Leise Jones Photography

Roslindale, MA View map
$3,500 Most Popular Price

$3,500 Most Popular Price

*Please visit my website for a full menu of wedding pricing!*

Since 2009, I've been helping couples who are planning super-fun wedding celebrations get the beautiful photos they want by encouraging them to just be themselves, have fun, and focus on each other. I also support couples as they work hard to counter the pervasive white, straight, cis-gendered wedding culture that perpetuates gender stereotypes and harmful expectations for people getting married.

Clients have described me as an excellent coach; honest, caring, professional and unobtrusive. I have received the Couples’ Choice Award from The Wedding Wire every year since 2015 and have unanimous five star reviews ***** on both The Wedding Wire and Yelp. I am a member of the Professional Photographers of America, have a B.A. from Mount Holyoke College, and a Certificate in Professional Photography from the New England School of Photography. I live in the Roslindale neighborhood of Boston with my amazing wife, hilarious twins, and lazy housecats. I love Boston, and I travel throughout New England to work with my awesome clients. I can't wait to hear from you to get started making beautiful and authentic photographs.

My approach to wedding photography: an emphasis on authenticity mixed with a healthy amount of skepticism.

Two things are important to me in wedding photography: Authenticity and Skepticism.

First, authenticity.

I really want you to relax and be yourself, so that you can just…laugh. Or cry. Or smirk. Or check yourself out in the mirror. Or just close your eyes and take it all in. I want you to enjoy the moments in front of you, not worry about things happening behind the scenes. I want you to feel comfortable and confident, not overly worried about how you look. I want you to almost forget that you’re being photographed, so that the real, joyful you can shine through. I help couples get the photos they want by encouraging them to be themselves, have fun, and focus on each other.

Of course that is easier said than done. Most people aren’t automatically comfortable and authentic in front of the camera and most couples aren’t automatically relaxed on their wedding day when surrounded by hundreds of family members and guests.

I totally get it! And yet I truly believe that when you are comfortable in front of the camera, beautiful, authentic photos will be the result.

To help, I have developed a highly personalized and collaborative approach to wedding and portrait photography. We get to know each other. We talk about what kinds of photos you’re looking for, what photos you want to look back on in ten years, and what photos you’re most excited about. We make lists and timelines and Pinterest boards. My goal is to not only be your photographer, but also your teammate. I've been known to bustle dresses, pin on boutonnieres, and even sew on a lost button. I do what it takes to support you through the experience of being photographed so that the resulting photos are effortless, beautiful gorgeous, and most importantly, authentic.

Second, skepticism.

I maintain a healthy skepticism of the Wedding Industrial Complex that wants you to be skinnier, richer and more beautiful; that wants you to fit better into the gender binary; that force feeds you the misguided notion that your wedding must be "The Best Day of Your Life;" and that insists all weddings must be equal parts beautiful, romantic, and perfect if they are to lead to successful marriages. I don't perpetuate any of those myths in talk or in action. Instead I look for real joyful moments, I encourage genuine interactions, and I insist that couples blaze their own path in planning their wedding celebration. No cookie-cutter photos, here. No reenactments of dramatic moments for the camera's sake and definitely no taking you out of your celebration to stage an overly posed and dramatically lit version of reality.

These two words, authenticity and skepticism, lead me to always remind couples, “Just be yourself, and I’ll do the rest.”

Please get in touch today so we can get started making beautiful and authentic wedding photos that reflect YOU.

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$2,000

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

High-Res Images
Proofs

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$3,500

High-Res Images
Proofs

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Second Shooter

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Canvas
Flush Mount
Matted Prints
Prints

Jay C. Married on 08/06/2021

Exceptional wedding photographer

Hiring Leise to photograph our wedding day was one of the best choices we made. From the first call we had with her she put us at ease and made us feel so comfortable like we had known her for years. Her "Get to Know You" session was so helpful both for her to get to know us and for us to get excited about being photographed, which usually makes both of us uncomfortable. On the wedding day Leise was always there to capture all the special moments and was right there when we wanted to get a picture with someone, but she was also able to blend in to capture candid moments. She turned around our photos much more quickly than we expected and we cannot wait to order an album and prints.
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 10/10/2020

All around fantastic

Leise was the perfect photographer! Her photos captured all of the special moments of our day and more, and her calm, easygoing nature made us feel really comfortable and natural in front of her camera. She easily rolled with all of the photo ideas we had and any last changes throughout the day, and her final photos came out quickly and beautifully.

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks for these lovely words, Hannah! It was so special to be part of your wedding. There is a photo of you two standing under the chuppah, with the sunlight streaming behind you, that is one of my all-time favorites!
    Meghan M. Married on 09/11/2020

Absolutely wonderful!

Leise Jones did the photography for my September wedding.
    Leise is an incredibly talented photographer and a wonderful person who is passionate about her work. She captured all our memorable moments. The whole wedding experience goes by so fast and I am grateful to have such amazing photographs of my husband and I, as well as, my family and friends to remember it by.
    I would highly recommend Leise Jones Photography!

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks, Meghan! I will say that your wedding is the only one I have ever been to that featured a dunk tank! That - and the fact that you and your families wonderful - made the photos extra fun for me.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

43 photos · 10/26/2019

Deals

Leise Jones Photography 1
Gift

Every couple who hires Leise Jones Photography as their wedding photographer receives a one hour Get-to-Know-You Portrait Session in Boston's Arnold Arboretum. This is a great chance to focus on your sweetheart, make beautiful photos, and get to know me before the big day.

Pricing

Floral Notes Floral Notes Wedding Florists

It was a pleasure to meet Leise when we were working on the same October wedding. She was incredibly nice. As I had to wait after the initial set-up to move flowers during the room flip, I could watch her do the first look and traditional family shots. The final results were wonderful and took advantage of the gorgeous skyline and architecture around the venue. She even had a section at the end of that wedding's photo gallery with just flowers and other vendor related pictures. I know the bride was really happy with her as well. I hope we run into each other again!

Inked Events Inked Events Wedding Planners

We've had the pleasure of working with Leise Jones Photography on a few projects and weddings and she is an absolute pleasure. Her attention to the details are amazing and her fun personality will just make you smile. Her pictures are absolutely stunning!

Danielle's Makeup Creations Danielle's Makeup Creations Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have worked with Leise on many weddings and other events and she is a fantastic photographer. She makes sure all of your precious moments are captured. You will love working with her!

20 Belgrade Avenue Suite 7, Suite 7 Roslindale, MA, 02131

Tuesday-Saturday 9:30am-6:30pm
Location of (Leise Jones Photography)

Leise Jones Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Leise Jones Photography include in the starting price?

Leise Jones Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • High-Res Images
  • Proofs

What photography services does Leise Jones Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Leise Jones Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • High-Res Images
  • Proofs

What photography styles does Leise Jones Photography offer?

Leise Jones Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Leise Jones Photography offer?

Leise Jones Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter

What photography materials does Leise Jones Photography offer for wedding events?

Leise Jones Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs

What percentage of users recommend Leise Jones Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Leise Jones Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does Leise Jones Photography offer?

Leise Jones Photography currently offers 1 gift promotion for wedding services.

Other vendors in Boston for your wedding