Katie Kaizer Photography

Nantucket, MA View map
2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

I was born and raised on the island of Nantucket, and for as long as I can remember I’ve been immersed in and inspired by the natural beauty of my home. I always had a camera in my hand when I was younger, chasing sunsets at the beach, at the horse farm where we spent most of our days and documenting my adventures with my friends in scrapbooks too numerous to count. I currently live on Nantucket with my husband Evan Schwanfelder, our sweet baby girl Millie and our adorable rescue pup Ziggy.

I spent many years abroad after college and then moved back to this lovely island. Living in such a scenic place and traveling the world to see other amazing sights has helped shape my perspective on photography. There’s incredible scenery everywhere, but it’s the special moments captured in those places that create lasting memories.

In 2009 I enrolled in the New England School of Photography for their two-year professional program and I studied photojournalism, wedding and portrait photography. After graduating I started my business on Nantucket. My photography style is natural and journalistic; my goal is to document the moments and experiences you’ll cherish forever. At your wedding I work within your day, meaning the flow of events is never interrupted and will never feel too directed.

I love wedding and portrait work along with the personal projects that I seek every off season. A few winters ago I spent time documenting an equine therapy center in Florida and pushing myself to exercise lessons gained at The Foundation Workshop in Texas. I’m always working to evolve my craft through workshops, attending conferences and pushing myself outside of my comfort zone. I believe that effort translates directly into the quality of the photos I make for you.

I am committed to capturing the human experience from the smallest elopement to the biggest wedding celebration, from every day life to the family vacation celebrating 60 years of marriage for the grandparents. The best part of my job is that each wedding, portrait session or engagement is a new artistic endeavor with a story to be told. I’d love to talk more over the phone or meet you in person! I believe in getting to know my clients and value our client relationships whole heartedly. I’d love to tell you more about what we do and look forward to hearing from you!

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$500

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Engagement Shoot

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

High-Res Images

What photography items do you offer?

Albums
Digital Files
Prints
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Marisa Married on 10/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Katie Kaizer is Simply the Best!

I cannot say enough praise for Katie and the entire process of working with her! From day one of her meeting us at our home, we immediately connected. Over the course of the year, she held multiple calls with us and also met us at our wedding venue to scout several times. We held our rehearsal dinner outdoors at my aunt's home in Nantucket on September 30, 2022, and all the photos Katie captured are nothing short of spectacular and full of joy. She so beautifully captured both the scenic backdrop and the love felt by everyone in attendance. All while she game-planned with us for the rain that was inevitably going to hit the next day. Our wedding was October 1, 2022 held at a private estate (30 shawkemo road) in Nantucket, MA. The property is vast and located on the ocean. Our plan (right up through our ceremony rehearsal the day before) was to do the ceremony, cocktail hour, and all our photos outside by the water. Hurricane Ian however had other plans! Ultimately, our wedding day was 99% rain and heavy winds. When we realized our entire wedding and photos would need to be moved into our reception tent, this is when Katie truly showed up as the hero that she is! Throughout the morning of getting ready and making last-minute weather-related changes, Katie both took charge and rolled with the punches. As my cousin so eloquently put it: "Katie was the glue that held the wedding together!" From the moment we set foot in the house, Katie was the brightest light, never once complaining about the elements, all while ushering our family and wedding party around with ease and confidence. Her and Cary (second shooter) helped us all stay calm and positive throughout otherwise crazy weather conditions. Our joy and calm comes through in every single getting ready photo. Katie and Cary truly made the most of needing to take our formal photos inside our reception tent, using the tent décor and lighting to add dimension. Our aisle and ceremony shots captured the palpable emotion throughout our tent, and so beautifully depict the feelings of love we all felt. My favorite photos are when Katie asked “will you trust me to do some rain shots?” and we said “ABSOLUTELY” – these photos of us in the rain are pure magic. She made us smile and kept us calm throughout the wind and rain. A highlight was when she hurried us outside when we had literally 5 minutes of clear, pink sky for the most breathtaking shots by the ocean. These rainy weather shots are something out of a magazine. And finally, our dancefloor was absolutely packed the entire night, and she captured the energy of everyone perfectly. I’ve never seen such spirited dancefloor shots before!
    Moral of the story: hire Katie, wherever you are getting married, but especially if you’re planning to get married outside. The Grey Lady (Nantucket) is unpredictable, and you will never regret having Katie by your side to turn rain & wind into pure magic!
    Sarah Married on 09/17/2022

Katie is the best

We can’t say enough good things about Katie. When we spoke with her two years before our wedding we instantly knew we’d be lucky to work with her. Very organized, very fun, very thoughtful about how she approached our weekend.

She captured everything exactly as it unfolded - the intimate moments and the fun ones. All super authentic and real. It felt like she was part of our wedding party in the best way possible. We are forever grateful
  • Delphine
    Delphine G. Married on 09/10/2022

Exquisite work

Katie was a dream to work with. We have been family friends for years so it was a no brainer to hire her. Her style is like nothing I have ever seen before and our photos came out better than I would have even imagined. She was able to capture so many special one off moments and the feelings of us/our guests. Katie and her assistant were polite, hard working and made our day so enjoyable. On top of that prior to the wedding she helped me strategize where to go and how to work everything I wanted into my timeline, while still giving us plenty of time with our guests. We loved working with Katie so much!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

8 N Beach St Nantucket, 02554
Location of (Katie Kaizer Photography)

Other vendors in Cape Cod for your wedding