20 Belgrade Avenue Suite 7, Roslindale, MA 02131 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 1

About Leise Jones Photography

*Please visit my website for a full menu of wedding pricing!*

Since 2009, I've been helping couples who are planning super-fun wedding celebrations get the beautiful photos they want by encouraging them to just be themselves, have fun, and focus on each other. I also support couples as they work hard to counter the pervasive white, straight, cis-gendered wedding culture that perpetuates gender stereotypes and harmful expectations for people getting married.

Clients have described me as an excellent coach; honest, caring, professional and unobtrusive. I have received the Couples’ Choice Award from The Wedding Wire every year since 2015 and have unanimous five star reviews ***** on both The Wedding Wire and Yelp. I am a member of the Professional Photographers of America, have a B.A. from Mount Holyoke College, and a Certificate in Professional Photography from the New England School of Photography. I live in the Roslindale neighborhood of Boston with my amazing wife, hilarious twins, and lazy housecats. I love Boston, and I travel throughout New England to work with my awesome clients. I can't wait to hear from you to get started making beautiful and authentic photographs.

My approach to wedding photography: an emphasis on authenticity mixed with a healthy amount of skepticism.

Two things are important to me in wedding photography: Authenticity and Skepticism.

First, authenticity.

I really want you to relax and be yourself, so that you can just…laugh. Or cry. Or smirk. Or check yourself out in the mirror. Or just close your eyes and take it all in. I want you to enjoy the moments in front of you, not worry about things happening behind the scenes. I want you to feel comfortable and confident, not overly worried about how you look. I want you to almost forget that you’re being photographed, so that the real, joyful you can shine through. I help couples get the photos they want by encouraging them to be themselves, have fun, and focus on each other.

Of course that is easier said than done. Most people aren’t automatically comfortable and authentic in front of the camera and most couples aren’t automatically relaxed on their wedding day when surrounded by hundreds of family members and guests.

I totally get it! And yet I truly believe that when you are comfortable in front of the camera, beautiful, authentic photos will be the result.

To help, I have developed a highly personalized and collaborative approach to wedding and portrait photography. We get to know each other. We talk about what kinds of photos you’re looking for, what photos you want to look back on in ten years, and what photos you’re most excited about. We make lists and timelines and Pinterest boards. My goal is to not only be your photographer, but also your teammate. I've been known to bustle dresses, pin on boutonnieres, and even sew on a lost button. I do what it takes to support you through the experience of being photographed so that the resulting photos are effortless, beautiful gorgeous, and most importantly, authentic.

Second, skepticism.

I maintain a healthy skepticism of the Wedding Industrial Complex that wants you to be skinnier, richer and more beautiful; that wants you to fit better into the gender binary; that force feeds you the misguided notion that your wedding must be "The Best Day of Your Life;" and that insists all weddings must be equal parts beautiful, romantic, and perfect if they are to lead to successful marriages. I don't perpetuate any of those myths in talk or in action. Instead I look for real joyful moments, I encourage genuine interactions, and I insist that couples blaze their own path in planning their wedding celebration. No cookie-cutter photos, here. No reenactments of dramatic moments for the camera's sake and definitely no taking you out of your celebration to stage an overly posed and dramatically lit version of reality.

These two words, authenticity and skepticism, lead me to always remind couples, “Just be yourself, and I’ll do the rest.”

Please get in touch today so we can get started making beautiful and authentic wedding photos that reflect YOU.

• Woman-owned
Follow Leise Jones Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Phil Fox Photography

53 Reviews for Leise Jones Photography

• Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/10/2020

All around fantastic

Leise was the perfect photographer! Her photos captured all of the special moments of our day and more, and her calm, easygoing nature made us feel really comfortable and natural in front of her camera. She easily rolled with all of the photo ideas we had and any last changes throughout the day, and her final photos came out quickly and beautifully.

Sent on 01/31/2021

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks for these lovely words, Hannah! It was so special to be part of your wedding. There is a photo of you two standing under the chuppah, with the sunlight streaming behind you, that is one of my all-time favorites!

Meghan M. · Married on 09/11/2020

Absolutely wonderful!

Leise Jones did the photography for my September wedding.
    Leise is an incredibly talented photographer and a wonderful person who is passionate about her work. She captured all our memorable moments. The whole wedding experience goes by so fast and I am grateful to have such amazing photographs of my husband and I, as well as, my family and friends to remember it by.
    I would highly recommend Leise Jones Photography!

Sent on 10/17/2020

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks, Meghan! I will say that your wedding is the only one I have ever been to that featured a dunk tank! That - and the fact that you and your families wonderful - made the photos extra fun for me.
  • masonjarla

A · Married on 03/22/2020

Accommodating Photographer and Incredible Photos

Leise is incredible!!! She took amazing photos of our wedding, got them back to us very quickly, and was extremely easy to work with.

Due to COVID, we had a small backyard wedding with a lot of precautions. We asked Leise not to take photos of us getting dressed, to keep a distance from us and our guests, and to wear a mask the whole time. Leise was more than willing to accommodate everything we asked without trying to pressure us into anything we weren’t comfortable with. She was also very open with what potential exposures she and her family have in day-to-day life.

At the wedding itself, Leise seemingly made herself invisible, although we saw afterward in the pictures she had been all over the place, capturing every moment beautifully. When our schedule slipped, Leise stayed for extra time to make sure she took our portraits and captured the Hora and Toasts.

Leise emailed us with a few initial photos 4 days later, and 17 days after the wedding she emailed us the full album. We have rights to do anything we like with them (print them, post them on social media, etc.). In addition to all the shots of us looking pretty and our guests looking like they are having fun, she captured some really neat action shots of our flower girl in mid-petal drop and of our guests putting the top on our Chuppah.

We can't recommend her more.

Sent on 01/11/2021

Leise Jones Photography's reply:

Thanks for this wonderful review! I loved being at your wedding. Even though it was a small Covid wedding, there was so much joy and happiness and love, that it FELT huge! I think a lot of the photos reflect that, too. It was a pleasure being there!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Leise Jones Photography Pricing

Leise Jones Photography Price Rates

Leise Jones Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2000
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    High-Res Images
    Proofs
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3500
    High-Res Images
    Proofs
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums

2 Real Weddings

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Leise Jones Photography 1
    Complimentary Engagement Session

Every couple who hires Leise Jones Photography as their wedding photographer receives a one hour Get-to-Know-You Portrait Session in Boston's Arnold Arboretum. This is a great chance to focus on your sweetheart, make beautiful photos, and get to know me before the big day.

• Floral Notes Wedding Florists

It was a pleasure to meet Leise when we were working on the same October wedding. She was incredibly nice. As I had to wait after the initial set-up to move flowers during the room flip, I could watch her do the first look and traditional family shots. The final results were wonderful and took advantage of the gorgeous skyline and architecture around the venue. She even had a section at the end of that wedding's photo gallery with just flowers and other vendor related pictures. I know the bride was really happy with her as well. I hope we run into each other again!

• Inked Events Wedding Planners

We've had the pleasure of working with Leise Jones Photography on a few projects and weddings and she is an absolute pleasure. Her attention to the details are amazing and her fun personality will just make you smile. Her pictures are absolutely stunning!

• Danielle's Makeup Creations Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have worked with Leise on many weddings and other events and she is a fantastic photographer. She makes sure all of your precious moments are captured. You will love working with her!

• 20 Belgrade Avenue Suite 7, Suite 7 Roslindale, MA, 02131 See on map
    Tuesday-Saturday 9:30am-6:30pm
    Location of (Leise Jones Photography)

Leise Jones Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Leise Jones Photography include in the starting price?

Leise Jones Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• High-Res Images
  • Proofs

What photography services does Leise Jones Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Leise Jones Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• High-Res Images
  • Proofs

What photography styles does Leise Jones Photography offer?

Leise Jones Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Natural
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Leise Jones Photography offer?

Leise Jones Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter

What photography materials does Leise Jones Photography offer for wedding events?

Leise Jones Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Flush Mount
  • Matted Prints
  • Prints
  • Proofs

What percentage of users recommend Leise Jones Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Leise Jones Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

What kind of wedding service promotions does Leise Jones Photography offer?

Leise Jones Photography currently offers 1 gift promotion for wedding services.