Garden Grove, CA 92844 Map · Phone number

About KATHY HUYNH ARTISTRY

Kathy Huynh is a free lance makeup artist based in Garden Grove, California. She specializes in weddings, special occasions, beauty and commercial makeup artistry. Her passion is using makeup to create beautiful pieces of art. She sees beauty in everything and loves making others feel beautiful as well as giving them that extra boost of confidence. Weddings quickly became her primary interest because she loves to see the glow on the bride's face on the happiest day of her life. Kathy is not only a makeup artist but she is also a consultant and always giving brides advice on what she feels would make them look best without compromising their identity. Her philosophy is every woman is beautiful and makeup is just a tool to enhanced their beauty, not to cover it up. After all, "less is always more."

Kathy first started her journey as a makeup artist when family members would come to her on special occasions for makeup services and advice. Immediately, she fell in love with the process of beautifying another person and seeing the excited gleam in their eyes when she finished. After many years, Kathy decided to get professional training in makeup artistry and joined the Couture Academy of Modern Make-Up Artistry, mentored by Gia Deo, in Newport Beach, Ca. She also attended a hands-on training with celebrity makeup artist Scott Barnes (JLo's makeup artist) to learn his techniques. Since becoming certified with CAMMUA, Kathy has worked with multiple photographers on creative styled photoshoots, prints, editorial and weddings.

While Kathy offers her services at affordable prices, she does not compromise the quality of her work. This means all products used on her clients are pro brands, such as: MAC, Makeup Forever, Embroylise, Gratobian, Kryolan, Urban Decay, Anastasia Beverly Hills and etc.

For inquiries or questions on makeup services and pricing, please email Kathy at kathyhuynhartistry@gmail.com or text at 714-722-2003 :)

Check out her work at: www.kathyhuynhartistry.com

IG: @Kathyhuynhartistry and FB: Kathy Huynh Artistry

3 Reviews for KATHY HUYNH ARTISTRY

1 User photo

KATHY HUYNH ARTISTRY 1

Chihiro S · Married on 07/27/2019

Great people to work with!

I hired Kathy Huynh Artistry for my wedding in July 2019 and had the most amazing experience. Linda was my hair and makeup artist, and she was absolutely the best! First off, her work is incredible - I showed her a picture of a hair style I wanted and she literally made it come to life!!! My makeup was flawless and stayed on literally all night, despite the many crying. But what’s so special about Linda was how incredibly sweet she is and her professionalism. She arrived an hour (hour!) early to the venue, and didn’t even show any frustration when I arrived late, and was so calm and sweet accommodating all my small requests on the makeup throughout the session. She’s an amazing HMU artist, and also just simply someone you’d want to be around on your special day when you’re so nervous and anxious!!!

And although Kathy and Amy didn’t actually do my hair or makeup, their coordination and support from the moment I contacted them, through our trial, to my wedding day was just beyond perfect. They were both there on my trial day making sure I was getting the look I wanted, kept in touch until my wedding day answering every question and request I made, and I was super impressed that every little thing I had ever mention to Amy was all passed on to Linda by the wedding day!

They are such a trustworthy, honest and hard working team and you would not regret meeting these people! Thank you Kathy, Amy and Linda, you have made my wedding day so amazing.

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Kong · Married on 05/02/2019

Excellent service

First off, this review doesn't even describe how well the services were provided for myself as the bride. As the bride, Kathy and Amy are seriously a dynamic duo!!! I contacted them as I found them on instagram through a friend who used them as a makeup/hair artist. I have been following them for awhile and when it was time for contacting them I did. They have great communication and are prompt with responding in the emails.

I did my trial March 2019 as I did the day of our engagement shoot. Kathy and Amy made me feel so at ease and asked the right questions and I trusted their instinct and professionalism. I wanted a natural look and Kathy pulled it off. I trusted her because I am the type of person who doesn't really wear make up a lot. She made me feel at ease and comfortable. Amy is amazing when it came to hair. I have thin hair and I have a spot that is just balding"due to stress probably" haha. She covered that spot up so well and in my engagement pictures it doesn't show at all. I got so many compliments from my engagement photos. The makeup and hair lasted all day as my trial was from 6-8am and my engagement shoot wasn't until 5pm in Joshua Tree.

Forward to May 2019, the wedding day is here. They were on time to the hotel and were so prepared because I got a suite and i didn't know we had enough space/furniture that they needed. They came in the suite and literally worked the room like a BOSS! That room was transformed in like 5-10minutes and we got started right away. They were more than on schedule and things went so smoothly. There was myself, 5 bridesmaids, 4 family members, and flower girl hair. Kathy brought 3 other team members (Linda, Yen, and Julie) with her and she made it work! We were more than on time to the venue and everyone loved their hair and makeup. Everyone that got their hair and makeup done was so happy how professional, nice, and easy going they were. They loved their looks that day.

Speaking for myself as the bride, I loved my look even more the day of the wedding. I felt super gorgeous on my wedding day!!! I even went darker lipstick that day because I wanted too! LOL. My makeup and hair stayed all night even with me dancing at my wedding. I love to dance. I only had to blot once and makeup stayed on just fine. Hair curls was intact all night just a little looser because I danced the night off! I love to dance and I told them I would dance. Loved my look. My wedding party and family all complimented how well Kathy and her team did. My mother in law even said it seemed as if Kathy and I were old time friends from long ago. I told her no I just met Kathy. LOL. That is how comfortable I was. This review cannot describe how grateful I am for my day and I completely recommend her if you are debating about your makeup and hair artists.

This will tell you how much I loved them that I booked a hair/makeup session with them in June 2019 for my cousin's wedding for myself and my mom because we will be taking lots of family photos again that day as well.

Kathy and Amy I thank you so much for a wonderful day. Love you guys!

Sent on 05/18/2019
  • Hana

Hana · Married on 03/23/2019

Blessed for Kathy and her team!

I really enjoyed Kathy Huynh Artistry! I’m glad to have found them through a reference from another makeup vendor, they were very professional and helped make my wedding vision come true! They respected my input and together we came up with a beautiful look for me for my wedding. I’m very satisfied with the work and would recommend them to my friends!

KATHY HUYNH ARTISTRY 2
    Sent on 03/17/2019

KATHY HUYNH ARTISTRY FAQ

• What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 125
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 175.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 200.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 80.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Consultation
    Trial Service
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Hair
    Makeup
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Updos / Styling
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Contour Makeup