Melanie Ruth Photography Reviews

Melanie Ruth Photography 5
Melanie Ruth Photography 6
Melanie Ruth Photography 7

Brooke · Getting married on 08/22/2020

Melanie was absolutely amazing to work with! The photos were perfect- I couldn't have imagined a better experience. She was easy to work with, super accommodating, and very friendly. She helped my fiance and I feel comfortable and relax during our engagement session. We had so much fun with Melanie and love every single picture. I will definitely be hiring her for future shoots!

Sent on 09/05/2017
  • Faith

Faith Forman · Married on 06/22/2019

Incredible experience -- Melanie and her work are one-of-a-kind!

To try to capture the level of appreciation we have for Melanie's work is incredibly hard to do in one post. Your wedding day is one of the best days of your life, and we knew it would go by in the blink of an eye -- so choosing the right photographer for us was so important because we wanted to be able to look back on the celebration. To say that Melanie did a excellent job is an understatement. She checks off all the boxes you'd want for a photographer -- professional, collaborative, artistic, and experienced -- but she goes far above and beyond those things. Her thoughtfulness plus the level of detail and care she took to make sure she captured our day perfectly is what sets her apart, and she did just that: her pictures are truly perfect and unique. Plus, it's a pleasure to work with Melanie, and she makes planning the details around the photography for the wedding easy and stress free -- which means A LOT given all the logistics around the event. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/30/2019
    Melanie Ruth Photography 8
    Melanie Ruth Photography 9
    Melanie Ruth Photography 10
    Melanie Ruth Photography 11
  • Juliette

Juliette Provost · Married on 06/08/2019

AMAZING Photographer

Melanie blew us away right from the start. She was the best decision we made regarding our wedding. Starting at the engagement photos, she was willing to travel to a location that meant a lot to my husband and I. Our engagement photos were the first time we met Melanie in person, and she made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She had us tell jokes to each other to loosen up, and she wanted to hear all about our special love story. Throughout the entire session we completely forgot there was a camera point right at us. The pictures came out breathtaking. Months before the wedding Melanie reached out with a wedding day information sheet. This insulted timing of events, “must-get” portraits of friends/ family, and important details/people at the wedding that she should spend extra attention on. Melanie worked with us to make our dream wedding a reality. She helped to plain every detail regarding timeline and photos that needed to be taken. She made us feel so much less stressed going into the big day. On the day of, Melanie came with SO much energy. She was so friendly to everyone and made us feel so special. Everything that we had spent weeks planning with Melanie went off without a hitch. She again made us feel so natural in front of the camera. She captured every special moment from the day. Melanie was the most organized vendor that we had at our wedding, she wanted to make sure that our day was everything we hoped for and more. A couple days after our wedding we received some sneak peak photographs and we were brought to tears. Melanie’s photos really do speak a thousand words. Our wedding photographs are something that we will always have to look back on our special day, and I would not have wanted any else besides Melanie to capture these moments for us.

Sent on 08/13/2019
    Melanie Ruth Photography 12
    Melanie Ruth Photography 13
    Melanie Ruth Photography 14
    Melanie Ruth Photography 15
    Melanie Ruth Photography 16

Kelly Bednarz · Married on 06/01/2019

Melanie was such a pleasure to work with!

Melanie is such a talented photographer. We first worked with Melanie during our engagement photo shoot. We were a little unsure how the evening would go, but Melanie put us right as ease. We laughed the whole time and our photos were so beautiful. When it came time for our wedding, Melanie was so helpful about what to expect and planning in advance to have our day run smoothly and most efficiently. Our photographs came out AMAZING! She captured so many perfect moments. I would highly recommend Melanie for your wedding photographer, as she is simply wonderful to work with!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Tommy

Tommy Domanick · Married on 04/19/2019

Melanie Made Everything So Easy

We reached out to a few photographers to get quotes for our wedding but once we met with Melanie at Colony Pizza, we know she was the one and we discontinued our search. Melanie was phenomenal to work with; super friendly, insanely organized, and she really just made everything so easy, from our original meeting all the way through receiving our photo gallery. Posing for pictures isn't the most comfortable/natural thing but Melanie made us feel super comfortable in a very organic, non-forced way. She actually made it fun.

We've received tons of compliments and positive feedback from everyone that has seen our pictures. My cousins shot video at our wedding and were extremely impressed with Melanie's work. So much so that they said they wished they had hired her for their wedding. Our bridal party and family also really enjoyed working with Melanie on our big day.

We would HIGHLY recommend Melanie to anyone looking for a photographer for their wedding, or any reason for that matter!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Melanie Ruth Photography 23
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Guido · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing!

I have known Mel for years and when I got engaged, I knew I couldn't trust my special day to anyone else. She was fun, friendly and incredibly accommodating. She puts so much pride in her work and it shows! My pictures came out incredible :)

Sent on 03/18/2019
    Melanie Ruth Photography 24
    Melanie Ruth Photography 25
    Melanie Ruth Photography 26
    Melanie Ruth Photography 27
    Melanie Ruth Photography 28
    Melanie Ruth Photography 29

Chelsea Condon · Married on 10/27/2018

Melanie is wonderful! Would highly recommend!

