julie ireland dressmaking

222 Columbus Avenue, suite 415, San Francisco, CA 94133 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About julie ireland dressmaking

Julie Ireland Dressmaking offers custom made wedding gowns to brides looking for the perfect gown. I can work from a photo, or a description of a bride's dream dress. Far more successful than a sketch and some swatches, I favor a full scale design process so the bride is able to see her dream dress evolve, make changes to her original design ideas if desired, to ensure that the final design is exactly what she wants. With custom gowns, the final gown is a perfect fit, so alteration expenses are taken care of!

I also offers services for brides who have found a dress and require alterations, redesigns and additions to make it a perfect fit.

Please watch my video!

julie ireland dressmaking 2
julie ireland dressmaking 3
julie ireland dressmaking 4

Kelsey · Married on 04/21/2018

Julie is such a talented seamstress and I would 100% recommend her for wedding dress alterations! I bought my dress from BHLDN and wanted someone local to do my alterations - after a lot of research I ended up reaching out to Julie. I have nothing but great things to say about the whole experience. She was professional, fun to be around, had my dress ready before when she quoted me and charged me a fair price. My dress came in a few pieces and was a lot more complicated to alter than I had originally described, but Julie made it look like the dress was made for me. I only wish I could wear it again :) Thanks Julie!

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth S Pogrebnyak · Married on 09/03/2017

Julie is the most amazing dressmaker in the Bay Area

Julie is an amazing dress maker. I reached out to her on a friend's recommendation, when I started looking for a wedding dress. I quickly realized that I am not going to find exactly what I am looking for, while shopping around San Francisco. My (now) husband is Indian. I wanted a dress that would be a nod to both of our cultures: I wanted a dress that is white, but still has bold and beautiful designs on it. With Julie, we quickly selected the perfect fabric: white with bright fuchsia flowers. It was dreamy and bridal, but at the same time, somehow tropical. I wanted lace to be a part of the ensemble, and Julie helped me find the perfect lace to match. Then we went on to construct the dress together in muslin. I showed her a million pictures of my favorite weddings: my friends, celebrities, some red carpet looks... and with this nebulous set of ideas, Julie constructed over and over again, a concoction in muslin. She was patient, creative, supportive and kind. Infinitely excited about MY wedding! That was a really big unexpected bonus: with her creativity, and extraordinary sunny personality, Julie was able to pick me up during what turned out to be a stressful time! I suppose I am not the only bride to be overwhelmed by her wedding, but working together with Julie was truly a pleasure.

While we were working on a muslin copy of the dress, Julie encouraged me to find appropriate underwear and the right shoes. This was good thinking: with comfortable undergarments and shoes, she was able to tailor the dress around my choices.

The day of... I can't describe it. My dress was PERFECT. I am normally not a big fan of perfection, but this dress... I will repeat it again: was PERFECT! It was dreamy, a little bit sexy (but not such that I would shock my family), and 100% me. No, scratch that: 120% me. And on top of the beauty of the style, it was superbly comfortable. After a long day, it was as comfortable as pyjamas, but of course, looked nothing like pyjamas.

I really loved working with Julie on my wedding dress. I liked it so much, in fact, that I still work with her on certain very special items of clothing. She has my business and she has my heart! She is meticulous, creative, punctual and fun! If you are considering having a bespoke dress made for your wedding, I don't think anyone in San Francisco can do a better job! She is the best!

julie ireland dressmaking 5
    julie ireland dressmaking 6
    julie ireland dressmaking 7
    julie ireland dressmaking 8

julie ireland dressmaking FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999
  • How do you price dress alterations? By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride, Mother of the Bride, Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Alterations, Appointments Only, Full Customization
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Dress Replicas, Formal Gowns, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months