1632 Wisconsin Ave NW, Second Floor, Washington, DC 20007 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 7

About Lovely Bride

Specialties

As the OG indie bridal shop, established in 2010, Lovely Bride redefined the wedding dress shopping experience by being the first to stock undiscovered designers that offer the freshest bridal fashion. Original designs by ingenious designers is still our M.O. today, because we think you deserve the real deal.

Lovely Bride is the most exclusive, INCLUSIVE Bride Club. We provide an uplifting and empowering wedding dress shopping experience to all brides who are seeking to buy from a company with heart. Lovely celebrates body positivity and favors designers who offer dresses in an inclusive size range. We believe in transparency, empowerment, and women supporting women. We are a community, #ourlovelies.

We know that you will find our Lovely NYC shop in Tribeca to be a refreshing haven that always delivers a good time and the best dresses. Here are a few details about our NYC location below:

-Prices Range: $2000-$5000
-Made-to-order Lead Times: 4-6 months
-Sample Sizes: 8-12 and 14-22 (select styles)
-Designer Selection: Alexandra Grecco, Rue De Seine, Made with Love, Chosen by One Day, Lovers Society, Louvienne, Katherine Tash, Theia, Marchesa Notte, Tara Lauren, Vagabond, Anna Kara, Emmy Mae, Studio Levana
-By Appointment Only

History

Established in 2010.

We opened Lovely Bride as a haven for brides who wanted a wedding dress shopping experience that felt fun and laid-back, while showcasing the coolest indie designers that weren't so 'available'. Fashion industry veteran, Lanie List, had experience building lifestyle brands, so she set out to create that Lovely Life, with Instagram-worthy shops, a blog about wedding fashion, and a loyal following of brides and brand fans we call #ourlovelies. Word spread about the new way we were doing bridal, which brought us a lot of attention, including love from smart women around the country who wanted a Lovely in their town. So Lanie decided to franchise Lovely, since she loved the idea of helping women get into business. Today, Lovely is a collective of 18 individually-owned bridal shops, run by entrepreneurial, hardworking women who care deeply about offering a personalized and locally-focused experience. By shopping at Lovely, you shop local, independent and women-owned. Good on you!

• The Dessy Group
rue de seine lovely bridal 72 51 207788 1556648377

140 Reviews for Lovely Bride

• Lauren

Lauren Borghard · Getting married on 10/23/2021

Stress-free and Excellent Experience!

wonderful and stress-free experience at Lovely Bride. The process begins before your day trying on gowns. I made a wish-list of dresses I like from the website, then a week later I had a phone call with my consultant to talk through the gowns, my wedding vision, my body type, ect. I arrived at Lovely Bride for my appointment and my consultant had strategically picked the order of my gowns based on our conversations. I only tried on 5 dresses, which I credit to my consultant being great at her job and the conversations we had before I arrived. I loved the whole process, and thought the pre-try on process made the actual try on day go extremely smooth. Big shout out to Lindsay for being so wonderful to work with, super helpful and making the day be stress free!

PS he store made my mother and I feel very safe with their COVID protocol (masks on, limited appointments, wash hands upon arrival, ect).

Sent on 07/28/2020
  • Brooke

Brooke Nelson · Married on 10/17/2020

Easy and Professional

I loved my dress! The experience I had (both the initial and follow up with my bridal party) was perfect. I would absolutely recommend going here, ESPECIALLY if you don’t know what you’re looking for (I didn’t!)

Sent on 11/08/2020
  • Maureen

Maureen Stewart · Married on 10/11/2020

Outstanding!

We absolutely loved Lovely Bride ! My daughter found the perfect wedding dress & Julia was just wonderful! She helped my daughter find the most breathtakingly beautiful dress - she knew exactly what would compliment her shape & was soo gifted . ❤️ Outstanding service. We highly recommend it & definitely request Julia !

Sent on 02/23/2020

Lovely Bride FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $2,500 - $3,999
    $4,000 - $6,499
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Appointments Only
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Hair Accessories
    Jewelry
    Plus Size Gowns
    Sample Gowns
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Seasonally
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales