Lauren Dieckhaus Photography

Alexandria, VA View map
4.6 out of 5 rating
$6,200 Most Popular Price

$6,200 Most Popular Price

I'm Lauren, a nationally published and award-winning fine art wedding photographer who provides timeless and artful imagery for couples and families in the Washington D.C. area and beyond.

You want to choose a wedding photographer who you can connect with and trust. I was a bride not too long ago and I remember exactly how overwhelming it can feel to plan a day that only happens once! After over half a decade of shooting events, portraits, and weddings, I have all of the insider tools and tips to make your wedding day as beautiful as you dream.

PHOTOGRAPHER TIP: As you browse for your perfect photographer, make sure to choose one who values quality over quantity, values you individually and as a couple, and holds highly the task of capturing your wedding day vision and all of the moments in between.

When it comes to wedding photography, I firmly believe these three things:

-A photographer tasked with capturing life's most significant and intimate moments should be first, and foremost, honest, trustworthy, and integrous.
- Everyone deserves beautiful and authentic imagery that stands the test of time.
- Investing in a high quality experience should feel luxurious and minimally transactional.

My couples tell me that I consistently make them feel comfortable and at ease while providing high quality imagery they can fondly look back on.

When you hire me you are guaranteed to expect:

1. To feel taken care of during our process together
2. To feel comfortable in front of the camera
3. Gorgeous photos to be passed down through generations

Are you ready to:
- have peace of mind?
- feel taken care of?
- feel confident in your wedding photographer?

INQUIRE TODAY and secure your wedding on my calendar! All 2021 dates have been filled, and I am currently accepting ONLY 6-8 MORE wedding dates for 2022!

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$5,500

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

2nd Shooter
Multi. Locations
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$6,200

2nd Shooter
Add'l Hours
Multi. Locations
Albums
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Film
Natural
Photojournalism
Traditional

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Boudoir Shoot
Destination / Travel
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

4.6 out of 5 rating

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 09/03/2022

Above and beyond!

Lauren really goes above and beyond! Whether it was scoping out off-site locations for our first look, or getting on the ground to scrub sand out of my wedding dress, she really took care of us. Her photos are fresh, romantic, and timeless. Several of my guests commented that Lauren was the most subtle wedding photographer they'd seen, never getting in the way of the events. I'm so thrilled we hired her, and would do it again!
  • Margaret
    Margaret C. Married on 05/20/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stunning photos & like working with a friend

My husband and I worked with Lauren for Cherry blossom portraits this spring and then at our wedding a few months ago. Lauren is not only an outstanding photographer but is also a truly warm and generous person- the kind of person you want with you on your wedding day.

For our engagement photos, Lauren spent a full morning with us so that we could get in sunrise Cherry blossom shots and photos inside the National Gallery of Art (a favorite DC spot of ours). She dedicated far more time and effort on this than just a hourlong portrait session, which had been my baseline expectation for an engagement shoot.

We appreciated Lauren’s thorough questionnaire and series of check-in calls in the weeks leading up to the wedding, which helped us understand our own photo priorities a bit better and made us feel like we were in very good hands leading up to the day.

Lauren was a joy to have with us on the wedding day. She kept us on time while at the same time making sure we were at ease and not rushed. She captured a perfect mix of candid shots of the party, our guests, little details we could have otherwise missed, and of course the stunning family, wedding party, and couples shots. She did a fantastic job of making sure all corners of our gorgeous venue were utilized and captured, and the way she framed the more posed shots is stunning.

We are so thrilled to have found Lauren, and can’t wait to work with her again for future milestones!
  • Anne
    Anne D. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely the best decision we made! truly incredible photography!

It’s almost impossible to capture in words what Lauren did for us on our wedding day but she truly captured magic. If I could give her more than 5 stars i would. Every special moment, all the little things, from the small but significant details, to my grandfather‘s conversations with my grandmother, to every reaction to the special moments— every little moment is captured forever in it’s most honest and true form and the results are unreal. Truly the best gift I could ever imagine. Hiring Lauren was the single best decision I made in my wedding planning process. The value, the artistic talent , and the service for your cost of doing business with her are unparalleled, I would pay 10x over for the work that she did for us. Her eye, her vision, and just her general demeanor were incredible— we absolutely LOVED working with Lauren and the compliments on our photos have been overwhelming. I can’t wait for Lauren to capture my families memories forever!
  • illustration stars

Team

Lauren
Lauren
Owner & Lead Photographer

I was born and raised on southern hospitality, and after marrying my husband Andrew, we moved to the suburbs of Washington, D.C. Even though we call Northern Virginia home, I always try to take some of that southern hospitality wherever I go. I love traveling all around the world documenting love stories for couples and families.

My love for photography has brought me everywhere from the beaches of Southern California to the Virginia countryside. Whenever I pick up my camera, I strive to create beautiful and emotional images that tell a story and showcase the beauty of both the people in the images and the world around them.

Photos remind us of the strength, courage and hope that reside in all of us the way few other things can. Even with it's ups and downs, your life, your story, are beautiful and I can't wait to create images to show that

5705 Woodlawn Green Cir Alexandria, VA, 22309
757-525-5961
Location of (Lauren Dieckhaus Photography)

Lauren Dieckhaus Photography frequently asked questions

Lauren Dieckhaus Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Multi. Locations
  • Digital Files
Lauren Dieckhaus Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • 2nd Shooter
  • Film
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
  • Traditional
Lauren Dieckhaus Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Boudoir Shoot
  • Destination / Travel
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits
Lauren Dieckhaus Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Canvas
  • Prints
Lauren Dieckhaus Photography is recommended by 93% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 4.6 out of 5 with the following breakdown: 4.7 in quality of service, 4.7 in flexibility, 4.7 in value, 4.6 in professionalism and 4.5 in average response time.

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding