6910 Fayetteville Rd, Durham, NC 27713 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,200
Availability Check your date

About Megan Kerns Photography

Hi there. I’m Megan.

I’m a true North Carolina girl, born and bred. I’m an avid Sunday bruncher with an obsession for honey & southern style biscuits. In fact, I wholeheartedly believe that my love language is food. Making lists, fresh flowers and a hot cup of coffee feeds my soul. I am married to my high school sweetheart and we currently live in Durham, North Carolina. We love calling the Triangle our home, but constantly crave lazy days on the North Carolina coast and adventures in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'm also a self-proclaimed history nerd. I’m the gal that takes forever in museums to read every detail and loves learning obscure facts about why and how people came to be. To make it simple, I dig stories. I look forward to hearing your story!

Follow Megan Kerns Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Sean True Photography
bridalparty samanthaaustinwedding 9 51 912345 161038007772354

44 Reviews for Megan Kerns Photography

Adrienne H. · Getting married on 05/04/2022

New Puppy Spring Photo Session

After my husband and I recently adopted our newest pup, we knew it was time for some fresh spring pictures for the whole family! I immediately thought of Megan. We have been following her work for a few years now, and even went to a wedding last year that she shot. Needless to say, we booked her.

Not only was Megan totally professional throughout the entire process, she was SO MUCH FUN to work with! Having your picture taken isn't always comfortable - knowing where to look or how to stand - but Megan created the exact opposite experience. She laughed with us, played with our dogs, and gently guided us towards capturing the most wonderful family keepsakes.

Do yourself a favor - stop looking elsewhere and book Megan. If her photos aren't enough to sway you, meet up with her in Durham at one of her favorite local spots to grab a coffee, and I promise your decision won't take long to make.

Sent on 08/12/2020

Katherine T. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Amazing wedding photographer!

When I got engaged, the first thing my fiancé and I did was make a list of the most important things we needed to make our day perfect and decided that is where we would spend the bulk of our budget. For me, the thing I wanted to make sure was perfect was the pictures. I have always had pictures hanging in my home and love to look back at all of memories so I knew finding the right photographer was top of my list.

After having meetings with several different photographers, I finally had my preliminary call with Megan. The first thing I noticed was how diligent and organized she was! She opened the conversation talking about when sunset was and backed up the entire wedding timeline around that. My now husband and I can be more of a fly by the seat of our pants type of people and I knew we needed someone who would keep us on track. But as we continued to talk, I instantly felt like I was talking to one of my girlfriends. The first conversation lasted over an hour and I instantly knew, this is the person I wanted to be a part of our day. The photographer you choose will literally be there for your ENTIRE wedding day, following you around, so it was very important to me that we had a connection.

Fast forward to our engagement shoot. My husband and I were both really nervous. We had never taken professional pictures together and 2 hours seemed really intimidating. But she made us feel so comfortable and literally every picture we got back was better than the last. Highly recommend doing these before your big day so you're able to see how she works and helps to ease some of the nerves!

Shortly after, COVID hit. With so many unknowns in the wedding industry (and the world) it was really unnerving to continue wedding planning. We got married in October and I probably planned 5 different versions of our wedding. Some at the venue, some at our house and all completely different. Megan was so supportive and helpful navigating it all. We didn't know exactly what we would do for our wedding until 3 weeks ahead of time but she never stressed or made me feel pressured to make a decision.

Our wedding day ended up being the most magical day. 80 degrees and sunny at the end of October. Megan captured the day perfectly and made me feel amazing. She is so professional and knows how to wrangle the family members, friends and bridal party the right way to make sure she gets the best shot. One of the best things is she's so patient. My husband hit a wall after picture 759 and he gave her a 2 picture limit before he needed a break. She didn't push him on it or get offended, which of course made him feel so much more comfortable and willing to take more pictures after a quick break. I couldn't imagine a better person to capture our wedding day!

I could go on and on about how amazing my experience was- but bottom line, she is the best of the best! We love you Megan!!!

Sent on 03/08/2021

Macon C. · Married on 11/11/2020

Intentional, detail oriented, creative photographer!!!!

Megan went above and beyond to produce gorgeous photos from our engagement session, my bridal portrait session and wedding. On our wedding day, it was pouring rain and she literally stopped traffic so we could get outdoor bridal party pictures under a covered area! Megan also did not let strict church photography rules get in the way of capturing our ceremony. She made a way to capture our faces, when the church told her that she could only stand in the balcony :) It is obvious that photography is Megan's calling. She is a true artist. Her great attention to detail is so apparent in her work and in her photos. When we met her for the first time at our engagement session at some gardens, she had been at the gardens for a while walking around the gardens to find the perfect photography spots. Our photos are spectacular keepsakes that we will treasure for ever!!!!

Sent on 02/06/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Megan Kerns Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3900
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    Multi. Locations
    Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4200
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    Multi. Locations
    One Event / Day
    Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Engagement Shoot
    One Event / Day
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

• 6910 Fayetteville Rd Durham, NC, 27713 See on map
    9192180823 (Phone number)
    Location of (Megan Kerns Photography)

Megan Kerns Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Megan Kerns Photography include in the starting price?

Megan Kerns Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Multi. Locations
  • Prints

What photography services does Megan Kerns Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Megan Kerns Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Multi. Locations
  • One Event / Day
  • Prints

What photography styles does Megan Kerns Photography offer?

Megan Kerns Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Natural

What photography services does Megan Kerns Photography offer?

Megan Kerns Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Engagement Shoot
  • One Event / Day
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Megan Kerns Photography offer for wedding events?

Megan Kerns Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Digital Files

What percentage of users recommend Megan Kerns Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Megan Kerns Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.