Leise Jones Photography

20 Belgrade Avenue Suite 7, Roslindale, MA 02131 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Most Popular Price $3,500
Availability Check your date
  • Photos & Videos 94
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About Leise Jones Photography

Since 2009, I've been helping couples who are planning super-fun wedding celebrations get the beautiful photos they want by encouraging them to just be themselves, have fun, and focus on each other. I also support couples as they work hard to counter the pervasive white, straight, cis-gendered wedding culture that perpetuates gender stereotypes and harmful expectations for people getting married.

Clients have described me as an excellent coach; honest, caring, professional and unobtrusive. I have received the Couples’ Choice Award from The Wedding Wire every year since 2015 and have unanimous five star reviews ***** on both The Wedding Wire and Yelp. I am a member of the Professional Photographers of America, have a B.A. from Mount Holyoke College, and a Certificate in Professional Photography from the New England School of Photography. I live in the Roslindale neighborhood of Boston with my amazing wife, hilarious twins, and lazy housecats. I love Boston, and I travel throughout New England to work with my awesome clients. I can't wait to hear from you to get started making beautiful and authentic photographs.

My approach to wedding photography: an emphasis on authenticity mixed with a healthy amount of skepticism.

Two things are important to me in wedding photography: Authenticity and Skepticism.

First, authenticity.

I really want you to relax and be yourself, so that you can just…laugh. Or cry. Or smirk. Or check yourself out in the mirror. Or just close your eyes and take it all in. I want you to enjoy the moments in front of you, not worry about things happening behind the scenes. I want you to feel comfortable and confident, not overly worried about how you look. I want you to almost forget that you’re being photographed, so that the real, joyful you can shine through. I help couples get the photos they want by encouraging them to be themselves, have fun, and focus on each other.

Of course that is easier said than done. Most people aren’t automatically comfortable and authentic in front of the camera and most couples aren’t automatically relaxed on their wedding day when surrounded by hundreds of family members and guests.

I totally get it! And yet I truly believe that when you are comfortable in front of the camera, beautiful, authentic photos will be the result.

To help, I have developed a highly personalized and collaborative approach to wedding and portrait photography. We get to know each other. We talk about what kinds of photos you’re looking for, what photos you want to look back on in ten years, and what photos you’re most excited about. We make lists and timelines and Pinterest boards. My goal is to not only be your photographer, but also your teammate. I've been known to bustle dresses, pin on boutonnieres, and even sew on a lost button. I do what it takes to support you through the experience of being photographed so that the resulting photos are effortless, beautiful gorgeous, and most importantly, authentic.

Second, skepticism.

I maintain a healthy skepticism of the Wedding Industrial Complex that wants you to be skinnier, richer and more beautiful; that wants you to fit better into the gender binary; that force feeds you the misguided notion that your wedding must be "The Best Day of Your Life;" and that insists all weddings must be equal parts beautiful, romantic, and perfect if they are to lead to successful marriages. I don't perpetuate any of those myths in talk or in action. Instead I look for real joyful moments, I encourage genuine interactions, and I insist that couples blaze their own path in planning their wedding celebration. No cookie-cutter photos, here. No reenactments of dramatic moments for the camera's sake and definitely no taking you out of your celebration to stage an overly posed and dramatically lit version of reality.

These two words, authenticity and skepticism, lead me to always remind couples, “Just be yourself, and I’ll do the rest.”

Please get in touch today so we can get started making beautiful and authentic wedding photos that reflect YOU.

