Megan Kerns Photography Reviews

Megan Kerns Photography 7
  • Jared

Jared & Hilary Mclamb · Married on 06/15/2019

Look No Further!

Photography in our eyes is being able to capture the true essence and beauty of our most intimate and meaningful moments in life. One of these moments for us was our wedding and we entrusted Megan Kerns Photography with reminding us of each moment for the rest of our lives. As with most weddings, we were not short of stress and chaos but photography was not one of them. Our relationship with Megan started with our engagement session that was included as a part of our wedding package. Her bubbly personality, obvious talent and knowledge of the area made this session such a joy. She was able to bring the best out of us and that showed true in the quality pictures she captured. Fast forward a few months and many conversations later, our wedding was upon us. Megan and her team kept us on track all day and night. Her scheduling and punctuality ensured that we didn’t miss a moment and made our lives incredibly easy. There were so many details that were important to us and Megan didn’t miss a single one. It was as if Megan saw our venue exactly the way we did and even in ways that we couldn’t. We had our fair share of requested pictures and she managed the wedding party and families like a boss. This meant that we were able to maximize our time with family and friends as opposed to posing for pictures all evening. The moments that she captured during our reception could not have depicted it any better. There were so many qualities that made Megan the right choice for us. Her personality made her feel like our best friend. Her responsiveness and communication clearly represented her professionalism. She was able to return our pictures to us quickly and the quality of these pictures is absolutely stunning.

Sent on 09/14/2019
    Megan Kerns Photography 8
    Megan Kerns Photography 9
    Megan Kerns Photography 10
    Megan Kerns Photography 11

Caitlin · Married on 06/01/2019

The Best Wedding Photographer!

Megan did an absolutely amazing job capturing our big day!!! From the very beginning Megan was extremely responsive, personable, and knowledgeable. She answered every little question we had (and we had a lot). She has a strong attention to detail and she worked with us continuously on our timeline for the day-of to ensure that we had plenty of time and that she'd be able to capture every little moment. We even had a rain shower where we took a 15 minute break from pictures and we were still able to get all the pictures in without feeling rushed! When the pictures came back, they were even more perfect than we could have imagined. She captured every detail and is truly talented. We will cherish these pictures for the rest of our lives and are so relieved and happy that we chose Megan to capture this day! You are in great hands hiring Megan for your big day!!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Melissa Fournier · Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful photos and personality!

Working with Megan was so easy! After our very first phone call we could tell she was a great match! Her personality was so calm and efficient, both qualities we knew we’d appreciate on wedding day. Megan worked with us to customize the perfect package for our day. On wedding day Megan seamlessly organized family and friend photos to check off every photo on our list. Post-wedding she was super communicative on when we would receive photos and prints. When we received our photos we were thrilled by every beautiful image! We’re so grateful to Megan for capturing our day!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Megan Kerns Photography 12
    Megan Kerns Photography 13
    Megan Kerns Photography 14
  • Charissa

Charissa · Married on 04/27/2019

Wonderful wedding photographer!!

Megan took our wedding day photos and we could not be happier with how our photos turned out. Megan has such a lovely, easy-going and sweet personality and was SUCH a joy to work with. Neither my husband nor I are used to having our photos taken professionally, and she just made everything feel so easy. We got so many compliments throughout the day on how awesome she was, and our photos turned out absolutely breathtaking. She captured so many details of the day that I have simply loved reliving looking at our photos. To say we were happy with Megan would be an understatement. She’s the best!! Thank you for everything, Megan!

Sent on 07/23/2019

Anna · Married on 02/09/2019

Outstanding!

Megan and her beautiful photography FAR exceeded our expectations!!! Our images are truly stunning. But, perhaps even more noteworthy about Megan, is how easy she is to work with. She's professional but incredibly personable. She is willing to work with you to make your vision come to life for your photos and your wedding day. She's prompt in her communication and flexible with busy schedules when it comes to scheduling things like engagement photos or bridal portraits. We will treasure our photos for the rest of our lives as well as the gift it was to have Megan as our photographer - all along in the wedding planning process and, of course, on our special day! And - fun fact - Megan is also hilarious and many of the genuine smiles found in our engagement and wedding photos come from her making us seriously crack up!

Sent on 04/08/2019

Melissa Peedin · Married on 02/02/2019

Highly Recommend!

