6817 Brimstone Lane, Fairfax Station, VA 22039 Map · Phone number

About Julia MacInnis Photography

It’s all about love and emotion. I love the romance, the relationships, the celebration, the intertwining of it all! Admittedly, I even cry at the weddings I shoot. How lucky I am to be a part of such an exciting and momentous day. Photography is my second career and I am often overwhelmed with the gift I have been given. It never feels like work to me. To be able to do what I love and get compensated for it is incomparable. Consequently, my passion for photography shows in my work. My commitment is to make your wedding photography exciting and fun so that you are not uncomfortable or awkward. This ultimately allows me present you with the most compelling images to “ohhh” and “ahhh” over. I am always striving to improve upon what I know and do as well as stay on top of current trends in the industry. This assures you the best out there.

What I will do on your wedding day is CAPTURE LIFE. To hold perfect those moments which are fleeting when you are getting ready, sharing a laugh, hugging your loved one, exchanging vows – moments of life that happen so fast you forget they existed. You take away one thing from your wedding day – these memories; and the images bring it all back to life. Invest wisely in this aspect of your day and let me help you create this day to remember forever.

Please be sure to check out my blog with my most recent shoots!

Follow Julia MacInnis Photography on

ziegler03
ziegler06

29 Reviews for Julia MacInnis Photography

Matt · Married on 10/05/2013

I am sure there are many wonderful wedding photographers on Wedding Wire. But if I were you, I would not look any further than Julia MacInnis. After meeting for the initial consult we knew she was the perfect photographer for our wedding. It only takes a short conversation to see her professionalism and passion for her work. A few months before our wedding we booked an engagement session with Julia. After two postponements due to weather, we dragged her to Eastern Market on a 90 degree day in July. Julia took the temp in stride and overcame the not-so-ideal light to capture wonderful photos. We had a few requests for specific photos on our wedding day but having looked through a few of her previous wedding shoots we told her to go with her instincts for the rest. So glad we did! We just received our final photos and they are incredible! Our wedding day was a complete blur but we will always have the memories and the photos Julia captured for us. Thank you Julia!

Sent on 12/15/2013

Devon · Married on 09/21/2013

Julia was great. She walked my husband and I through our engagement photos and they came out great. She even picked the location and it was adorable. When it came to the wedding, she was there but she didn't stick out like a sore thumb. She was great with making sure we got all the shots we requested. When my flower girls (2 1/2) was acting up she was able to get her to sit and smile for the group photo! The pictures we have seen so far are great and we can't wait to see the rest!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Christine · Married on 09/08/2013

Julia did a FANTASTIC job photographing our wedding! We had only talked on the phone, and not met in person because we were planning our second wedding in a short time period. Nevertheless, she did a great job listening to what we wanted, and we felt like we had really good chemistry when we met in person on the big day. She was everywhere without being intrusive, she made everyone smile and feel natural with ease, she captured the spirit of the day and just took wonderful pictures everywhere, of everyone! She took a ton of pictures of my daughters and their friends doing their own things, and they are some of my favorite pictures. I don't know Julia well, but she is just a radiant person who takes so much pleasure in her work. I would very very happily recommend Julia to anyone who has a wedding coming up. I am certain we will find other opportunities to take advantage of Julia's great photography in the years to come!

Sent on 12/08/2013

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Julia MacInnis Photography FAQ

• What primary photographic style do you identify with? Contemporary
  • What photography services do you offer? Liability Insurance
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount

• Occasionally Cake
    Occasionally Cake Wedding Cakes

Julia's pictures are amazing and I highly recommend her work! She is fun to work with and she always gets the shot!

• MyDeejay
    MyDeejay Wedding DJs

Julia great to work with! It's obvious that she puts a lot of effort and focus into each of her weddings, and the payoff is fantastic images and a team of happy vendors. Highly recommend!

• Superlative Events
    Superlative Events Wedding Decor & Lighting

Julia has a great personality and it's easy to feel comfortable with her when taking pictures. She's able to capture the moment and guide everyone at the same time to get truly exceptional shots. I liked working with her so much at an event she's doing the photography for my wedding:) She's got really great packages that make it easy to get incredible photography and display it in unique ways.

• 6817 Brimstone Lane Fairfax Station, 22039 See on map