Janesville, WI 53545 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Kaia Calhoun Photography

This site is all about my journeys as a professional photographer in Madison. But first and foremost I am Kaia. Kaia means “Earth” in Norwegian and I live up to that by tree hugging, dog loving, and nature walking.  My first word was “happy,” I still love to jump in puddles, I strive to live simply and self-sustainably, and my favorite color is yellow.  I’m married to a stunningly handsome, ridiculously talented, and intensely loving musician husband. We have a spunky baby girl (see more of her HERE), two furry children (see more of them HERE), and we all live happily ever after in a house on a hill in the land of southern Wisconsin.

I am a photographer bent on capturing the uniqueness in life.  I strive to serve my clients lovingly, creating a series of memories they can cherish forever, and making them my forever friends.  I shoot honest photography – real people, real colors, and real life.

My primary photographic endeavors are weddings, senior portraits, boudoir, newborns, and family photography (especially in the fall).  I offer many gorgeous products ranging from prints, to albums, to wall art products and more, but I particularly love creating my custom designed Coffee Table Albums with my clients.

Do I sound like so much fun and you are so in love with my work?  Next, step/mouse over to my “Contact” tab and let’s get started on some great pictures!

I do the majority of my photography as a Madison wedding photographer, Janesville wedding photographer, Minnesota wedding photographer, Milwaukee wedding photographer, Illinois wedding photographer, andany place that my camera will take me.  I am available for travel worldwide as your destination wedding photographer!

Follow Kaia Calhoun Photography on

img9500
kaia and josh 2013 8

7 Reviews for Kaia Calhoun Photography

Eliza · Married on 09/07/2019

Could not have been better!

If you want a skilled, high quality wedding photographer that is customer-focused, genuinely caring, and ultra-deliberate to capture shots that fit your style, Kaia is the one for you. From the beginning of the process, Kaia was very prompt with her responses and took the time to get to know us and our style. She had several questionnaires throughout the process that helped her get to know our story and what was important to us in regards to our wedding photos. One questionnaire focused on the specific images were "must-haves" for us. This not only sparked my fiancé and I to consciously sit down and determine which images we wanted, but also helped our dedicated picture time go more smoothly, since all key players knew to stick around for pictures. She captured every moment we wanted and more than we even thought about! We had endless compliments from our bridal party that she was assertive but extremely polite when setting us up for posed shots. Kaia was ultra stealthy at our wedding and reception; she never once was in the way for us or our guests. Not only are our wedding photos absolutely beautiful, Kaia made the whole process easy and stress-free.

Sent on 04/04/2020

Amazing photographer! Kaia was perfect for our wedding, and honestly I think she would be perfect for any wedding. Her photography style is beautiful, and she is laid-back, yet she still got all of the photographs that we wanted. Do not hesitate to work with her!

Sent on 08/17/2014

After viewing A Sunshine Moment's wedding portfolio, I fell in love with the pictures I was seeing. Kaia's work is unique and customized to the ones she is photographing. She strives to understand her client and their personality and bring out the best in both. A Sunshine Moment brings a sense of compassion and professionalism that makes the photography session go smoothly. As I had anticipated, I was a bit of an emotional mess the day of my wedding. On the top of my list of concerns, was that the photos would turn out well. Kaia's kind reassurance of sharing a couple shots with me and reminder that we were still "on schedule," helped me feel at ease and showcased her experience and care. Her agenda on the wedding day is exclusively focused on obtaining and delivering excellent photos to the newlyweds. Kaia definitely went the extra mile for us- she helped coordinate a schedule, she listened to our concerns and vision for our pictures, and followed us outside (TWICE!) after being asked to take "just a few more shots" with a particular backdrop. Kaia, it was a privilege and honor to work with you and we're hoping (when we're back in the area) to work with your again!

Sent on 09/03/2013

Kaia Calhoun Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review! I have a hunch who you are because you're just so sweet ;)

Merry Christmas!

Kaia Calhoun Photography Pricing

Kaia Calhoun Photography Price Rates

Kaia Calhoun Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 2200.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 2550
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Natural
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Boudoir Shoot
    Custom Graphics
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Flush Mount
    Matted Prints
    Prints
    Save the Date

• Janesville, 53545 See on map
    Location of (Kaia Calhoun Photography)