Larry Michaels Photography

Larry Michaels Photography

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Larry Michaels Photography

Serving The Island Of Maui, Hawaii

Larry Michaels has been providing stunning wedding photography,Videography and Disc Jockey services for over a decade and continues to capture the true essence of the wedding day with his unique creative styles, for today's couples!, His work has been sought after and utilized by such high profile celebrities and corporations as Jon Voight, Steven Spielberg, Drew Barrymore, Yokohama Tire Corp. and Nissan Motor Company to name a few.,

Larry's specialty is the documentary photojournalism genre that has become ever so popular over the past few years. He is an expert at capturing those candid moments that make your wedding memories come alive. His works combines a photojournelistic approach with respect for the traditional style too, so that unconventional couples and their families will be pleased as well.. They know how to be in the right place at the right time!

Larry and his associates bring many cameras to the events.. Like the photos, Larry's studio mixes both black and white with color for his videography. Each couple gets a DVD Disc that has the look of a Hollywood movie! It's breathtaking ! You can watch these demos at the studio., The studio offers full service packages that incliude Photos, Video AND DJ service!

Larry now offers KARAOKE and LIVE BAND Entertainment as well! We are proud to feature BURNIN BRIDGES -A Classic Rock/Variety Band offering music from 60's-Current and 80 DAZE BAND-Featuring 80's New Wave/Alernative Dance music..both bands are excellent!

With his studio in the EDO District of Downtown Albuquerque, Larry's team will capture the the true feel of the Land Of Enchantment! from Santa Fe's artful feel, Old Town's rustic charm, the majestic views of the Sandia's , all the way down to Las Cruces, Larry's well deserved reputation for excellence has made him one of the most sought after photographers in the business., When you hire Larry Michaels Photography, you can sit back and relax. Be sure to book him as early as possible and then you can cross that off your "List of Things To Do" with confidence, knowing you have selected a photography company who will take care of all the details and provide you with EXCELLENT wedding and event memories!

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Regions serviced: Albuquerque

Follow Larry Michaels Photography on

7 Reviews for Larry Michaels Photography

1.4

DJ Experience:A week prior to the wedding I gave him a list of MUST play and DO NOT play songs as well as our entrance songs. I was a little taken aback when he asked me if I could upload all the music files and send them to him. First, a week before the wedding I was really stressed and didn’t have time to be uploading music and second isn’t that why I am paying to have a DJ. During dinner the music was so loud my wedding planner had to ask him to turn it down, and in response he was quite rude to her. After dinner, he sat the entire evening in a chair and didn't get up to energize the crowd or get people on the dance floor, and he actually talked on his cell phone several times. The energetic, fun, interactive, entertainment part of DJ services was not there, and he was obviously just there to get an easy paycheck. He also played numerous songs off of our DO NOT PLAY list including the hokey pokey, electric slide, Celebrate and others. Videography was about the same.The video is pixelated, blurry, not sharp at all had poor and sloppy editing and looked like an amateur made it. During the recording of our ceremony using his IPhone a black border appears in the video, he is walking around and the picture is shaky, he tripped and stumbled a few times and captured the ground, and he also started talking on the video, so instead of our vows you can hear him talking to someone. Video recording was also suppose to go for a certain amount of time per our contract, but the recording kept going past the cut off point. Larry comes up to me in the middle of dancing and says he needs a check right then and there for the additional video time. I had to leave my wedding to go locate my purse in a locked room somewhere in the country club and bring my check book up and sit and write him a check in front of all my guests. Unprofessional and tacky! I would not recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture User4117066, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ, Videography

We were so busy before the wedding to give much pointers.Nevertheless, the videographer was able to do a great job.

Profile Picture Marie, 2/12/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

We actually had a Sweet 16 birthday party for my daughter! The work done before hand really made for a seamless event! What a professional we had with Larry covering all the bases and bringing things up we never would have thought of. All of those things made for a very special and memorable event for my daughter! I would recommend Larry to anyone who wants someone easy to work with, reliable, and most of all skilled in his profession! You rock Larry.

Profile Picture Kathy, 1/16/10, 1 Review