Melanie Ruth Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$5,200 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$5,200 Most Popular Price

So excited you have found yourself here! To me, weddings are not just about the big moments but include the seconds leading up to those moments. I want to infuse your story with the richness and vibrancy of your love, and the love of those around you. I am captivated by the connections between you and your guests throughout your day that strengthen the emotion shown through each image. I approach weddings knowing that it is with what I capture, that will document and preserve your love story for you and your family for years to come. I serve couples throughout New England. I have photographed as far as Vermont, Maine, and the Hudson Valley, as well as many beautiful wedding stories in the hills and shorelines of Connecticut. Please reach out to me via my website to inquire about wedding collections and availability as I do not check weddingwire messages directly!

The photographer offers many wedding services. Melanie Ruth Photography services include:

• Second shooter
  • High resolution
  • Liability insurance

Other Services
In addition to the above wedding-related offerings, Melanie Ruth Photography also offers many other services that include:

• Engagement sessions
  • Albums
  • Digital files
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,800

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$5,200

2nd Shooter
Engagement Shoot
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Contemporary
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Matted Prints
Prints
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Russell E. Married on 07/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Mel is a true professional!

We can't recommend Mel highly enough. From the first time we spoke with her, she was focused on accommodating our vision (and helping us understand what it was!). At our engagement session and wedding, she went with the flow and managed to make both of us, and the rest of our guests, feel comfortable in front of the camera. She's great with family, and got every photo we asked for while allowing us to enjoy the celebration. Beyond the camera, and without exaggeration, Mel was the glue that held our wedding planning together for much of the planning phase.
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca N. Married on 07/10/2022

Excellent elopement experience

Melanie was absolutely amazing. Besides being an excellent photographer with an eye for natural details, my partner and I found her confidence and excitement about our farm elopement idea and willingness to shoot a non-traditional wedding to be a huge relief. Having been together for 10 + years, we really didn't want to do a wedding at all but wanted the photos and memories and Melanie was able to run with that half baked vision and turn it into an amazing experience for us. We couldn't have done it without her because she thought of things we never would have thought of-- and in less than 30 days, and during a pandemic no less. I especially love that Melanie was able to capture the surrounding landscape and the general vibe of the day, weather, details in addition to the photos of us. Couldn't have asked for anything more!!
    Nadia G. Married on 06/25/2022

Wonderful!

Melanie was so fantastic to work with. She made us feel comfortable instantly and is a joy to work with. She made sure we had enough time for the photos we wanted by planning a timeline in advance. Her work is STUNNING. The photos turned out organic and gorgeous. My mom said it perfectly: “she captured the wedding exactly as I remember it in my mind” and seeing the photos later was like reliving the wedding. She is an artist and we feel extremely lucky that she chose to capture our day.
  • illustration stars

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

West Hartford, CT, 06119
Location of (Melanie Ruth Photography)

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding