Katie Kaizer Photography Reviews

99 | Nantucket, MA

99 Reviews for Katie Kaizer Photography

Emily F. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Perfect photographer for our intimate wedding celebration

Katie was absolutely wonderful to work with – from our first conversation, she conveyed her intention to get to know us as a couple, to understand our unique needs, and ultimately to capture elements of our wedding that were important to us both.

We had a small celebration planned that became even smaller as a result of COVID-19 and we balanced feelings of joy and anticipation with anxiety and uncertainty as we worked to ensure safety for everyone who would be with us on our wedding day. Katie offered flexibility and reassurance at every step of the way, and I was so appreciative of her guidance and generosity through the whole planning process. She gave us hours and hours of time in advance of the wedding, talking through ever-evolving plans and dreams via phone, email, and text. She was always extremely responsive and thorough in her communications and her genuine enthusiasm is contagious!

Not only is Katie clearly a seasoned professional when it comes to navigating the logistics of wedding planning, she also demonstrated her keen ability to adapt (and help us adapt!) with ease and grace to some extraordinary and unprecedented circumstances. Katie really went above and beyond in so many ways, stepping in to coordinate with various family members and vendors to help us pull the day off smoothly.

And what a day it was! I loved having Katie around throughout the day to touch base with – she gently (and effectively!) helped us stay on schedule and yet I somehow never felt rushed or pulled away from the intimacy of our celebration. When Katie sent a preview of the photos she had taken shortly after the wedding followed by the full gallery, we were blown away! We were incredibly grateful to be able to re-live so many special moments from the day – her photos are absolutely beautiful and we will treasure them for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 01/05/2021
  • Caroline

Caroline S. · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Above and beyond experience

Since starting to work with Katie for our engagement photos, she has been flexible, and fun to work with. She has been ale to capture our vibe, feelings, and emotions from early on in the engagement photos, through the wedding pictures. The wedding pictures absolutely take my breath away. They are not only stunning, but they captured the emotions that we were feeling that day and weekend. From my first look with dad, to standing on the altar exchanging vows with my now husband, I relive every feeling that I felt that day through what she has been able to capture in the photos.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Alexandra L. · Married on 12/09/2020

Incredible photographer, photos & experience!

Katie is an incredible photographer and perfectly captures the moment. 2020 was a tough year to plan a wedding and Katie was flexible and helped us navigate the ever-changing environment. She put my husband, our families and me perfectly at ease. Our photos turned out truly spectacular and captured the day. We will cherish them forever!

Sent on 12/11/2020
  • Hayley

Hayley R. · Married on 10/06/2020

A Trusted Photographer & Friend

First and foremost, we are beyond happy with our experience. She is incredibly thoughtful, flexible and amazing at her job. We are just reaching our 1-year anniversary and going through our photos was such a special way to reflect on the best day of our lives. And it's not just photos of people, it's photos of the incredibly special and intimate moments between family and friends that remind you why it's all so important.

We got married on Nantucket and our photographer search was focused on finding someone who knows the island and how quickly the weather comes and goes. She quickly showed that she was an expert when we had our engagement shoot. It was a true grey-lady day and, truthfully, we were pretty nervous. Low clouds and mist didn't seem like a recipe for success. But she had a plan. And this plan resulted in the most beautiful sunset picture that we will ever take. It is just breathtaking. In addition to that, our wedding day was met with the most epic storm that the island has seen in a while. In the middle of dancing, she quickly called out to my partners brother and needed us outside ASAP. And she somehow topped that breathtaking sunset photo from the engagement shoot. We honestly couldn't believe it - it was representative of so much.

We also had a secondary focus on someone who is comfortable with shooting an LGBTQ wedding. These kinds of days involve the same things as any other wedding but there is something really important about being able to photograph intimate moments between same-sex couples. We are so appreciative of not only her comfort but her genuine acceptance and celebration of us.

Another thing that we valued was her ability (and willingness) to understand family dynamics. We took a walk with our dogs on the beach a few days before the wedding and, aside from it being a great time to spend together as a group, she really took the time to learn about the who/what/why. And none of that was forgotten during the craziness that is a wedding day.

