Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Lufru Entertainment

Lufru Entertainment LLC specializes as a premium Wedding and special event DJ Service. Based out of Ann Arbor and servicing most surrounding areas from Metro Detroit, all the way to Chicago, Lufru’s Mobile DJ Service is run and managed solely by me… Luke Frutig. I am the person you will be communicating with, as well as the one who will be your DJ, MC, and go-to guy. I love what I do, and these days I find myself feeling so blessed to be involved with music, marriage and entertainment, all while having a lot of fun with really good people!

As someone with a unique perspective on the event process and  extensive experience in music, catering, and the development of Ann Arbor’s wedding venue  Misty Farm Events, it will be my responsibility to communicate with all vendors to ensure that we are on the same page. I will be a valuable asset in creating a dynamic structure for your reception while carrying out a pleasant and seamless flow of all desired events. It is your day, and you deserve to enjoy every moment. Each celebration is different with a great variety of people and tastes.

With my confident subtle approach to the microphone, my openness to all types of music, and my respect for all people, I will make your party the best and most distinguished it can be — stress-free, enjoyable and appropriate.

Sincerely,

Consultation (10)
MC (9)
One Event Per Day (8)
Uplighting (2)

Having Luke as our DJ was the best choice we could have made! From the first meeting, we loved Luke’s vibe and knew he would be a great DJ for our wedding. He was easy to reach and was always available when we needed him. On the day of the wedding, Luke went above and beyond, making sure that everything went smoothly. We trusted Luke to read the crowd and play music that everyone could dance to, and he delivered. He played a huge variety of music that all guests were able to enjoy. We even have people asking us about him for their own wedding. If you’re thinking of using him, it should be an easy decision. Luke is the BEST!

Profile Picture Kayleigh, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I cannot speak highly enough of Luke. He was fantastic right from the start. He absolutely nailed it at the reception. Here are some of our personal highlights:

1. His website organizer is top-notch. Through a really simple drag and drop mechanic, you can plan your entire wedding down the minute. You can also listen to hundreds of songs and then select the ones you want. This can be used in two different ways: specific requests during the evening and laying out a general theme for that segment of the night. For example, we had a cocktail hour, and we selected "Rat-Pack" for Luke to play.

2. Luke is great at reading the room! Our guests ranged in ages from a few months old to 85 years old, and he got all of them on their feet and on the dance floor. He started off with some classic rock/RnB, but as the night wore on he continued to mix in more modern music. When the venue started to usher us out, we were having too much fun dancing! Probably my favorite suggestion of his though was for our dinner. We initially planned on having simple classical music on in the background. On his suggestion though, he started with classical and slowly mixed in other, more upbeat music, to help the transition to the first-dances. By the time they started, everyone was gathered around and ready to join my wife and I on the dance floor!

3. Luke is incredibly organized. On your crazy wedding day I cannot stress how valuable it is to have someone who helps you calmly walk through the evening. The week prior to the wedding he sits down with you, and both of you review the plan from his website. He confirms the order of events, songs, and pronunciation of names. Then at the wedding he is there, getting you organized and ready for presentation at the reception, and he helps usher the rest of the evening's festivities.

We absolutely loved having Luke as our DJ and would strongly recommend him to everyone!

Profile Picture Garrett, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I wish I could rate Luke more than 5 stars! He was incredible! One of the parts of the day and definitely brought the night to life at our wedding!

Profile Picture Renee, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

Lufru Entertainment Pricing