From the start, Megan was so easy to work with. She was highly organized and responsive. She was flexible for scheduling engagement photos and bridal portraits as well as wonderful during the wedding. She turned around each set of pictures very quickly and they all turned out amazing. As a non-photogenic couple who was nervous and awkward about the whole process, Megan guided us through, made us comfortable, and was able to capture us perfectly!

Sent on 03/17/2019
  • Y

Yancey · Married on 11/03/2018

Simply amazing!

If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding (or really any event in your life), Megan is your girl!! She is so kind, fun, very organized, and flexible!

My husband and I had never had professional photos done before, but Megan made us so comfortable in front of the camera and allowed us to be ourselves! Megan has this amazing talent of capturing all the emotions you are feeling in her photos! Looking at the beautiful photos she had done brought all these emotions back! So happy tears were flowing all over again!

We will recommend Megan to anyone and we can’t wait to continue to work with her in the future!

Sent on 01/14/2019
    Megan Kerns Photography 15
    Megan Kerns Photography 16
    Megan Kerns Photography 17
    Megan Kerns Photography 18
  • Faith

Faith Speranza · Married on 10/26/2018

Simply the best!

Megan is the total package! Professional, fun, funny, attentive, thoughtful, hardworking, detailed oriented.. I could go on forever. Oh, and her use of light is truly something special! I found out about Megan through friends and it has been so great to see how much she’s grown over the last few years! I was extremely excited to ask her to shoot my wedding and I couldn’t have been more pleased with her work from start to finish (engagement, bridals, and day of). Let me add that it rained my ENTIRE wedding day, and Megan was the ray of sunshine that got me through it without a single unhappy tear. She didn’t miss a beat and her second shooter, Sarah, was just the absolute best! I’m so happy Megan was apart of my wedding journey and I can’t thank her enough for everything she did to make my experience so excellent.

Sent on 12/20/2018

Dono · Married on 08/11/2018

Megan is absolutely amazing. We have worked with her for years now and she has really become a part of our family. From our engagement photos back in 2014 to wedding photos to christmas cards to gender reveal to maternity and newborn shoots. She has done it all! Megan is always really professional and very open to new ideas and looks brought to her. I would recommend Megan to everyone I know.

Sent on 02/08/2018
    Megan Kerns Photography 23
    Megan Kerns Photography 24
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 08/11/2018

Five stars are not enough for Megan! To start off, she takes quality time to go over every detail about what YOU see as your perfect wedding day. I even asked to include my dog in photos and she didn’t hesitate to say ‘yes!!’. She is very detailed and extremely organized. She sent Google Docs with all the items she’d need from me, from there she coordinated with all my vendors, therefore we were all on the same page. This was more helpful than she’ll ever know. I didn’t have a wedding planner, so Megan coming up with a day of timeline helped me to stay on track and to be able to communicate with my venue, bridal party and parents most effectively. On the day of Megan and her team made everyone feel comfortable, laid back and beautiful. She knew what she wanted to see and made it very easy for us to understand, even the typical awkward photos she helped us feel at ease with. I just received my photos and I am blown away. I didn’t have the most ideal outdoor space and she made every shot look stunning. Megan is professional, easy to work with, friendly and has a brilliant eye for making each shot look brilliant. I’ve had multiple people tell me the pictures they’ve seen look like they could be in a magazine. I will 100% recommend Megan to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Becky · Married on 06/23/2018

We had a wonderful experience working with Megan. She was by far my most favorite wedding vendor to work with. Staring with her flexibility. Engagement photos can be difficult in the spring months due to rain, Megan worked with us multiple times with rescheduling. Finally, we had a beautiful weekend and Megan was awesome and able to capture beautiful photos (that included our two very big dogs and some not so beautiful thorns in her ankles, I'm sorry Megan!)

She has a way of making you feel so comfortable and really makes posing and laughing easy when she photographs you.

Wedding day: Megan came in with her gameface on. She knew photos were important to me but it was going to be hot so we needed to hustle. She was organized and knew exactly what photos I wanted and we had so much fun with her, our families and bridal party.

Megan, thank you for capturing the most beautiful photos, being such a kind and hardworking photographer. Along with everything else she helped me with determining locations to shoot photos, recommendations for my timeline & a few other important things. She knows what she's doing.

Tyler and I look at our photos everyday. We also LOVE the beautiful wedding day box that you sent, such a sweet keepsake.

