Lucy's Flowers

• Elan Flowers

3 Reviews for Lucy's Flowers

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/16/2018

I want to begin this review by expressing my absolute awe at the talent, professionalism, and kindness of Lucy and her team. As many soon-to-be brides are now experiencing, searching for and finding the right wedding vendors can seem daunting. Each couple has a different vision for their wedding and want to be able to execute it in the best way possible. I have always adored the artistry behind floral arrangements and felt passionate about finding the best florist in NYC – and we did! From our first phone conversation, I knew Lucy would be the absolute right choice for our eclectic and whimsical Brooklyn wedding.

After our conversation, I sent Lucy an email with dozens of floral inspiration photos and she immediately knew what to do. On the day, I fought back tears (I had just put on mascara) when Lucy handed me my GORGEOUS bouquet full of the freshest and most beautiful flowers. The floral arrangements were stunning (some in vases for the cake table/bar and garlands full of greenery and white roses for the table centerpieces). The boutonnieres and bridesmaid bouquets were works of art on their own! Everything was more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. I definitely plan on working with Lucy and her team again and feel beyond grateful and honored to have worked with such an incredible artist.

Sent on 10/11/2018

Athullya · Married on 06/01/2018

1.6
      3.5
      3.5
      0.5

To say that I am disappointed by my experience working with Lucy would be an understatement. I decided to go with Lucy's Flowers for my small-scale wedding after having seen only ravingly positive reviews of her work and having a pleasant introductory phone- conversation with her. All the meetings we had to discuss my requirements in the months running up to the wedding went smoothly and I was charmed that I was always met with enthusiasm by Lucy; I never got any hints of her potentially abrasive behavior until the actual day of my wedding. While the flower arrangements and bouquets she provided were beautiful, well-made and definitely up to the mark set by all the positive reviews I had read, her attitude towards me that day was completely unprofessional.

With only a few hours to go before I was to walk down the aisle, I received a phone call from Lucy who promptly began to YELL at me for the simple DIY chuppah that I was having for the wedding not being set up on time. When I attempted to speak to Lucy after having confirmed with the wedding coordinator that things were moving forward as planned, she simply continued to speak rudely and accusatorially towards me, as if the delay was something I could have foreseen and averted from afar. She continued to rant about how the ‘delay’ would affect the quality of her work, not stopping to think that her yelling at me,the client, was probably going to be more detrimental to her in the future. I am surprised that she even assumed that I would have been able to remedy the problem from the hotel room where I was getting ready for the most important moment of my life!!

No bride should have to worry about a frenzied florist yelling at her hours before her wedding for something that could have been fixed by said florist doing his/her job properly; Lucy should have just used the ‘professionalism’ she is well known for to find an acceptable solution to the problem, but sadly didn't.... utterly disappointing!!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Su min · Married on 06/23/2018

0.4
      0.5

While Lucy may be able to create a nice floral arrangement, she is completely UNRELIABLE, RUDE and DOES NOT LISTEN. she almost gave me a mental breakdown on my wedding day.

I ordered one bridal bouquet and a hanging altarpiece and somehow, she managed to miss the mark on BOTH.

My bouquet was supposed to be done at 1, which she requested to be pushed back to 2 which I said I was fine with. when my friends went to pick up the bouquet a little after 2, she was STILL MAKING THEM and YELLING AT HER POOR ASSISTANTS. I was supposed to take photos with my friends with the bouquet and because of her, I lost precious time to take pictures around the neighborhood like I planned. also, I asked for a mix of white and light pink flowers and my bouquet was ALL WHITE. (by the end of the night, the bouquet was dead and it smelled like feet.)

Then, when I got to the venue, she was installing the altarpiece 6 feet above what I have asked for. It just logically did not make any sense, who puts a hanging altarpiece THAT HIGH? When I asked her to re-hang them lower before the ceremony, she said she has no time, that she can't do it, that I never told her to hang them right above us, and GAVE ME ATTITUDE. I sent her inspiration images and had a phone meeting with her AND met her in person to talk about this. I told her that the piece should HANG right above us like a wedding arch. During the meeting, she clearly did not listen, didn't take any notes even after I asked over again if she got it. Thankfully my friend stepped in and installed the piece FOR HER. if it weren't for my friend, I would have been completely upset during the wedding ceremony.

Also to top it off, while my photographer was busy taking pictures (we were in the MIDDLE of taking a group photo) she had the NERVE to INTERRUPT HIM and ask him for PHOTOS! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

SHE'S THE WORST. She's not responsible, would not own up to her mistakes, and full of herself. do not book her.

Sent on 06/24/2018

• See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Lucy's Flowers)