Annandale, VA 22003 Map · Phone number

• Heidelberg Pastry Shoppe
  • Smallcakes Cupcakery & Creamery
  • O'real Bakery

3 Reviews for Maria Karina Cakes

As a gluten free bride I was not looking forward to wedding cake shopping as I just didn't feel like it was going to be a part of the process that I could participate in. It isn't fun watching people eat food in front of you all the time. My experience with Maria actually got me excited - when I told her of my medical condition and that I wouldn't be tasting things she told me not to be ridiculous and that I was a bride and deserved cake too. She offered me some flavor options and then I mentioned my favorite cake was apple spice cake - and she offered to make me one to taste even though it wasn't on her menu. When my husband and I went to the tasting we were both blown away. My husband had multiple cakes to try (he's so in love with the Pecan Bourbon he literally talked about it for a year and is demanding it for his birthday from here to eternity) and I was expecting to try a single apple spice cake. Maria surprised me again - she'd baked me three different cake options and told me that my experience as a bride should be just like anyone else's. It was wonderful to be treated so carefully and to bring the fun back to the food part of my wedding.

Maria was extremely knowledgeable and used quality ingredients. She even got in touch shortly before the wedding to discuss cross-contamination issues and the best way to keep my cake separate and safe so I could enjoy my wedding day without worry.

Maria's cakes are simply stunning in quality, taste and presentation. I'd recommend her to absolutely everyone I possibly could based on that alone - but the extra care she took to makes sure that I (someone with a severe food allergy with potentially dangerous reaction issues) stayed safe and had a wonderful and fun wedding experience makes her an absolute must for any event you could possibly think about having that involves cake. She was simply wonderful.

Sent on 12/08/2015

I'm a cake connoisseur and these cakes were beyond amazing! Uses the best ingredients too, no crisco or anything like that, if you are even thinking cake, then think no further, YOU NEED TO TRY THESE CAKES.

Sent on 02/16/2015

Maria made me the most beautiful (and delicious!) cake for my wedding. It easily fed over 100 people with plenty of leftovers for us to bring home. It had the top layer for our one year anniversary, and it even had special extras we asked her to put on. For example, my husband and I are huge animal lovers and she sculpted little edible paw prints to go on the cake! It looked adorable! When I asked, I was terrified it would end up looking tacky because it was such a silly request from me, but she made it look so adorable and elegant. She incorporated live flowers on the cake from our florist perfectly and did the beautiful ribbons in the icing like I'd asked. We wanted a sweeter cake so she did American Buttercream frosting and it was DELICIOUS! Also her cookies and cream inside flavor was...... heavenly. Everyone raved about the cake and it looked so beautiful. We'd use her again in a heartbeat, and for anything!

Sent on 12/17/2015

• Annandale, 22003 See on map
    Location of (Maria Karina Cakes)