Katie Kaizer Photography Reviews

Katie Kaizer Photography 6
Katie Kaizer Photography 7

Shaunna Glowacki · Married on 06/28/2018

Amazing experience!

We got married on June 28, 2018 on Nantucket. We planned a very small event within a couple of months, so we were thrilled when Katie was available! From the start, she was excited about our plan to make this an "on the fly" wedding. We'd walk to pick up flowers on the way to the Dreamland Theater for the ceremony and then head out to Cisco Brewery to celebrate with family and friends. The only people who knew anything about our ceremony were our parents, Katie, and our videographers! And Katie wanted to capture all of it!
    Katie and her crew were prepared for anything and she was in constant contact the morning of our wedding. It was pouring rain and she was completely open to still going through with our plan to walk everywhere. Luckily, the weather turned and we got a beautiful afternoon!
    What Katie captured throughout the day were genuine candids of our family enjoying a very special moment together. She helped make our tiny wedding look larger than life. We are so pleased with her work. Now the hard part is deciding which pictures to print!
    We are so grateful to Katie for capturing such an amazing day! She made the whole process very easy and she was was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Kara · Married on 06/23/2018

Incredible photographer

My wedding was on June 23, 2018, on Nantucket Island in Massachusetts. Working with Katie Kaizer was an incredible experience. From the engagement photo shoot, through the shot list planning leading up to the wedding, to the wedding day itself and the quick turnaround of the edited pictures for social media and album creation, Katie was an amazing person to work with. Katie is a consummate professional: extremely responsive, with great intuition about our needs and also an incredibly artistic eye for the perfect shot. The photos that came out of the engagement shoot and the wedding were stunning. A couple specific things I'll mention about Katie that stuck out to my husband and me: one was her personal touch. We didn't like to have "kissy shots" or lots of "PDA" and Katie was very accommodating, making us feel very comfortable during the shoot so that they were personalized to us, and suggesting locations on Nantucket that were off the beaten path and that really evoked emotion for us. Second, Katie had an incredibly positive upbeat attitude throughout everything - it was actually raining on the day of our wedding and I was kind of worried, but Katie was so positive and quick-thinking, we completely changed our plans of where the pictures would be taken and they came out amazing. She has such a great eye for amazing shots - she captured my grandmother and other members of our family in such priceless moments. Highly highly recommend Katie!!!!

Katie Kaizer Photography 8
    Katie Kaizer Photography 9

Julie · Married on 06/08/2018

Amazing Nantucket wedding photo experience

Katie Kaizer was our photographer for our June 8, 2018 wedding on the island of Nantucket. She was such a joy to work with! She truly captured our special day at the White Elephant Hotel. She even captured our "first look" at Brant Point Lighthouse prior to our wedding. Katie is a true professional with being punctual and dedicated to her trade, but beyond that, she has a creative eye and really did a phenomenal job with our photos. I would highly recommend Katie Kaizer!

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Katie Kaizer was (is) AMAZING! She was the most friendly, helpful, and easy-to-work with person. She offered us such great advice and worked closely with us throughout the year to ensure we were all on the same page of what we wanted. We spoke over the phone multiple times, and met up a few times prior to the wedding as well. She even met with us (and my whole family, piecemeal) a day prior to the wedding to check in, sync up on final details, iron out the timeline, and offer wisdom (and lots of positivity given our sketchy weather outlook). Day of, I was so appreciative to have her - she was not intrusive, but always there and supportive. She picked up on the vibes, read the room, and knew exactly what to deliver. She knew when to just do her thing and when to corral the troops to get group shots. She was totally on top of things so that we didn't have to worry about anything. The balance she struck was perfect. She is SO easygoing.

Aside from the wonderful experience we had with her, her photos are amazing - she really captures the feelings of the subjects, both in a more posed picture and a candid. She is also incredible at capturing light and movement. I loved everything about working with Katie (and her second shooter, Cary) and our parents and family loved them, too. We couldn't consider ourselves any luckier to have had such an amazing person to help celebrate and capture our day. I would HIGHLY recommend Katie Kaizer Photography to any and everyone - she is truly the best!

Katie Kaizer Photography 10
    Katie Kaizer Photography 11
    Katie Kaizer Photography 12
    Katie Kaizer Photography 13
    Katie Kaizer Photography 14

Samantha · Married on 09/24/2017

Katie is amazing!! She took so many pictures! We got married in Roatan, Honduras. She flew from Nantucket. We have so many pictures that are awesome, its hard to pick a favorite. I was always told that photos are one of the most important parts of your wedding. She definitely fulfilled that! She also is just such and interesting person! Being a destination wedding we all spent a lot of time together. She was there for all the important moments and ran into each other on the beach at times, always had her camera on her to capture any moment she could. Even at the airport when she landed, the majority of our guest were on her flight. We met them at the airport, she captured all the joy of our families landing as we passed out welcome bags. She got some amazing photos of the culture of Roatan, why we love the island so much. If I could rate over 5.0 I would!