After the wedding, she sent us the most thoughtful package. It had prints of her selects packaged in the cutest box. She also included a thumb drive of the high-res photos. Opening and going through everything felt like Christmas morning. It also made for another great Instagram post because wedding content never ends :)

From the moment we first spoke to Katie, we knew right away this was the person we trusted. We couldn't be happier to not only have amazing photos from her but to call her a friend. And we can't wait to see her when we are back on the island next!

Sent on 06/26/2020

Jamie · Married on 09/12/2020

Talented & Genuine! Highly Recommend.

To me, choosing a photographer was the most important part of my wedding planning journey and I really wanted to get it right. I was instantly drawn to Katie’s style and the way she captures moments that told a story versus typical bridal photos I’ve seen throughout my vendor hunt. During my initial call with Katie it wasn’t her work that won me over, more so that I felt instantly comfortable chatting with her and truly felt like she understood me and my vision. We confidently hired Katie for both our engagement session and our wedding and it was the best decision we made. She made myself and my fiancé so comfortable and it truly showed in all of the photos. There was literally not a single photo we didn’t love. We still have people telling us that our photos are the most beautiful they’ve seen, and I have to agree! I cannot recommend her enough; Katie will be my go-to recommendation and my 'forever photographer' for all my future celebrations and special moments.

Sent on 03/10/2021
  • Mary

Mary H. · Married on 08/07/2020

Exceptional Experience with Photographer Katie Kaizer

Katie Kaizer is indefatigable, brimming with energy, passion, drive and determination. Knowing that she is charged with the awesome responsibility of capturing the most meaningful moment in a couple's life--and a family's--she brought all of herself into this time. As Mother-of-the Bride, I can say that our family is forever grateful that Katie is part of our wedding memory. I think of her when I think of that wedding weekend, as she also shot Rehearsal Dinner (as well as the engagement shots). With us for two days, including the festivities around getting ready (hair & makeup with her bridesmaids/groom & groomsmen)..to the entire ceremony and celebration that followed. Katie has a great team she pulls together to ensure not a moment is missed. Most of all, Katie brings her own personal passion and real love into the equation. She shoots like she is capturing her own loved ones for this forever moment. My daughter and I LOVE Katie Kaizer and recommend her wholeheartedly!!

Sent on 12/16/2020
  • Heather

Heather K. · Married on 07/13/2020

Unbelievable talent!!!

Where do I begin with Katie!? We had the pleasure of meeting Katie when she photographed our engagement session. We wanted to include our pup in our photos and love the way Katie captures dogs and families. Working with Katie was so easy and relaxed, we felt as if we had gained a new friend. She is so good with dogs, and helpful with advice on locations, outfits, time of day, and direction while taking photos.

We had to cancel our original wedding plans in Maine due to Covid, and decided to elope at home on Nantucket instead. Our first call was to Katie to make sure we could secure her for our wedding. We couldn’t feel more lucky to have been able to work with her on such a special occasion that had been quickly replanned. It was so important to us to have an album of beautiful photos to remember the day.

Upon receiving our album we were blown away with how much we loved each and every single photo. From the way Katie lights the photos, the natural tones, the framing, the way she captured our feelings and words during our ceremony and vows - we loved it all. They tell a story that we will forever cherish.

One of our favorite things about working with Katie is the way she naturally lights up with excitement and inspiration by the location and subject she’s shooting. The whole time we were all in awe of the beautiful day Nantucket had given us and we were eager to capture every moment of it’s perfection. Our wedding session was photographed all in 1 location, yet somehow she made it look as though we had travelled all over island. She captured our special moments as well as so many things that we love about this Island and it’s natural wonders.

In addition to blowing us away with her talent - Katie’s talent was recognized in an international contest! Katie won 2 awards from the National Wedding Photojournalist Association for photos from our wedding. Both photos captured very meaningful moments in our day and we are so very proud of her!!!

