Alhambra, CA 91801 Map · Phone number

About makeuphairbymalina

I am a professional hair and makeup artist specializing in weddings and special events. My priority is to make you feel comfortable and give you the perfect look for your special day.

I work freelance and come to your location but I also work in a salon in Monterey Park where brides usually come for their wedding trials, where ever is more convenient for you. I have done weddings as far as lake arrowhead, strawberry farms in Irvine, green mountain ranch in lytle creek, long beach, redondo beach and numerous of other locations so traveling is not a problem.

img0542
a3620a7d5a7159b4 1478715095948 image5
img0323

5 Reviews for makeuphairbymalina

s · Married on 10/28/2017

I booked Malina for hairstyling for a pre-wedding event, and she was great! Very communicative before the appointment, I sent her a pinterest board of what I was thinking of and she did a great job creating the style (which lasted all day!) Her personality is calm and competent, great for having around on the morning of a wedding. Would definitely recommend her hairstyling services for any weddings or special events.

Sent on 01/20/2017

Monica · Married on 12/04/2016

I've been getting my hair done and makeup done with Malina for the past 4 years for any special event I may have. It could be a birthday, wedding, etc.. she's always there on time and knows exactly what you want. I'm not a big fan of having my face all caked out but she knows exactly how I like it. I seriously recommend her to all of my friends :)

Sent on 01/25/2017
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 06/24/2016

The Grand Salon in Brea is just a great salon in general so when I called to see if someone was able to help me with my hair and make up and they matched me with Malina Mercardo I didn't know what a treat I was in for :) I had priced out many other hair and make-up stylists who did hair and make up for weddings and I was a tad nervous about the price. Malina asked for $50 for the consultation which saved me about $100 and then it was $50 each (hair and make-up) for the wedding day for total of $150. Score! I went to visit her a few months before the wedding (Feb...wedding was June) and my hair was still growing at that time but she did a helpful consultation with me of hair and make up based on what I thought I wanted for the day of..doing a quick and low updo and full make up. We met with her at the salon but instead of splitting our time the day of the wedding she said she was free to come meet us at the venue (La Mirada Golf Club) on the day of for just a $10 extra fee per service (so $20 extra for hair and makeup)...that made my day of total $120 before tip and a grad total of $170 for consultation and day of hair and make up) which was a huge saving for me. My hair and make up looked lovely! She also has such a mellow and calming presence which is what I needed the day of the wedding to help me stay mellow before all the excitement began. She also helped my sisters with their make up and my mom with her hair and we all walked away feeling so encouraged at how it turned out and grateful for her suggestions and help. My mom was skeptical that anything could be done with her hair and I honestly think she had the best hair of everyone that day since she did hers in a low updo that kept so well in the heat of the day. Mine didn't keep the curl because I did it half up/half down with a strapless dress, but the rest of the hair style looked so nice, I didn't even notice :) She's really really great and I hope if you call them you request her!

Sent on 07/08/2016

makeuphairbymalina FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides?
    $ 55.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?
    $ 45.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?
    $ 45.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 55.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 55.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 65.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 100.00
  • What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 85.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 55.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Hair
    Makeup
    Salon
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Blowouts
    Coloring
    Extensions
    Haircuts
    Keratin
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup