Kim Baker Beauty

San Jose, CA View map Visit website

Situated out of San Jose, California, Kim Baker Beauty is a licensed team that specializes in wedding day hair and makeup for the down-to-earth, natural bride and to-be-wed. Each talented stylist is eager and ready to help you find your dream look.

We believe that creating your dream wedding day makeup and hair look is a collaborative process from beginning to end. From your skincare consultation with owner, Kim, to the trial/preview with your artist, to the day of application.

Your happiness is our priority, from start to end. And as such, we want to make the booking process and decision making easy for you. Our services are all inclusive: lashes and skin prep included in all makeup services. Hair extension and accessory installation available for all hair services. Blow outs are a seperate service than styling.

HOW TO INQUIRE:
1. go to www.kimbakerbeauty.com to review our services
2. find any of the inquire buttons on the home page or wedding page
3. fill out the form with as much detail as possible
4. check your email. You will receive a link to a virtual brochure with details on services, pricing and more along with a link to schedule a consultation.

When do I need to book my wedding beauty vendors?

ASAP! This not only allows us more time to work together on your skincare, reduces your stress by checking off another vendor, but allows you time to book your first choice vendor during the busiest wedding season since 1984!!

• LGBTQ+-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$160

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$160

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$900

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$160

Does makeup price include false lashes?

Which of the following are included in prices?

Consultation
Trial Service

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Hair
Makeup
Mult. Stylists
Licensed
Skincare

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Extensions
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Contour Makeup
Natural Makeup
On-Site Makeup
Wedding Party Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes

Maggie H. Married on 03/05/2022

Amazing Makeup Artist

Kim was AMAZING from the time I met with her all the way through the wedding day!!! I couldn’t have imagined a better make-up artist. My make-up was exactly what I wanted and she was so sweet and very communicative throughout the process. She took every piece of feedback from the trial and made magic happen. She also brought in Alli to assist with bridesmaid makeup and do my hair which also turned out exactly how I wanted. I couldn’t be any happier with the two of them.

I also knew NOTHING about skin care before contacting her about my wedding makeup and now I have never had better skin. My acne is so much more manageable and I feel more confident in my skin. I am so incredibly happy I found her. I will always remember how she helped make my wedding day so incredibly special!
  • Sadie
    Sadie Married on 10/06/2019

Makeup artist turned friend

Kim did my wedding makeup in October, better late than never, but Kim Baker Beauty was the best choice in makeup artist for my wedding day and throughout the entire planning process. She was accessible to me with any questions I had about my wedding or makeup in general. After my Trial, she knew my skin type and helped me pick products that helped put moisture back in my skin so I wasn’t dry and flaky for my big day! Her esthetician background was an added bonus.
    Leading towards the wedding day, Kim helped calm my nerves. She listened to my needs for both the morning schedule and how I wanted to look. Her knowledge and use of skincare helped not only me, feel and look my very best, but she made my mom and mother in law to be feel comfortable about getting their makeup done. My mom is very routine and nervous about it being overdone and my mother in law does not generally use makeup. Kim helped every step of the way and even sent many MOB samples and video testimonials to help ensure they felt comfortable making the appointment. But the best part was how much fun we had together and how comfortable I immediately felt. Kim is a new friend and officially my go- to makeup guru!
    You will not go wrong by hiring Kim Baker Beauty as your bridal makeup artist!!

Kim Baker Beauty's reply:

Awww! Sadie!! I loved helping you and your gals feel amazing on your big day! And I had so much fun with you too! Cannot wait to work with you again!
  • Alissa
    Alissa Married on 08/24/2019

Absolutely Incredible Artist

I could not be more honored to have chosen Kim as our makeup artist for the day. From the get go with our trial, her calm and relaxing demeanor made me feel so much more relaxed and confident that I was in good hands! She really made us feel connected on a deeper level as friends and she always checked in with suggestions and happy thoughts! She truly did the extra and went above and beyond. She stayed with us through first look photos right up until the ceremony, and she was right there to bring me a smile and calm my happy tears with her magic brushes! As a person whose skin is sooo oily, i was so concerned that my makeup would melt right off...NOPE NOT THIS TIME! My makeup stayed flawless through a night of kisses, dancing and (sweating :/). I do not wear a lot of makeup to begin with and she made me feel incredible and perfectly made up with just the simple touches! We went with the natural lash extensions for the day, and I'm never looking back :), I cannot believe how much she brought out that inner beauty and glow. She partnered with Raven for the day and boy those two are a dynamic duo. each of my girls and my mother could not have looked more beautiful than they did the day of my wedding! Kim is my forever go to girl!- Alissa M.

Kim Baker Beauty's reply:

Alissa! OMG! You are literally the sweetest ever! Thank you so so much for the kind words. I genuinely enjoyed being with you and your ladies each moment of your special day!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Team

Kim Gomez
Kim Gomez
owner

Kim became a fan of makeup as a competitive dancer in high school- applying makeup for her teammates during performances and her friends for school dances.

While teaching preschool full time, Kim obtained her esthetician license in 2014 and began building the Kim Baker Beauty brand.

- skin forward makeup application that looks and feels like the elevated version of YOU
- comfortable hairstyling to enhance your personal style
- intimate experiences to help people feel grounded, connected, present and beautiful
- inclusive and gender affirming experiences for everyone

Succulents for Hire Succulents for Hire Wedding Florists

Kim did makeup for a bride I provided flowers for recently, and her work was flawless. She has since been so generous with her industry knowledge and is a superb professional. I can't wait to work with her again.

Image Society Image Society Wedding Photographers

I met Kim while on a wedding appointment in The South Bay this last Fall. I was SO IMPRESSED with her professionalism! It's very rare to see a mobile makeup artist be as organized as she is with not only her equipment, but with how she handles her clients the day of. She's a very kind person to boot. And her makeup skills dominate! I hope to work with her again someday.

BeautifulOne Makeup Artistry BeautifulOne Makeup Artistry Wedding Hair & Makeup

Kim is very personable and an absolute pleasure to work with. She is talented and passionate about her work! Highly recommend!

San Jose San Jose, CA, 95128
Location of (Kim Baker Beauty)

Other vendors in San Francisco for your wedding