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

Katie was an incredible part of our wedding day and captured every moment to perfection. She was creative, thoughtful and fun throughout our big day and we are so grateful she was a part of it!

Katie Kaizer Photography 15

Lee · Married on 09/10/2017

Weddings can be a stressful time anyway, but when I was faced with planning a wedding on Nantucket (a place I had never been and my daughter only once) from our home in Mississippi, I was a little apprehensive. Katie Kaizer was the first photographer I contacted. Even though on vacation, she got in touch with me at once and was helpful from the very beginning. From our first meeting in June until the wedding September 10 (and afterwards), she has been nothing but reassuring and positive with needed advice along the way. The day of the wedding she and Cary carried out their work in a professional, unobtrusive yet personable manner. They looked for and were able to capture the stories behind special aspects of the wedding; their work also shows the joy and beauty of Elizabeth and Michael's special day at The Summerhouse Resort in Sconset. She and Cary took the windy day on the beach and used it for stunning photographs.
    Many thanks to them both!

Kim · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Katie and Cary! They were so kind and made us feel so comfortable while capturing the memories of our wedding. Katie was wonderful from the beginning and always responded quickly to any emails and answered all of my questions. She knows the island so well and knew where to get some of the most beautiful pictures. We would highly recommended Katie to photograph any event or occasion!

Shannon · Married on 06/24/2017

I absolutely loved everything about working with Katie! She made everything about my wedding day and the experience leading up to it beyond special and amazing. She was very thoughtful about how we approached the big day and was sure to include absolutely everything I wanted. Throughout the entire wedding planning process and day of, Katie was so upbeat and cheerful, and my entire family and wedding party also loved her. She made me feel at ease about everything, and I will definitely use her again for family portraits next time I am in Nantucket. She's the best!

Katie Kaizer Photography 16
    Katie Kaizer Photography 17
    Katie Kaizer Photography 18
    Katie Kaizer Photography 19
    Katie Kaizer Photography 20

Angelina · Married on 06/18/2017

Katie is incredible. She is very easy to work with and so fun to have around. She is very responsive and great at communicating. You feel so comfortable that you forget she's working and not just a friend or family. Our wedding elopement on the tiny remote island of Tuckernuck this past June was captured so perfectly. Having Katie join us for the day, taking our boat over to the little island, and having an easy going day with a bbq, games and some fishing with our family was the best decision we ever made. Our photos are perfect, she is so incredibly talented. Best decision !

Katie Kaizer Photography 21
    Katie Kaizer Photography 22
    Katie Kaizer Photography 23
    Katie Kaizer Photography 24

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2017

So cheerful and great at capturing the moment!

Brittany · Married on 06/03/2017

We LOVED working with Katie!! We had a long engagement, and actually hired Katie nearly two years before our wedding since we knew we wanted to have her photograph our wedding weekend! We met with Katie many times before our wedding this past June - she was always super responsive and always made time to meet with us when we were on Nantucket! She was SO great to work with for all of the events (she photographed our rehearsal dinner, lawn games/BBQ day, welcome night and wedding). Katie (and Cary as her second-shooter for the wedding itself) was amazing at capturing the entire weekend as we remembered it - it's been so fun to go through all of the pictures she sent us! We would highly recommend Katie and would most certainly use her again!!

Tom · Married on 06/03/2017

Thank you for giving me one of the best gifts a father of the bride could ever receive! Wow what a project a wedding is! You work for a year on details so as to insure everything is perfect. You “help” pick out the dress (at least I did) You pick the flowers, the venue, a great band. You find the very best caterer to make sure you have the finest food. Last to choose is the most important piece of this incredible puzzle And that is the photographer! The day after the big event it’s a bit of a letdown for the parents. The party is over and the guests depart the island. Fast forward a month. A year. Or to Brittany’s and Jonah’s 5 year anniversary you won’t remember the flowers. You will have forgotten the songs you danced to. You won’t remember what you had for dinner. All you have to bring back those incredible memories are the priceless photos captured by you! That’s all I ever wanted from this most special day. Mary-Jo and I look at these wedding photos daily and it brings the most incredible smile and tears at the same time to us as we can relive that most incredible day you so magnificently captured forever for us.
    When we use the word photography it doesn’t really do justice to your work because honestly your talents are an art form no different than the finest Picasso painting. I have seen endless friend’s wedding books of their kids big day but none of these can live up to what you created for Mary-Jo and I. Everyone has the normal photos of the lineup of the bridal party. The usual picture of the bouquet and walk down the aisle etc. But you were able to spend 3 days with us and capture all those behind the scenes moments where the laughter and the fun really happened. Your skill and ability to capture those crazy, silly moments, that maybe another photographer would have seen as irrelevant or unimportant, are the best of the best!
    I cannot thank you enough for capturing forever one of the memorable events in our families lifetime!