If you are considering booking Megan Kerns Photography you will be so happy that you did- by far the best decision of my wedding day. Thank you so much, we love you!

Sent on 09/29/2018
    Megan Kerns Photography 25
    Megan Kerns Photography 26
    Megan Kerns Photography 27

Anna · Married on 05/22/2018

Megan came to our home for a lifestyle session to photograph our newborn son. As things go with newborns, your best laid plans tend to fall through! He didn't eat well beforehand, so he was fussy during the session. Also, his skin was peeling all over his body, and no amount of lotion would fix it! On top of that, he had his first diaper blowout in the middle of the session! Megan was patient and positive through the fussiness and outfit changes. She wasn't rushed, she stayed longer than planned and identified multiple locations around our home with ideal lighting to take photos. Best of all, despite the circumstances, she miraculously made us look put together and captured beautiful photos we will treasure forever! We highly recommend Megan!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Megan Kerns Photography 34
    Megan Kerns Photography 35
    Megan Kerns Photography 36

Jen · Married on 04/28/2018

Megan was our wedding photographer and absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend her. (My husband, who didn't do any of the vendor bookings, has regularly brought up in conversation after the wedding about how awesome she was.) She was so nice, professional, hardworking, fun, and talented. She made us feel so comfortable that I felt like I was hanging out with one of my good friends. We also loved that she provided direction on how to pose because we definitely had no idea what we were doing in front of the camera and needed the instruction. She was super flexible when I kept on changing my mind about locations for the engagement shoot and worked with my crazy puppy with no problem. She also coordinated with the photographer of the other wedding that was happening the same day at my venue to make sure both couples got the photos they wanted. My wedding party couldn't stop talking about how great she was.

Finally, I was absolutely blown away when I received the photos and have received so many compliments. I can tell she took the time to make sure that every single photo was perfect. I booked Megan over a year in advance and never once felt like I had to worry or "check in", like I did with other vendors. I was confident she would do the best job (and she did!). Our photos are gorgeous and I am so happy we went with Megan!

Sent on 07/25/2018
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 04/21/2018

Simply the BEST

Megan took our one-year anniversary lifestyle session images that I will treasure forever. She truly has a way of getting you to relax in front of the camera and feel more natural. She has the kindest, most genuine heart and truly cares about each person she comes in contact with. We are so thankful to have these images in our first home together before we moved to a different state. During the session, she is extremely professional but also very approachable. She is skilled at giving posing direction so that you do not feel stiff and have lots of opportunities to laugh and have those genuine candid moments. So grateful to have been able to experience her talent as a photographer! Couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Megan Kerns Photography 37
    Megan Kerns Photography 38

Melissa · Married on 04/14/2018

Megan was hands down one of the best vendors we chose for our wedding day, and I can't recommend her enough! I knew when I selected Megan I loved her photography style, but what I didn't realize is how comfortable she would make Daniel and I feel in front of the camera. On top of everything else, she is so responsive, answers any question you may have, and really helps you outline the timeline for the day to help make it the smoothest, and best day, possible! Her genuine passion and kindness shines through every day, to the point that our wedding party thought we had known her for years. Lucky for us, we feel like we gained an amazingly talented friend AND we have the bonus of being able to remember our day through her amazing photos.

Sent on 08/03/2018
    Megan Kerns Photography 44
    Megan Kerns Photography 45
    Megan Kerns Photography 46

Liz · Married on 09/30/2017

There are no words to describe how fortunate we were to work with Megan for our wedding! After the venue, she was the first vendor we booked. She was absolutely our must-have vendor. Megan shot our engagement shoot as well as our wedding. She was timely and continuously gave us updates to her timeline. She was also very flexible and responsive to our ideas. Megan was also so accommodating with us having our puppies in our engagement shoot. Our young dogs were a little too excited during the process but not once did Megan seemed stressed or even miss a beat. For both our engagement and wedding shoot, she made sure to capture the essence of our relationship. She captured the fun, the sweet and everything in between. I would only be so lucky to work with Megan again.

