Nearby Vendors to Consider

About The Markows

We are a husband and wife team based out of Central NJ. We met when we were 12 years old and have been married since we were 21. We've always done everything together, and we grew into being wedding photographers together as well. Our style is a mix of photo journalism and cinematic portraits, but mostly its just us being there and ready for any possible situation so that you can relax and enjoy your day with no worries.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Albums (3)
Engagement Shoot (1)
Trash The Dress (1)
Canvas (1)

Hiring the Markows was the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding on 10/28/17. Julianne and Steve were absolute dreams to work with from the moment we contacted them about pricing. They immediately responded to all of my emails and fully answered every question I had. We hired them for 12 hours because we wanted as many pictures as we could possibly get for our wedding. Julianne & Steve were both very professional from the start to the end of the night. They both arrived early to our "getting ready" locations and left slightly before the end of the night. They took so many creative pictures over the course of the day that I truly believe makes our wedding stand out against others. They worked very well with our large bridal party and were so kind in telling my husband and I how to pose for certain shots. They were also not pushy towards our guests so that they could get a certain shot. I would recommend them with all of my heart to other couples on their wedding! The Markows are creative, kind, humble, stress-free, and such a pleasure to have with us throughout our wedding day!

Profile Picture Mary Courtney, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

The Markows were hands down the best decision we ever made for our wedding! After admiring their incredible work they had done for a previous wedding at our venue, I was already obsessed! Then talking to them sealed the deal. They are SO genuine & truly excited for your wedding, and made me feel so at ease through the entire process. Knowing my husband is less than keen on taking pictures, it was important to find someone who would be taking more candid pictures & documenting a story of our day unfolding. And they NAILED it. Julianne & Steve made us feel so comfortable the entire day, and took so many unbelievable pictures that we didn't even know they captured! Our guests commented on how great they were, and most importantly non-invaise. Somehow they managed to get the most insane pictures and we didn't even realize they were there! This is truly a gift and we will treasure these pictures for the rest of our lives. We are absolutely OBSESSED with every single picture they took and the images took us right back to our perfect wedding day. The blog post they did on our wedding was beautiful and told the story of how our day unfolded perfectly. I really could go on and on about this amazing couple- check out their work as it speaks for itself! Book them!!!!!

Profile Picture Lizzie, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter

The Markows are simply incredible. My wife and I spent a lot of time planning our perfect wedding, but when it came to choosing our photographers, we were settled in seconds. Their work speaks for itself, but what you don't see online is how fun, easy to work with, and adaptive they are. Our ceremony took place near a waterfall, and my wife and I (and our officiant) stood across the stream from the guests. The Markows had no reservations about trudging through the frigid water with us, and the photos that resulted from that were unbelievable. After the ceremony we took some of our portraits IN the waterfall, and yes, they were right there with us, soaking wet, creating amazing images that we will cherish forever. They absolutely go the extra mile to achieve the best possible results.

We have heard countless recollections from our guests about how awesome The Markows were. Everyone was amazed at how unobtrusive they were the whole time while still being able to get beautiful photos - not just of us, but of everyone at the wedding. They fit in great with our friends and family and made it easy for everyone to be in front of the camera.

What a lot of couples overlook is that you will be with your photographers ALLLL day. There are no other people we would have rather been with that day but The Markows. We were able to enjoy our wedding day to the fullest extent AND get the best photos out of it that we could have ever imagined. Working with these two is 100% the best decision we made for our wedding. You would be doing yourself an injustice to go with anyone else.

Profile Picture Garret, 5/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Trash The Dress

The Markows FAQ

Proofs
Save the Date
5 AWARDS

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Juli & Steve are simply some of the kindest, most passionate and talented photographers that I've had the pleasure of working with. Their style is very laid back, a breath of fresh air for people not wanting to be controlled throughout their entire wedding day. They work seamlessly with the other professionals and whenever I see their names as the listed photographers for the day I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that wedding is going to be a smoothly run event. They are truly some of the best in the industry and we are very thankful to call them friends. Juli and Steve should be your top choice for photography on your big day!

Julianne's photography is stunning! While I have never worked with her as a vendor, I did perform her wedding. She has a real eye for her craft. Check her out and see for yourself.

Asbury Park, NJ 07717   See On Map