Rosini · Married on 12/22/2016

Katie Kaizer is the absolutely best, always making sure every single detail is just perfect! She's an amazing friend and hands down the best photographer you could ever have on your special day, or like for our family, in every single opportunity we have to have her around, she's always so caring and loving, and most of all, always making sure it's a fun and relaxing time for everyone!

• Catie

Catie · Married on 10/22/2016

There are not enough good things to say about Katie Kaizer Photography. If something could go wrong on a brides's wedding day, it did, but Katie was a reassuring voice on the other end of frantic phone calls. Her flexibility and professionalism are to be admired and hard to match. Katie was constantly in contact up to and including our wedding day. For example, we had to make a switch due to the weather and the day before the wedding Katie was able to talk me through shadows and the best positioning of the ceremony, one detail many brides are left to figure out on their own. Her advice and knowledge helped us with the decision to move the wedding with ease and she reduced our stress tremendously. Aside from our conversations about photos and shadows, Katie was encouraging, reassuring, and always one step ahead of a brides's fears (anticipating their worries with multiple solutions).
    Katie took what we wanted and created memories that will forever be captured in the photos. Her and Kathryn captured more than we could have ever imagined- embracing the beauty of the windy/rainy weather and creating these beautiful photos we will cherish forever. For two people who are uncomfortable in front of the cameras, Katie and her team were able to capture these pure, genuine moments that captures everything that is us and our family/friends. We were overly impressed with her professionalism and talent.

Alethea · Married on 10/01/2016

So happy to have worked with Katie for the wedding. Her expertise working with a extraordinary venue and all the people involved brought every moment of the day to life.

Dave · Married on 10/01/2016

Katie and I have been close friends for years. She always held a camera in her hands documenting the fun things in life, and it makes me so happy to see how much of a professional she has become! When I told her I was getting married, she practically jumped through the phone for the chance to be a part of it. We decided to get married at the picturesque property that my wife grew up on, and Katie was more than accommodating to come to the remote woods of Wisconsin. Charismatic, attentive, flexible, creative, and all around fun is only the tip of the iceberg when describing Katie. She has always been a talented photographer, and her passion shows in her craft. Memories are special, but photographs are meant for a lifetime, and her work is the perfect example of that. Great people attract great people, and the team of Katie Kaizer and her talented partner Cary Tozer are second to none. My wife Trixie and I, as well as our friends and families, will cherish these captured moments forever. Truly, my friend, thank you!!

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

It is without hesitation that I highly recommend Katie Kaizer Photography for any special occasion, wedding, family portrait, etc. Katie was professional, creative and fun. She checked in with us before the wedding weekend numerous times to plan out our wedding day with us and also asked if there was anything she could help us with our planning. We visited with Katie 2 months before the wedding for our engagements photos and she spent a few hours with us, capturing the most beautiful settings at the beach, by the Sconset lighthouse and in town. We got married in Nantucket on September 24th 2016 at St Mary's Church and had our reception at Nantucket Yacht Club. We are in love with our wedding photo's and have received numerous comments on how beautiful they are, even from people who didn't attend the wedding. We are having a hard time trying to narrow down which ones to frame because there are so many amazing options. We will definitely be using Katie again in the future and highly recommend her to anyone.

