249 Pearl St, Hartford, CT 06103 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Max Catering & Events

As the event services business of Richard Rosenthal's renowned Max Restaurant Group, Max Events is passionate about bringing the same warm hospitality and culinary excellence that guests of our restaurants have come to appreciate to catered affairs. Our team works together to exceed our clients’, and their guests expectations, time and time again.

37ec2d7e32a9085b rosedale at night

Max Catering & Events 6
Max Catering & Events 7

Aleksandra · Married on 09/08/2019

Amazing food

I begin this review saying I love food. I mean I really love cooking it and most importantly eating it, so there was a brief moment I thought about doing it myself, but then I came to my senses. We decided to do something a little different than the typical chicken/beef/fish plated dinner and Max’s delivered. We did the smothered and covered option. Our guests said the food was fantastic. From the beginning everything was easy, they were responsive and professional and most importantly flexible. They even brought Dr Pepper because that happens to be the grooms favorite soda. My mother (who is very tough to please) was very impressed with the staff during the event and told me so. They are on the pricier end for a caterer, but I felt like the money was the best I ever spent and the food was well worth it.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • JHNH

JHNH · Married on 06/15/2019

Absolutely perfect

We were initially reluctant to use Max for our backyard wedding catering because they were more expensive than the other caterers we considered. In the end, however, Max helped us get the price down to a point we were comfortable with, and the quality, service, professionalism, and overall excellence were ultimately worth the extra cost.

Jordanna and Amy responded immediately to our emails, accommodated every little request, offered useful opinions, and gave us a hand with all the details that backyard weddings involve. They came to our house for a walk-through before the wedding and helped us make floor plans for the tent, order rentals (through Taylor Rentals in Manchester), and think about the flow of the event. On the day of the wedding, the Max staff members brought us a platter of hors d'oeuvres, made sure we went up first to the dinner buffet, and came by every twenty minutes to make sure we were taken care of. Plus, they played with our dog and started a conga line on the dance floor! In short, every single person on the staff was kind, helpful, and professional.

And, of course, the food was amazing. One guest (who has high standards for food) described it as "the best I have ever eaten at a wedding or anywhere." There was a long line for the dim sum station during cocktail hour, and the Chop House station received lots of compliments, especially the tenderloin, salmon, and potatoes. People were even complimenting the dinner rolls. And I can't recommend the mini dessert station enough—there was a huge variety, and everything was both beautiful and delicious. My new husband and I went back for a second round of desserts.

TL;DR: If Max is within your budget, you should hire them immediately.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2018

Max could not have been a better choice for our wedding. And it was surprising! We went into the process wanting a local small business to cater, but were blown away by Max's food and professionalism. We worked with Jordanna to design a menu that was healthy and fresh - arugula salad, local cheeses and charcuterie - but not too healthy! - latkes and ice cream - and it was delicious. Our guests were raving about it!

We absolutely appreciated the professionalism that Jordanna and Amy brought to the event. There is a lot to be said for choosing to work with an operation like Max's, where you get the benefit of experience and the ability to ask them to do ANYTHING and have them deliver. It all came out in the details - we had our own server, Lori, "assigned" to us for the night to make sure we ate, local ice cream from a childhood favorite store was served, and almost everything was naturally gluten free (the bride is celiac).

Basically, we are so grateful we made the choice to go with Max. Worth it.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Max Catering & Events Pricing

Max Catering & Events Price Rates

Max Catering & Events FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 70.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 55.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 60.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 16.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 10.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Limited Bar
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, Cajun, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Liquor License, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Limited Bar, Open Bar, House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables