1822 Fourth Street, Berkeley, CA 94710 Map · Phone number

Emerald City Gowns 6
Emerald City Gowns 7
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 06/22/2019

Beyond Amazing experience for my PERFECT gown!

We had two apts that day, one at Emerald City Gowns, and another at a fancy boutique in SF. When we got to Emerald City, we were greeted by the nicest girl and I regret that I can no longer remember her name (She was super cute and had really curly black shorter hair). She was dressed so cute, hair and makeup done and was so happy, she seemed to really love her job. She worked with us, was super flexible and allowed me to try on anything I (or the people I was with) wanted. While there, I found the perfect gently used gown that online was $8,000, and had the most perfect embroidery lace of an $8,000 gown. Although, knowing I had the other apt, I paid a small fee to put my dress on hold and we went to SF. In this fancy boutique, the saleswoman was dressed in ripped jeans and a t-shirt, acted like we were a bother (even though we had an appointment) but whatever, I tried not to let it bother me. I tried on a few dressed, and they were all beautiful but so tight I could barely walk, never mind dance. We decided the first dress was the one, we quickly called her back at Emerald City 5 minutes before they closed and raced back over there. She stayed open an extra 25 minutes after closing for us, waiting for us to come back.. and once we did, she did not rush us a single bit. I tried the dress on once more to make sure, we popped a bottle of champagne, and I said Yes to the Dress! Thank you to this place for being so accommodating, to the sale woman who was beyond a pleasure to work with, and for allowing me to get the $8,000 gown of my dreams, gently used and in perfect condition for only $1,300!!!

Sent on 07/20/2019
    Emerald City Gowns 8
    Emerald City Gowns 9
    Emerald City Gowns 10
  • Zoe

Zoe · Married on 04/26/2019

Awesome bridal store

After trying on dresses at three other dress shops, we finally found where we were meant to be. This bridal shop is not pretentious but it’s classy and intimate with so many options of dresses. The staff was helpful and involved but not overbearing. I found two dresses that I loved and it is staff did not seem irritated that I kept wavering between the both of them and urged me to keep trying on both. I could not be happier with my choice and I’m so grateful for this j I found two dresses that I loved and it is staff did not seem irritated that I kept wavering between the both of them and urged me to keep trying on both. I could not be happier with my choice and I’m so grateful for this shop!!

Sent on 05/13/2019
    Emerald City Gowns 11
    Emerald City Gowns 12
    Emerald City Gowns 13
    Emerald City Gowns 14
  • Paloma

Paloma · Married on 04/06/2019

A sustainable shop with a wide variety of dresses

I went all over the SF Bay Area in search of my dream dress. I even made a consultation to come up with a custom gown when I realized that what I wanted was at Emerald City Gowns all along. I was the kind of bride who thought she knew what she wanted until I came across the dress I could actually imagine myself walking down the aisle in. Sonja helped me both of the times I came in and it is all thanks to her that I found my dress. It was fun being styled and felt good knowing the environmental impact of choosing a consignment gown. ECG also has samples for sale as well as some made to order gowns. I highly recommend a stop at this shop, especially for anyone as unsure as I was. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Sent on 04/29/2019

Award

Emerald City Gowns FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns? Under $500, $500 - $999, $1,000 - $2,499, $2,500 - $3,999, $4,000 - $6,499
  • Who do you provide services for? Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide? Consignment, Sample Sales
  • Which of the following items do you offer? Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown? Less than 6 months