Kendall · Married on 09/18/2016

BLUF (Bottom line up front) - Katie crushed it. Our picture's are amazing and we are still in contact today. She turned what could have been a very awkward/sterile environment into something so fun and personal. Now let's start from the beginning... Katie was immediately so easy to work with, whether it was my parents reaching out or just my wife and I. She wanted to know all about us, what made our relationship tick. Having never been married before...I clearly had no idea how this process worked. Katie walked us through everything step by step, well honestly, we didn't even have to think, obviously the best part. Day of, Katie and her associate, Cary Tozer, were absolutely on top of documenting every little detail, from rings to the needlepoint belts my mother handmade that the guys wore. My wife and I elected to do a "first look" so that we could get a majority of the pictures taken so that we could enjoy happy hour, i mean cocktail hour. That was one of the most special parts of the whole wedding, and Katie directed it beautifully. We had a perfect day and all of the photos, from the pre-wedding ones at Brant Point to the ceremony at Nantucket Yacht Club to the dancing and sparklers, showed it. I just cannot get over how many good photos there are. Months later, my father still goes through them just to relive the day. And I'm not going to lie, I do NOT take good dancing photos, but Katie managed to get a few! I also think one of the best things to come out of this relationship is that it is a relationship. Katie and I are still in contact today. The photos from my wedding pop up all over the place! From Instagram to N Magazine to a Huffington Post article! If anyone is still reading, Katie helped me document one of the best days of my life, in the most special place in the world. Hire her!

Katherine · Married on 09/17/2016

Katie Kaizer was fantastic and a pleasure to work with -- from our engagement photos to our actual wedding day. She was very responsive from the moment we chatted with her about photographing our wedding; she took our requests on board and made it fun; she was detail oriented, professional and simply wonderful. At the wedding, you hardly knew she was there and yet, she captured the most wonderful moments!! I highly recommend her!

Sasha · Married on 09/10/2016

Katie is a good listener and will meet you wherever you are. If you're highly detail oriented - she is very organized and keeps track of those details - and is very prompt not only in her responses to your questions but also in scheduling time to meet either on short or advanced notice. She is always on time.

Katie is good at directing the wedding party for photos while keeping a low stress positive atmosphere which I love! She has a very relatable, kind, funny, hard working personality that I think will work for any type of client.

She listens to input in regards to what type of photos you want which is very important!

She was one of my favorite vendors for our wedding and I would highly recommend her and will hopefully have a fun occasion to use her services again in the future!

sarah · Married on 09/04/2016

Katie is an absolute pleasure to work with! She is flexible and professional, and very up to date and modern with her approach! The photos were absolutely beautiful, and she delivered them with perfection!

Sarah · Married on 09/03/2016

What a great person and photographer! We loved having Katie photograph our special day, she was a joy to work with. Katie made me very comfortable (I'm not a fan of getting my picture taken) and her positive energy was infectious. She was very willing to work within our budget and all of our family was very pleased with her results. I highly recommend Katie, she knows how to get all the right shots and her pictures are of impeccable quality!

Amy · Married on 07/14/2016

Katie is absolutely awesome! Let me start with some basics - (1) She's very responsive. She got back to me right away. I really appreciated her attention. (2) She knows what's she doing. I wanted to get married in the middle of the day in summer. She was very kind, but honest and said pictures would be better later in the day. I apprecaited that and changed my timing. (3) Her work is awesome. The proof is in the pudding as they say - her pictures are stunning. I love my pictures, but the draw for me was her blog. I love the pictures she takes! I found one of her blog posts and decided that was the wedding I wanted and I copied it! (4) Her personality is laid-back which really helped calm me down the day of the wedding. There was a rain shower passing by and Katie kept telling me it would pass. She had been following the radar. Also, she had 8 white umbrellas on hand in case it was a rainy ceremony. I couldn't ask for more.

She is respected on the island for a reason - she does a great job! Also, despite her hectic summer schedule she promptly sent me photos. I cannot say enough about this photographer. She was really everything I could hope for. She had so many great ideas - she picked the location for the ceremony and where we would go after the ceremony to take more pictures. She was very patient with this nervous bride and I'm grateful! I highly recommend her and plan on using her services for annual pictures on Nantucket.

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

Katie Kaizer was beyond amazing from the moment I started working with her (about a year ahead of my wedding). She was in constant communication to make sure I was comfortable and planned a fantastic engagement shoot leading up to the wedding. We were lucky enough to have a beautiful ceremony at the Chanticleer followed by a reception at Wade Cottages, and a magical parade through 'Sconset between the two locations. We ended the night with an amazing sparkler sendoff. The whole day was a fairytale, and Katie was there to capture it all. Her impeccable attention to detail, kind demeanor, and organized fashion make her the perfect photographer. She and her second shooter, Cary Tozer, were there to capture every candid moment. No amount of space limited their ability to get a great shot. They were able to be a part of the magic without being seen or heard. Everyone commented on their skillful maneuvers amidst the dancing in order to capture the action. I could not have asked for better photographers, and these beautiful shots are proof of it! Thank you Katie for helping to capture the greatest day of our lives so flawlessly. Link to the photos on Katie's blog here: https://katiekaizerphoto.wordpress.com/2016/06/24/kelly-allans-fairy-tale-wedding-in-sconset/