Monterey, CA 95062 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $650
  • Deals 1

About Laurel Thomsen Violin & Viola Performance

Since 1998, Laurel Thomsen and her colleagues have provided sweet, soulful, and joyful music for private and public events and venues, including wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours and receptions, parties, memorials, art openings, corporate events, restaurants, and house concerts.

Laurel performs solo violin (seated or as a strolling violinist), or with an ensemble featuring various instrumentation, including violin/cello duos, string trios and quartets, violin/guitar duos, and various ensembles which also include lead and harmony vocals. Her repertoire includes traditional Classical music selections, as well as non-Classical offerings, including a variety of fiddle styles, original songwriting, and contemporary pop tunes. Based on your requests and preferences she will arrange a selection of music to set the perfect mood for your event.

“Wow! You guys were so amazing! You helped make our wedding unique, personal, and so joyful! Everyone was so pleased to hear your arrangements and I felt so lucky to have you there playing for us! I will cherish the memory forever!"

~ Rachel & John, Bride and Groom

“Laurel is certainly the most talented musician that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing. She was very flexible, traveled a significant distance, and underwent some 'country' road conditions that a lot of people would not have dealt with. She did this all for my wife's birthday, and I, as well as everyone listening, are very grateful. She is also kind, gracious, easy to talk with, and also is genteel without being remotely ostentatious. I would highly recommend her for any event, especially those that involve time-honored, classic pieces that still 'echo' down through the centuries. Thank you Laurel.”

~ Mark, booked Laurel for birthday party

“I want to extend a huge THANK YOU for such beautiful ceremony music! Walking down the aisle to “Oceans” was absolutely amazing and I really appreciate you and Dan taking the time to learn the piece. We also appreciated that you were prompt and responsive, flexible, and provided an expansive repertoire along with suggestions for our wedding. We received many compliments on the beautiful ceremony music!

~ Jaime Lockhart, Bride

“As the father of the bride, I knew that my daughter's expectations were going to be high. She had planned every little detail of her wedding meticulously - every detail that is, except the music for the wedding ceremony. She knew she wanted it to be simple, yet elegant. Non-traditional, yet still capable of evoking a traditional feel befitting such an ethereal occasion. Having found Laurel Thomsen online and recommending her to my daughter based upon nothing more than a "feeling" derived from reading her profile, I must admit to tempering my own expectations. I can now say unequivocally that the experience was nothing less than perfect! Professional and confident throughout the process, I believe Laurel's performance exceed every hope we could have had. Her music provided a seamless and intuitively poignant thread that helped weave everything else into a truly awesome moment in time. I am glad we made the choice to place our trust in Laurel. The results were "pitch perfect".”

~George, Father of the Bride

Follow Laurel Thomsen Violin & Viola Performance on

Other couples have also viewed

• Classic Vybe
img195

3 Reviews for Laurel Thomsen Violin & Viola Performance

Sarah S. · Married on 03/09/2019

Outstanding!

I was able to book Laurel last minute and she was so easy to work with. She has a great amount of music to choose from to make your day perfect. Laurel is such a talented violinist that she had the guests ranting and raving long after she left. Book her, if you can!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Laurel Thomsen Violin & Viola Performance's reply:

Thank you Sarah. I'm glad everything worked out, including a break in the rain! Congratulations and best wishes for you both!

James · Married on 08/09/2014

I highly recommend Laurel to provide music for your special event. She is a joy to work with and brings the highest level of talent and professionalism to her art. I contacted Laurel after reading reviews and recommendations and looking over her impressive repertoire. As music has always been very important to my family I wanted that reflected in my wedding ceremony with a large prelude and postlude. Laurel immediately responded to all my emails and phone calls and provided great suggestions and recommendations for the musical arrangement. I was interested in having a violin/cello duo and Laurel made all the arrangements with the cellist and provided a completely stress-free experience. Payment was so easy through PayPal.

On wedding day she took care of setup and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. The level of musical ability and performance that Laurel provides is a must-have addition to any wedding or event. She knows the music and knows how it should be performed. We had a beautiful wedding and Laurel’s music was a wonderful part that we will always remember.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Heidi · Married on 10/10/2009

Thanks for all your efforts in playing for our ceremony! Even through the unexpected jade fest you found the beach and sounded wonderful! You're an excellent musician, thanks again!!

Sent on 10/19/2009

Laurel Thomsen Violin & Viola Performance FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 300.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 650.00
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Acapella
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
    Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Flute
    Guitar
    Viola
    Violin
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Laurel Thomsen Violin & Viola Performance 1
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Monterey, CA, 95062 See on map
    Location of (Laurel Thomsen Violin & Viola Performance)