Lesley's Creative Cakes, Flowers & Catering

Mesa, AZ View map

It started in 2009. I was presented with the challenge of planning and executing a wedding in less than 10 days. I had always loved the thrill of taking on new challenges. The event went so smoothly that by the end of the night, I looked to the other servers and said, "I guess my New Years resolution is to open a catering business!" Word of mouth spread fast, and the calls started pouring in. The opening of my business happened to coincide with the economic downturn. This presented me with the added challenge of meeting my clients' high expectations with their modest budget requirements. My thought was some orders would be better than no orders. If I used one cake to feed between 100-150 guests, that would be advertising in itself, and eventually I would get more clients.

Since we had left a sweet taste in their mouth, we quickly went from a home-based business to a shared kitchen. In six short months, we outgrew that space as well. With a still sluggish economy, banks were being more than conservative with small business loans. Piece by piece, my small business was built from Craigslist. While closing businesses were going out and unloading all their equipment, I was scouring the Valley to get the next best deal. I would barter with people, explaining that if they could lower the price even more, I would make them or their family a cake in return. My first commercial oven was purchased from a Craigslist ad. It turns out that it was the first paying customer I ever had. I had done a wedding cake for them 10 years prior.

It was 2010, and we created a cake for the Barros family. They mentioned a location on Baseline Rd. that they had outgrown. There was still a year and a half lease on the building that we could fulfill. At the time, we did not want to risk moving in and the property management company upping the rental amount. Our very tight budget meant we needed low rent at a locked in rate. I started contacting the property management company. It was a run down, dark, and dirty pizza place with no character. I made several attempts to lower their price, however they were not budging. Finally, I called again in January of 2012, and once again asked what they wanted for the old pizza joint. They asked what my intent was with the building. After explaining my intent was to open a bakery, he asked when I was going to stop calling. The response was simple,"Once you lower the rent and help a small business owner out, I'll stop calling." This location had so much potential; if he would just give me a chance to prove that I can make it work. After months of scrubbing and reorganizing, I finally opened Lesley's Creative Cakes, Flowers, and Catering. Since then, we have been making desserts for many wonderful people all over the Valley.

$4.00

What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)?

$6.00

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$3.00

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Set Up
Tastings - Open House

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cake Pops
Dessert Buffet
Fruit
Groom's Cake
Pastries

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Open House
Tastings - Private

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Nut Free

What special ingredients do you use?

Fresh Fruit

Are you licensed by the state health department?

4.7

• Natalie
    Natalie K. Married on 05/23/2020

Wonderful gluten free wedding cake!

I ordered a gluten free carrot cake with buttercream frosting for my wedding and it was so delicious! The cake was so beautiful, I didn’t want to eat it .. but glad I did because it tasted so good! Couldn’t tell it was a gluten free cake!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie H. Married on 09/15/2019

Delicious, beautiful, affordable!

We loved our wedding cake from Lesley’s Creative Cakes! Working with them was easy, affordable, and delicious. They really made our vision come to life. The process included great practical and aesthetic suggestions. We highly recommend them for your event!
    Tiffany Married on 01/20/2019

Wonderful and yummy

Lesley was great to work with and her many many cake flavors are to die for. My cake turned out beautiful and delicious.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

12 photos · 01/23/2020
  • Matt & Hannah
    14 photos · 05/06/2018

KDP Events KDP Events Wedding Planners

You will love your cake! Enough said! Lesley is professional and her work is amazing. I know that brides and their guests will be delighted with their cakes when Lesley is part of my team.

Dream Vacations – Karen Coleman-Ostrov & Associates Dream Vacations – Karen Coleman-Ostrov & Associates Travel Agents

I highly recommend Lesley's Creative Cakes for all your catering, rental, and wedding cake needs. Lesley's cakes are some of the best I've ever tasted that are also very beautiful and creative. For those who need gluten-free cakes, Lesley's can provide them - and they taste fantastic. I've ordered fresh flowers from Lesley's as well as cake treats for my open houses and special events. Everything is always done well, on time, and is a hit with all my customers.

Micah Carling Photography Micah Carling Photography Wedding Photographers

Creative, fun, elegant styles. Always delivered on time and goes the extra mile to make it perfect for your event!

1235 S Gilbert Rd #26 Mesa, 85204

By appointment only!
Location of (Lesley's Creative Cakes, Flowers & Catering)

Other vendors in Phoenix for your wedding