We feel very fortunate to have been able to work with Katie for two special moments in our life. She’s caring, compassionate and extremely talented! We highly recommend her.

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Sheila

Sheila E. · Married on 05/12/2020

Katie Kaizer: The wedding photographer of your dreams!

As soon as we got engaged, we made a list of the 5 most important things that we needed to lock-in right away. Photographer was ranked #1 because the only thing you can take with you after your wedding day are those moments captured in photo​s.

In August of 2017 we were so excited to reach out to Katie Kaizer - after following her amazing photography on social media for years - to see if she would be available to photograph our potential October 2018 wedding date. She quickly responded but regrettably informed us that she was unavailable because she and her fiance were getting married that same day in Nantucket! Although we were thrilled for her to finally experience HER own wedding day after capturing so many others' weddings, we were also incredibly disappointed knowing that Katie couldn't be our wedding photographer! The next day, after going back to our Boston wedding venue to lock in this October date we had inquired with Katie about, we quickly learned that we were just minutes too late and our venue was no longer available. That date change was the biggest blessing in disguise as we quickly switched gears to create the downtown Boston Christmas wedding of our dreams and in doing so, we were able to secure Katie Kaizer: the wedding photographer of our dreams!

From beginning to end, Katie's knowledge, professionalism, responsiveness, attentiveness, creativeness and accommodation truly exceeded our highest expectations. Although she lives in Nantucket and we were in Boston full time, she was always willing to connect via phone, email and text. She was incredibly flexible in accommodating our schedule with being available for calls after work. Having an off-season wedding also gave us the amazing gift of more time with Katie! We both finally met Katie at our engagement session in Nantucket. We instantly felt so comfortable with her upon meeting her and our session totally flew by. She knew all of the amazing spots to go and captured the our most special moments together as well as with our 15 year old pup, Kerry who made an appearance as well!

Katie was always thinking and anticipating things we would have never thought of. She was prepared for all scenarios ​for our wedding day ​whether it was the weather, traffic, sunset time and the potential need for additional lighting at our venue to ensure the BEST photographs were taken. She partnered with her friend and talented colleague Cary Tozer to ensure we had enough coverage for our wedding day since my fiance and I would be getting ready at two separate locations. She arranged to do a site visit at our wedding venue, The State Room, just a few weeks before our wedding on the way back from attending her friend's wedding in New Hampshire to fully understand the lighting, the room set-up for the ceremony and reception as well as scope out the locations where my fiance and I would be getting ready in town as well as where we would have our "first look". Katie also adjusted her personal plans for the holidays to ensure she would be off the island and in Boston in enough time before the wedding. She eagerly asked to attend our rehearsal to meet our families, understand our family dynamics and of course, capture some amazing photographs of us, our families and friends at the Seaport. If you know Katie, you know she is a HUGE fan of dogs. She encouraged us to have someone meet us at our "first look" with Kerry our 15 year old shih-poo and Ruthie our then 4 month old Golden Retriever pup. We are SO glad she was persistant because those photographs are truly some of our favorites!

The day of the wedding, Katie and Cary worked their magic and every single moment was captured and then some! To quote a family member after viewing our photos which were posted on Facebook "These are amazing! They capture the heart and personality of the beautiful brides and all the fun we had celebrating with them! The pictures themselves are so intimate but not intrusive. How you managed to find every special moment is a testament to your talent!" After receiving our wedding photographs from Katie, we relived that day from start to finish.​ She truly captured every moment.​ We feel incredibly blessed to have had Katie and Cary photograph our wedding and look forward to continuing our friendship and having them capture more of our family events in the future!

So, go ahead. Give yourselves the GREATEST wedding gift and have Katie Kaizer shoot your wedding. You will have these amazing photographs forever. You can thank us later.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Michelle P. · Married on 10/22/2019

Katie Made Our Day Amazing!

Katie was a special part of our wedding. The pictures are amazing, and we have received compliments from everyone who has seen them. Her technical skill and knowledge of Nantucket were evident, but it was that she made us feel so comfortable and at ease that showed in each picture. We treasure the memories that Katie helped us capture. She was enthusiastic and very responsive. It was like having a long-time friend photograph our wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2019

Rochelle P. · Married on 10/05/2019

INCREDIBLE experience with Katie!