I would HIGHLY recommend working with Melanie. Not only is she a joy to work with and will make you feel extremely comfortable, but her work is outstanding - she is very professional, organized, and will ensure that everything goes smoothly from a photography perspective, making it more easy for the couple. Her photographs are classic yet creative, and we were blown away by all of the images we received. Melanie really captures the natural and authentic tone of the day. You will not regret working with Melanie :)

Sent on 12/10/2018

Emily · Married on 10/06/2018

Melanie is truly an amazing photographer and person. I was so nervous to get our engagement photos done - would I look okay, is my hair perfect, all the thoughts brides have before their engagement photos or big day. From the moment we started, she made us feel so comfortable and did so throughout the entire shoot. She made us laugh throughout the shoot and made the whole experience feel natural. I never once felt uncomfortable or self- conscious - she made me feel so beautiful and confident. Melanie looked through my Pinterest board beforehand, and made suggestions to execute exactly what I was looking for. Melanie not only takes amazing pictures but she is able to capture your love for the other person. I had tears in my eyes when I saw the photographs she took for us. They were exactly the style and look I was going for, and seriously so magical. We've had friend and family comment on how she captured our love as if it were a fairy tale. Honestly, I could not recommend a better photographer for your engagement photos or wedding. Melanie goes beyond just taking photos, she makes the effort to learn about the couples vision and about the couple themselves so that during the shoot she is able to capture the unique love of that couple.

Sent on 09/12/2017

Caitlin C · Married on 09/08/2018

Highly recommend!

I truly don’t think we could have picked a better photographer to capture our wedding! From the very start Melanie was so great to work with! She was so organized and professional. She met with us several times before the day to make sure everything went perfectly .. which it did! She made everyone feel so comfortable while shooting and honestly made it so much fun! All my bridesmaids couldn’t stop talking about how fun she was :-) our pictures came out even better than I could have imagined, we love them all! I highly recommend Melanie, we had a great experience!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Chloe P · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing photographer!!

We could not be happier with our engagement and wedding photos by Melanie Ruth Photography! Melanie is a pleasure to work with and an unbelievably talented photographer. She captured our wedding day perfectly and we highly recommend her!!

Sent on 10/27/2018
  • Madeline

Madeline · Married on 08/18/2018

Melanie and Jess (her 2nd shooter) were AMAZING! Not only was Melanie so responsive during our planning process but she was the most helpful and calming person I could have asked for on our big day. She literally taped me into my dress at one point knowing I was getting stressed out. Jess was so down to earth and the groomsman loved her...they even said she was just like hanging with the guys. I could have not asked for two better photographers on our big day. I cannot wait to see our final pictures after seeing our sneak peek!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Laura · Married on 08/11/2018

Melanie was amazing to work with! We had our engagement pictures taken in August and they are stunning! She suggested beautiful locations to take pictures and was flexible accommodating a day that worked for us, as we live in another state. As I look at all the gorgeous pictures she took, I smile and remember all the fun little games we played and how genuine and real our smiles are in the pictures. I had so much fun at the session and can't wait until my wedding and to see the beautiful pictures Melanie will take to capture the big day!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Melanie Ruth Photography 30
    Melanie Ruth Photography 31

Alston · Married on 08/11/2018

Melanie has the most bubbly personality and is an absolute joy to work with. Going into the engagement photo process I had no idea what to expect and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Location is obviously a major part of having a great engagement photos and her recommendation to choose Harkness State Park was spot on. While shooting, she gave important cues to my fiancé and I helping us get in to various poses. Melanie also had us play small games with each other while shooting to trigger memories portraying various different emotions that clearly came through on camera. I cannot wait to have her at our wedding and be a part of the wedding journey my fiancé and I have embarked on.

Sent on 09/27/2017

Marissa · Married on 08/03/2018

Admittedly, it’s taken me awhile to write this review, primarily because I cannot put into words how wonderful it was to work with Melanie. Hiring a photographer for such a momentous day can be scary and intimidating. You will not go wrong with Melanie. From our first email exchange, through the day of the wedding, she has been nothing but communicative and super responsive, accommodating, thoughtful, sweet, and professional. Not only is she a super-skilled photographer, she’s down-to-earth and knows how to lighten a mood and make what can seemingly be an intimidating or awkward thing so much fun and so memorable! I cannot thank her (and her second shooter for the day, Morgan Sessions- lover her too!) enough for capturing our big day and for taking such beautiful engagement photos. To boot, her turnaround time is incredibly fast. For perspective, we were married on 8/3 and we’ve had our professionally edited pictures/files in hand since 8/19. At the end of the day, Melanie’s pictures speak for themselves. We love all of our pictures, as do our families and friends. I’ve included some here, but I encourage you to follow her online and to look at her portfolios. She’s hands-down amazing! We’d hire her again in a heartbeat and we hope to work with her again someday!