Sent on 12/18/2017
    Megan Kerns Photography 47
    Megan Kerns Photography 48
    Megan Kerns Photography 49
    Megan Kerns Photography 50
    Megan Kerns Photography 51
    Megan Kerns Photography 52

Shelby · Married on 06/10/2017

I've used Megan Kerns Photography for two occasions so far. One was a Galentine's Day Girls Night event with local bloggers and the other was a partnership with Southern Weddings for my own blog. For both events, Megan was so professional, punctual, and had the photos ready by the time I needed them. The photos turned out so BEAUTIFUL and I could not recommend Megan Kerns Photography enough for any event you might have coming up around NC. She knows how to take your vision you are looking for and turn it into beautiful memories that will last a lifetime! I also have to say how flexible she is to work with your schedule. She was able to photograph an event for me last minute on a week night AND carve out time on a Sunday to take photos for me. I will definitely be using her in the future many times!!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Erin · Married on 04/22/2017

I'm so so glad we chose Megan to be our photographer! Megan was so awesome throughout the entire wedding planning experience. She first took our engagement photos and really made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. She knew how to capture us in a natural way and was so flexible when we wanted unique locations (and when one location was under construction that day!)

Prior to the wedding day she gave great planning tips and even developed a customized day-of timeline- this was SO helpful when planning our wedding day. Photos where so important to me on the wedding day and she made sure to build in plenty of time to get the perfect shots. On the wedding day she gave great guidance during shooting and made everyone in my wedding party feel so comfortable! She really captured all the little details of the day and I love her natural photography style. She really knows how to capture your personality and it never looks "posed".

We got SO MANY compliments on our photos after the wedding! We couldn't be happier with how the photos turned out, they're something we'll treasure for years to come.

Sent on 08/26/2017

Julia · Married on 03/04/2017

I was so blessed to have had Megan do my engagement pictures, bridal portrait and wedding pictures. She put my husband and family at ease throughout each set of pictures and really helped us to enjoy the experience. She is kind and thoughtful and her attention to detail is fantastic. I feel very lucky to have had her as my wedding photographer and hope to have her take pictures in the future for anniversaries, birthdays, and baby announcements down the road!!

Sent on 05/29/2017

Samantha · Married on 03/04/2017

You definitely want Megan and her talent apart of your wedding day! Truly a class act and blew my husband, myself and all of our family and friends away. I have received so many compliments on the quality AND quantity of our pictures since our wedding. In fact, a couple of my friends have even booked her for their wedding after seeing our pictures. Not only does Megan have an amazing talent, she is truly a wonderful person inside and out. She went above and beyond for our engagement pictures, my bridal portrait pictures, and for sure our wedding pictures. I can not stop looking at them! Her prices, packages, and photography skills are exactly what I was looking for and can not be beat! She captured every moment perfectly. I will definitely be using her in the future for any family photo sessions and highly recommend you book her for your next event or gathering.

Sent on 08/24/2017
  • W

Wendy · Married on 11/05/2016

We used Megan for our daughter's wedding. She was extremely professional and even went the extra mile for my daughter's bridal portraits when we had a slight snaffoo with the venue. We couldn't be more pleased with the pictures from the actual wedding. She captured every joyous moment of the entire day and we have beautiful pictures that we treasure.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Allyson · Married on 07/30/2016

Megan Kerns is absolutely amazing! She did our engagement photos as well as our wedding and we could not be happier! If there was one thing that I wanted to go right on my wedding day, it was being able to have photos to help me remember everything about our day - and she truly went above and beyond to give us everything that we wanted and more. She takes completely breathtaking photos. She is so knowledgeable of all of the intricacies involved with photography - including making us feel so comfortable in front of the camera! She is also extremely organized and made sure to go over all of the details before our engagement session and our wedding day to make sure she captured exactly what we wanted. She is always so professional and approachable. My guests commented on what an amazing job she did and I cannot wait to show off our entire collection to our families and friends! We can't wait to use her for future photography sessions!

Sent on 10/29/2016

Meredith · Married on 11/21/2015

Megan isn't just an amazing photographer, she's wonderful at making you comfortable in front of the camera! She was always willing to try a new pose or a crazy idea with us and kept us laughing the whole time :) we're already planning on using her again for Christmas cards this year!

Sent on 02/23/2016

Brianna · Married on 11/14/2015

Megan took Christmas photos of my husband and I and they were amazing! I was so happy, She was on time, brought tons of little props and was so fun and wanted our personalities to show. I have recommended her to friends and will continue to use her in the future for all of our families events!

Sent on 02/17/2016

Megan was wonderful to work with! She was extremely accommodating and professional and I will definitely be using her in the future!

Sent on 02/22/2016