My partner, Ryan, and I did a lot of searching and research in order to choose our photographer because it meant a lot to us that the pictures reflected us and the feeling of our wedding day. From the first phone call, we knew Katie was the one! She is an incredible person in addition to her outstanding skills as a photographer which made her so wonderful and easy to work with. She was organized, timely, intuitive, and respectful of our wishes/requests. We got married October 5th 2019 in Madaket on Nantucket. I never felt like I was being followed by a photographer - instead, she blended in seamlessly with our friends and family and in some magical way was always in the right place at the right time! Her energetic, yet genuine and caring personality made me feel like she was part of my friends/family as she documented us 'getting ready' and I believe this is what enables her to capture such candid, emotional pictures where I can look back and really remember exactly how I was feeling in the moment! She was so respectful of our wish to maximize our reception time with our guests, that she seamlessly planned when, where, and how to capture (AMAZING!) pictures of Ryan and I just after the ceremony. And I was so happy that it was her that we got to be with during such a special moment in our lives. It was completely comfortable (as I am a bit camera shy!) I seriously cant stop relooking at her photos and all that she was able to capture!...including the overall 'mood' that we had hoped for. Katie is the most perfect balance between personal and professional which is a dream come true when all the stressors of the wedding are swirling around. Also she knows Nantucket like the back of her hand which made for beautiful pictures in places that I would not have known about. I will certainly be calling up Katie for all future life photo ops based on the incredible experience that Ryan and I had with her on our special day. I truly feel like I get to 're-live' that day by looking through our photos, which is a dream come true!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Jenna

Jenna L. · Married on 09/14/2019

The best photographer ever

What can I say about Katie, she is simply the best. Katie captured our engagement and it only felt right to have her capture our wedding as well. Katie has the most beautiful soul inside and out and her ability to capture the pure joy and feeling of love is truly a talent that not a lot of photographers have. She is poised, efficient and most of all, she makes everyone feel comfortable. Katie truly cares about each couple and it shows through her gorgeous work. She and her partner Cary, were so professional and the connections they are able to make with their clients is truly what makes them so special. Katie's talent shines through her amazing photos. Not to mention, she is one of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and am so honored to call her a friend.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Alice T. · Married on 08/10/2019

A creative, professional and compassionate photographer

We hired Katie for our small wedding ceremony August 10th at Ladies beach on Nantucket and could not imagine a better photographer to work with. She took stunning portraits using scenery, clothing, light and people in creative ways. She also captured heartfelt, spontaneous moments that we will cherish forever. She made sure to get to know us ahead of time so she could tell our story with compassion and authenticity. Katie was professional and very responsive with communication. We feel very lucky to have worked with such a kind, creative and skilled photographer!

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Laura

Laura C. · Married on 07/12/2019

The best wedding photographer you'll hire!

We feel incredibly lucky that Katie Kaizer was able to photograph our wedding! She has a way of capturing people in real moments that we've never seen anyone else do before. Katie travelled to Ireland to shoot our NYE wedding & instantly became a part of the family. She brings such positive energy and makes everyone feel at complete ease. Katie went above and beyond to make sure that all the details of our day were captured. We couldn't have been more happy with our pictures. Each one is truly beautiful and captured the pure joy from our day.

We loved her work so much that we continued to hire her to photograph a week long trip around Ireland with our family & friends. Looking back, it was best investment and decision we made. We had so many incredible moments with people that we don't get to see very often and now we'll never forgot them.

Katie unobtrusively weaved her way around all of our events and trips to capture incredible shots. You can tell by looking at her face when she is working that every single shot is the most important one she'll capture. Katie gives it her all.

Thank you Katie for giving us the greatest gift of all, we'll never forget the most incredible time of our lives with your beautiful work.

