasko

jonrach0739b

• Videos 2

10 Reviews for Melanie Wasko Photography

Hayley · Married on 05/21/2016

Melanie and her team were great to work with! She was super fun and on top of things. We just got back our sneak peak photos and they were some of the best wedding photos I've ever seen!

Sent on 05/24/2016

Melanie Wasko Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Hayley! I absolutely LOVED celebrating with you, and I love the images we created. So excited for you to see the rest of them! Thank you for choosing me as your wedding photographer. Amy, Andrea and I loved every minute of it!

Sheryl · Married on 09/20/2014

Very professional and easy to work with, would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 06/13/2015

Melanie Wasko Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sheryl! I loved sharing such a special day with you and your family!

Emily · Married on 09/20/2014

I would recommend Melanie to anyone! Not only is she an amazing photographer, but she is easy to get along with and really flexible!

Sent on 06/14/2015

Melanie Wasko Photography's reply:

Emily, you and Max were an amazing couple to work with. I am thankful to have been your photographer and to have shared such a wonderful day with you!

Award

Melanie Wasko Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs

• 2204 Fort Belvoir Dr. Virginia Beach, 23464 See on map