Sent on 08/22/2018
    Melanie Ruth Photography 32
    Melanie Ruth Photography 33
    Melanie Ruth Photography 34
    Melanie Ruth Photography 35
    Melanie Ruth Photography 36

Marisa · Married on 06/24/2018

I can't say enough great things about Melanie! Melanie did our engagement shoot this past summer and the pictures are amazing! It's exactly what I expected from her because from the very start she was great. She took time to meet with us early-on in the process and let us know what to expect as we begin planning the wedding. When we started talking about the engagement shoot, Melanie listened to what we wanted and then offered great suggestions. Even leading up to the shoot, we emailed about outfit ideas and she told me what would look best. During the session she had creative ways to keep us laughing and picture perfect. I loved that she paid such close attention to details and always wanted to make sure my hair was perfect! Truly a pleasure to work with and we cannot wait until next year when she captures our wedding day!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Lacee · Married on 06/23/2018

Nothing short of a 5 star rating for Melanie! From the start I knew I was going to be picky with my Photographer and their ability to capture not only the traditional shots but the candid, in the moment, trendy detailed shots. Melanie hits the nail on the head in all categories. Every photo looks like it could come right out of a magazine. Clean , crisp & bright photos. Melanie herself is so sweet and caring. We connected right away on the first phone call. She made the photo sessions feel so natural (for those camera shy people.....my fiancé! Lol). I’m so happy We chose Melanie for our big day. Words cannot describe Melanie’s work! A must see for yourself. Visit her Facebook page at Melanie Ruth Photographer.

Sent on 11/24/2017
    Melanie Ruth Photography 41
    Melanie Ruth Photography 42
    Melanie Ruth Photography 43

Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2018

Melanie was such a joy to work with! She calmed our nerves and made the experience feel natural. Her professionalism and creative eye brought our session to fruition and we couldn't be happier! Her skill as a photographer is evident in her work and we are excited to share our beautiful photos.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Beth · Married on 05/26/2018

The absolute best!

Melanie was such a joy to work with both heading up to our big day and throughout our wedding day. She knew exactly what to do when, and her attention to detail is marvelous - my husband and I trusted her completely and as a result were able to enjoy the day! She had it covered! Her artistic eye and casual, fun-loving attitude made for absolutely stunning photographs. Her editing skills and formatting also makes it very easy to view, share, and purchase your photographs afterwards. We are so happy with our photographs and I can not recommend Melanie enough!

Sent on 12/27/2018
    Melanie Ruth Photography 50
    Melanie Ruth Photography 51
    Melanie Ruth Photography 52

Jackie · Married on 05/19/2018

We cannot adequately put into words our experience with Melanie. From the planning stages to the moment she sent us our final pictures Melanie did everything she could to make this experience as magical as possible. We now have photographs of our engagement proposal that will last a lifetime and bring us joy for the rest of our lives. She was professional, caring, dedicated, hardworking, and so incredibly comforting. If you are looking for a photographer that has immense passion for both photography and love itself—work with Melanie. She is not only a master of her craft, but she is an absolutely amazing human.

Sent on 04/18/2017
  • F

Francesca · Married on 11/11/2017

I cannot say enough kind words about Melanie. From the moment we met her I knew we were in good hands! She has a gift for making you feel natural in front of the camera and has the greatest personality. Our entire wedding day went so smoothly thanks to her and her second shooter, Tom. We were laughing and enjoying ourselves the entire time, even though we were on a time crunch. Her photos are just BEAUTIFUL and you can tell she has a true passion for this craft. We were so fortunate that Melanie was available for our wedding day and within our price range! She could easily charge double based on the quality of service and photos. You will NOT regret hiring her!!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Joseph · Married on 11/11/2017

Melanie was amazing. She has the perfect energy and personality for this work and played a huge role in making sure that everything went smoothly on our wedding day. She was extremely calm and organized in executing all of our formal portraits even though we were on a time crunch. Both her and her second shooter, Tom were so accommodating and on point with everything. We couldn't be happier with the finished product and with the entire day. It was fantastic!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Susan · Married on 10/13/2017

Amazing wedding pics.. the staff was so awesome to work with... very attentive and was able to get very creative pics.

Lori · Married on 10/13/2017

The pictures taken at Christina Nagy’s wedding were absolutely stunning! Definitely captured the beauty of the wedding and bride. Would 100% reccomend.

Veronica · Married on 10/13/2017

Fantastic photos from the Nagy wedding! Creative and fun.

Guy · Married on 10/13/2017

Melanie could not have been a better choice to capture the moments of our important day. We truly could not be happier with the way our photos came out. Her artistic nature makes the images seem effortless and truly candid and her easy going nature brings a comfortable air to what can be a stressful fast paced day. She is the perfect blend of a truly gifted photographer with an amazing upbeat and fun personality making your day an unforgettable experience you will be able to cherish for a lifetime.

Sent on 11/23/2017