Laura & Chris

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Lynn

Lynn M. · Married on 07/10/2019

Katie was the perfect fit for our elopement

We are truly thankful that we found Katie! Her artistic eye, passion and talent, captured our special day and told the ‘story’ of our journey out to Great Point, Nantucket. The grasses, the clouds, the composition of the photos... all spectacular!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Louise · Married on 06/15/2019

Above and beyond!

We knew we wanted work with Katie from the time we met her. Throughout the entire process, she went above and beyond her duties as photographer. Being an islander, she knows every nook and cranny of Nantucket and its most beautiful backdrops. We used Katie for our Welcome Party and Full Day Wedding photos. The photos we got back were the most spectacular photos we have seen and exceeded what we had hoped for! We look through the albums and blog photos daily so that we can relive the best day of our lives! Katie and Cary (second photographer!) truly captured every moment. Lots of smiles, laughter, and tears! We could not recommend her and Cary enough and feel that we gained a couple friends through the process!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren M. · Married on 06/15/2019

The absolute best!

If one word could sum up Katie Kaizer it would be JOY. She absolutely radiates joy in every instance you encounter with her, which is of remarkable importance during very intimate moments where you could otherwise feel uncomfortable having someone there. Not only is she an amazing human to spend time with, she is responsive and professional and captures the most real tangible emotions through her images. Her photos of our engagement and wedding encapsulated the whirlwind of emotions so perfectly, and we are forever grateful! We couldn’t recommend Katie with higher regards- she is truly wonderful!!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Kaylan W. · Married on 06/04/2019

Absolutely Wonderful

Katie is absolutely AMAZING!!
    She photographed my wedding and my sisters. Her photography is breathtaking!
    Katie pays such fine attention to detail and captures real emotion in every photo.
    She is the sweetest most talented soul.
    I recommend her HIGHLY!
    We absolutely adore you and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for shooting our beautiful windy Madaket wedding !

Sent on 08/07/2019

Leah H. · Married on 10/06/2018

October 6, 2018

My husband and I had the most magical beach wedding in Madaket over Columbus Day Weekend and Katie captured the essence of it. Leading up to the wedding she was a pleasure to work with and even told us where to put the arbor based on the sun. The morning of, my husband I got to surf with basically our whole wedding party, family, and some friends- it was incredible!! Without even telling Katie she called me and asked if we were paddling out! She met us out there and captured some great pictures.
    Katie and Cary were so professional and easy to work with. I wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to capture my special day and now I have incredible pictures to last a lifetime.

Sent on 02/10/2020
  • Jane

Jane S. · Married on 09/01/2018

The best photographer and the most amazing human!

My husband and I had the pleasure of working with Katie for both our wedding weekend as well as our baby shoot after our daughter was born. For our wedding, She worked closely with us throughout our planning process and really spent time with my husband and I to understand what elements from the weekend we wanted her to capture. She was open minded but also gave honest feedback when we asked. Weddings are often chaotic and there are a ton of moving parts and Katie’s calm and easy going demeanor was infectious and most importantly she is such a kind person and will make any event a memorable one. We had such a positive experience with our wedding that we couldn’t wait to work with her again when our daughter was born. The photos we have from Katie are some of our most treasured memories and she perfectly captured these special moments. We cannot wait to work with her again in the future! She is hands down the best photographer and vendor we have ever worked with!

Sent on 02/05/2021

Shaunna G. · Married on 06/28/2018

Amazing experience!

We got married on June 28, 2018 on Nantucket. We planned a very small event within a couple of months, so we were thrilled when Katie was available! From the start, she was excited about our plan to make this an "on the fly" wedding. We'd walk to pick up flowers on the way to the Dreamland Theater for the ceremony and then head out to Cisco Brewery to celebrate with family and friends. The only people who knew anything about our ceremony were our parents, Katie, and our videographers! And Katie wanted to capture all of it!
    Katie and her crew were prepared for anything and she was in constant contact the morning of our wedding. It was pouring rain and she was completely open to still going through with our plan to walk everywhere. Luckily, the weather turned and we got a beautiful afternoon!
    What Katie captured throughout the day were genuine candids of our family enjoying a very special moment together. She helped make our tiny wedding look larger than life. We are so pleased with her work. Now the hard part is deciding which pictures to print!
    We are so grateful to Katie for capturing such an amazing day! She made the whole process very easy and she was was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Kara · Married on 06/23/2018

