Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Lufru Entertainment

Lufru Entertainment LLC specializes as a premium Wedding and special event DJ Service. Based out of Ann Arbor and servicing most surrounding areas from Metro Detroit, all the way to Chicago, Lufru’s Mobile DJ Service is run and managed solely by me… Luke Frutig. I am the person you will be communicating with, as well as the one who will be your DJ, MC, and go-to guy. I love what I do, and these days I find myself feeling so blessed to be involved with music, marriage and entertainment, all while having a lot of fun with really good people!

As someone with a unique perspective on the event process and  extensive experience in music, catering, and the development of Ann Arbor’s wedding venue  Misty Farm Events, it will be my responsibility to communicate with all vendors to ensure that we are on the same page. I will be a valuable asset in creating a dynamic structure for your reception while carrying out a pleasant and seamless flow of all desired events. It is your day, and you deserve to enjoy every moment. Each celebration is different with a great variety of people and tastes.

With my confident subtle approach to the microphone, my openness to all types of music, and my respect for all people, I will make your party the best and most distinguished it can be — stress-free, enjoyable and appropriate.

Sincerely,

Consultation (11)
MC (10)
One Event Per Day (8)
Uplighting (2)

Luke was awesome!! His website was incredibly helpful in planning what songs to play for different parts of the wedding and organizing everything (we used him for the ceremony, announcements, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing afterward). He even helped recommend songs for a few parts of the wedding we were unsure of, and we felt he had a great sense of the kind of music we liked based on songs we shared with him and our conversations with him. Our guests had a blast, and so many commented on how great the music was during the reception! We're SO happy we hired Luke!

Profile Picture Grace, 6/9/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Luke was amazing: so easy to work with and extremely professional. He used a web application that allows you to enter all of your music selections for each part of the ceremony/dinner/dances/dance floor, etc., making it simple to plan out everything you want. With that said, we didn't get everything mapped out because we procrastinated so much, and a simple phone call with him the week of the wedding and he took care of the rest! On top of how great he was to work with before the wedding, his emcee work and song selection for dancing could not have possibly been better. The only problem we had was that he almost brought the house down from doing too good of a job: the dance floor (upstairs in a barn) felt like it was about to collapse from such a great party.

We were originally leaning towards a live band, but choosing to go with Luke was one of the best decisions we made planning for our wedding. Stress free for us and our guests had an amazing time, we highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Jay, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Luke was the DJ at our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made. We had received several recommendations so we were confident he was be great to work with, but he even exceeded our expectations! He was very professional and met with us twice prior to the wedding. His new planning app was also super helpful and easy to work in. But most importantly, the day of he was AMAZING! He did such a great job of seamlessly flowing from one song to the next to keep the party going. He set the right tone for each part of the night and even set up in 4 locations. Luke also helped us direct the guests to the different locations throughout the night. We had countless guests say that it was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding and I think a big part of that was due to Luke! The dance floor was completely packed the whole night. You can tell he is very good at reading the room and would change things up as needed. A friend who attended the wedding and is getting married in Chicago this summer even asked if Luke could do their wedding! Overall, we could not recommend him enough.

Profile Picture Amye, 5/5/18, 1 Review