Follow Leise Jones Photography on

Videos 1 vídeo

50 Reviews for Leise Jones Photography

• Emily

Emily Seaman · Married on 09/12/2019

Still getting compliments about Leise! :)

We are SO HAPPY that we booked Leise as our wedding photographer! She is so welcoming, thoughtful, flexible, and supportive. From our very first meeting she helped us feel comfortable and relaxed, while also walking us through lots of details and questions (which is not an easy thing to do!). She is extremely knowledgeable and helped us think through not only our photography schedule, but also the schedule of our event itself! Since we didn't have a wedding planner, her expertise had a huge impact on our ability to put together an event that ran smoothly. Leise was very flexible and worked with us to find a photography package that fit our budget and goals. Her photos are wonderful and immortalize so many lovely moments that I would have missed or forgotten without her there to capture everything for us. Leise is such a pro and anticipated so many of our questions, needs, and things we didn't even know to think about! We continue to get compliments from both our families about how great she was to work with :) We absolutely will recommend Leise to anyone else looking for a wedding photographer in the Boston area. She's fantastic!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks, Emily! This is such a nice review and I really appreciate it. Your wedding was so fun and laid-back and really represented YOU, which I loved to see. It was an honor for me to be there!!
  • Alexa

Alexa Shola · Married on 08/30/2019

Leise Jones is YOUR Photgrapher

I don't even know where to begin to describe how amazing, kind, and talented Leise is. If you want a photographer that will support you, guide you, be extremely accessible, and take breathtaking, REAL photos - then Leise is your girl! From the very beginning Leise was there to support my husband and I, and not just from a photography standpoint. She helped us learn about what to expect in the general process leading up to the day and of course, what to expect the day of. Obviously, we had no clue what we were doing or what to expect, but Leise was there to keep us calm and put things into perspective to help us make any decisions. We had Leise do our "Get To Know You" photos, which are essentially engagement photos, but she names it differently because she uses this as an opportunity to truly get to know the couple she is working with. We were relaxed the whole time and she let us BE US. My husband and I knew right away that Leise was special because of her approach, high level of expertise, and her portfolio of work. For our wedding day, we relied on Leise heavily, and boy did she step up! We also had a second photographer, Danielle, who was simply wonderful and fun to work with. Leise just knew what to do, what to say, and where to be - and she worked with my other vendors extremely well. Many of our guests were raving about her, especially because she took the time to learn everyone's names and special needs/accommodations - now that's a photographer who TRULY cares. Her photos speak for themselves, but Leise had our backs from the very beginning we signed our contract with her. Her dedication, honesty, and personality are a huge part of what makes her the amazing photographer that she is. BOOK HER!!! I promise you not only will your photos be the photos that you always dreamed of having to look back on your wedding day, but you will have a photographer that will go above and beyond for you on the most important day of your life.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Wow, Alexa, thank you for this amazing review! We loved working with you and Joe and your incredible families! Thank YOU!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Leise Jones Photography Pricing

Leise Jones Photography Price Rates

Leise Jones Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2000
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    High-Res Images
    Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3500
    High-Res Images
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Leise Jones Photography 1
    Complimentary Engagement Session

Every couple who hires Leise Jones Photography as their wedding photographer receives a one hour Get-to-Know-You Portrait Session in Boston's Arnold Arboretum. This is a great chance to focus on your sweetheart, make beautiful photos, and get to know me before the big day.

• Floral Notes Wedding Florists

It was a pleasure to meet Leise when we were working on the same October wedding. She was incredibly nice. As I had to wait after the initial set-up to move flowers during the room flip, I could watch her do the first look and traditional family shots. The final results were wonderful and took advantage of the gorgeous skyline and architecture around the venue. She even had a section at the end of that wedding's photo gallery with just flowers and other vendor related pictures. I know the bride was really happy with her as well. I hope we run into each other again!

• Inked Events Wedding Planners

We've had the pleasure of working with Leise Jones Photography on a few projects and weddings and she is an absolute pleasure. Her attention to the details are amazing and her fun personality will just make you smile. Her pictures are absolutely stunning!

• Danielle's Makeup Creations Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have worked with Leise on many weddings and other events and she is a fantastic photographer. She makes sure all of your precious moments are captured. You will love working with her!

• 20 Belgrade Avenue Suite 7, Suite 7 Roslindale, MA, 02131 See on map
    617-744-7187 (Phone number)
    Tuesday-Saturday 9:30am-6:30pm
    Location of (Leise Jones Photography)