Incredible photographer

My wedding was on June 23, 2018, on Nantucket Island in Massachusetts. Working with Katie Kaizer was an incredible experience. From the engagement photo shoot, through the shot list planning leading up to the wedding, to the wedding day itself and the quick turnaround of the edited pictures for social media and album creation, Katie was an amazing person to work with. Katie is a consummate professional: extremely responsive, with great intuition about our needs and also an incredibly artistic eye for the perfect shot. The photos that came out of the engagement shoot and the wedding were stunning. A couple specific things I'll mention about Katie that stuck out to my husband and me: one was her personal touch. We didn't like to have "kissy shots" or lots of "PDA" and Katie was very accommodating, making us feel very comfortable during the shoot so that they were personalized to us, and suggesting locations on Nantucket that were off the beaten path and that really evoked emotion for us. Second, Katie had an incredibly positive upbeat attitude throughout everything - it was actually raining on the day of our wedding and I was kind of worried, but Katie was so positive and quick-thinking, we completely changed our plans of where the pictures would be taken and they came out amazing. She has such a great eye for amazing shots - she captured my grandmother and other members of our family in such priceless moments. Highly highly recommend Katie!!!!

Sent on 02/03/2019

Julie · Married on 06/08/2018

Amazing Nantucket wedding photo experience

Katie Kaizer was our photographer for our June 8, 2018 wedding on the island of Nantucket. She was such a joy to work with! She truly captured our special day at the White Elephant Hotel. She even captured our "first look" at Brant Point Lighthouse prior to our wedding. Katie is a true professional with being punctual and dedicated to her trade, but beyond that, she has a creative eye and really did a phenomenal job with our photos. I would highly recommend Katie Kaizer!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Katie Kaizer was (is) AMAZING! She was the most friendly, helpful, and easy-to-work with person. She offered us such great advice and worked closely with us throughout the year to ensure we were all on the same page of what we wanted. We spoke over the phone multiple times, and met up a few times prior to the wedding as well. She even met with us (and my whole family, piecemeal) a day prior to the wedding to check in, sync up on final details, iron out the timeline, and offer wisdom (and lots of positivity given our sketchy weather outlook). Day of, I was so appreciative to have her - she was not intrusive, but always there and supportive. She picked up on the vibes, read the room, and knew exactly what to deliver. She knew when to just do her thing and when to corral the troops to get group shots. She was totally on top of things so that we didn't have to worry about anything. The balance she struck was perfect. She is SO easygoing.

Aside from the wonderful experience we had with her, her photos are amazing - she really captures the feelings of the subjects, both in a more posed picture and a candid. She is also incredible at capturing light and movement. I loved everything about working with Katie (and her second shooter, Cary) and our parents and family loved them, too. We couldn't consider ourselves any luckier to have had such an amazing person to help celebrate and capture our day. I would HIGHLY recommend Katie Kaizer Photography to any and everyone - she is truly the best!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2017

Katie is amazing!! She took so many pictures! We got married in Roatan, Honduras. She flew from Nantucket. We have so many pictures that are awesome, its hard to pick a favorite. I was always told that photos are one of the most important parts of your wedding. She definitely fulfilled that! She also is just such and interesting person! Being a destination wedding we all spent a lot of time together. She was there for all the important moments and ran into each other on the beach at times, always had her camera on her to capture any moment she could. Even at the airport when she landed, the majority of our guest were on her flight. We met them at the airport, she captured all the joy of our families landing as we passed out welcome bags. She got some amazing photos of the culture of Roatan, why we love the island so much. If I could rate over 5.0 I would!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

Katie was an incredible part of our wedding day and captured every moment to perfection. She was creative, thoughtful and fun throughout our big day and we are so grateful she was a part of it!

Sent on 05/08/2018