Jackson, MI 49203 Map · Phone number

About Little Blue Bird Photography

Hi! We are Gabe and Kendra - a relaxed husband and wife alternative wedding photography team. (Nice to meet you.) Our goal is to tell your story documentary style with unique evocative photos. We are flexible, easy-going, and are up for anything! Our photography is intimate, personal, very detail-oriented and creative. We like to use natural light to create beautiful, sometimes dramatic images. Don't worry - this does not mean we can't work in the dark - using a flash and making that look like natural light is something we are very comfortable doing. ;)

We love to provide couples with an easy, comfortable, and personal service - don't worry, we don't bite. :) If you are interested in our services, we'd love to chat! Send us an email, give us a call, stalk us on Facebook! We'd love to hear from you - and we'd love to discuss if we'd be a good fit. :) So, drop us a line, and tell us all about your wedding planning! (I hope you are enjoying it as much as I did!)

We like to have fun, and we aren't afraid to get dirty! What's that mean? Our favorite, favorite shoots are outdoors in nature. Take us on a hike, in the wild, in the trees - and we'll bring the cameras! Let's have an adventure! We swoon over super wide angle outdoor shots that show the grand vastness of nature in contrast to a couple. (I feel like it says "How grand and vast is our love!?")

Worried about posing or looking like a dork in your photos? We are very comfortable posing you and positioning you and have lots of experience in this area. (Don't worry - I often tell my couples, "The more awkward you feel, the better!" Seriously, if you are laughing because being photographed while you are kissing is the weirdest thing ever - I am thinking, "YES. Natural, happy kissing photo."

We are based in Jackson, Michigan but are interested in travel.

Did I mention we offer a free engagement shoot? Well, we do.

Follow Little Blue Bird Photography on

10 Reviews for Little Blue Bird Photography

Little Blue Bird Photography 1
Little Blue Bird Photography 2

Katie · Married on 07/15/2017

Kendra and Gabe are just the best! My husband and I had the opportunity to work with Kendra multiple times leading up to our wedding and she and her husband have become friends of ours. I fell in love with Kendra’s unique and artistic style and we couldn’t be happier with our photos. She is an amazing photographer and has such creative ideas for poses, backdrops, and using the natural light to create stunning pictures. She has an incredible eye for detail and the ability to turn something that may seem ordinary into a gorgeous shot. Her turnaround time is fast and you will get a TON of pictures. I would highly recommend splurging on a photo book. It would have taken me weeks to do one myself and having a professionally designed one is definitely worth it. Kendra and Gabe are so easy and fun to work with. My husband and I are so glad we chose them to shoot our engagement and wedding photos, and we can’t recommend Little Blue Bird Photography enough!!

Sent on 10/21/2017
    Little Blue Bird Photography 3
    Little Blue Bird Photography 4

Stephanie · Married on 03/18/2017

We chose Kendra and Little Blue Bird Photography to do our engagement and wedding photos, because I could not get enough of Kendra's website. I absolutely loved her artistic style, and saw that she captured a lot of little candid details and moments that most photographers just don't.

I wish I had 100 stars to give Kendra because I would. She was the absolute best photographer we could have asked for. She found a way to capture both the love and fun/goofiness of mine and my husband's relationship, revealing authenticity behind the photos that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.

Kendra truly has an artistic eye and unmatched talent for photography. The photos we got back are just amazing. They capture these moments and small little details that only a true artist would have focused on. Our wedding reception was in a dimly lit ballroom and all other photos from previous weddings that have been taken in this ballroom have been, okay. I don't know what sorcery Kendra did, but the photos she took made the ballroom look straight out of Beauty and the Beast. I was blown away when I first saw the photos. EVERYBODY who has seen them have been blown away by her immense talent, and her attention to detail.

Kendra captured some very special moments modestly and beautifully. My husband and I keep joking that we didn't even know she was there for a lot of the close, personal and intimate shots. She directed us perfectly on our wedding day, instead of trying to force us into what she wanted, she let us take our little moments together and found ways to capture them and make them absolutely beautiful.

Kendra was an amazing wedding photographer and I hope to keep her in my life to photograph our family down the road. I will never use another photographer if I don't have to. Kendra's work is truly truly truly amazing and we literally could not be happier with our wedding and engagement photos.

Sent on 04/04/2017

G · Married on 09/17/2016

THE ABSOLUTE BEST OF THE BEST

I hired Kendra at the recommendation of another bride who was working with her. I started looking for photographers about a year out from my wedding and had a really hard time finding an affordable alternative wedding photographer. I do not enjoy 'staged' photos, and I loved her style. After a quick call, I booked her instantly.

From the moment we met at our engagement session I knew that we had found the best photographer out there. Kendra's perspective is so unique and you can tell how much she loves her job. As an added bonus, her husband Gabe (who is equally talented) comes along as a second photographer. When I got my engagement photos back, I cried with happiness. I don't often get photos taken and these were so important to me, they exceeded all of my expectations.

Leading up to the wedding, Kendra was so great about getting back to me to discuss my vision for the big day. She puts so much time and effort into your relationship. On the day of the wedding, I was most excited to work with her as I knew she would not let me down.

I've only seen a small preview of our photos so far but I have to say, she has put together some of the most beautiful shots that I will cherish forever. If we lived closer, I think Kendra and I would be fast friends. I have recommended her to ALL of my friends, sometimes they ask for her information before I even have the chance to share.

If you are lucky enough to book Kendra and Little Blue Bird, you will not be disappointed. Photography is one of the biggest investments you will make the day of your wedding and Kendra and Gabe are the best of the best.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Little Blue Bird Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,550.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 2,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Digital Files, Proofs
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

• Jackson, MI, 49203 See on map