Nashville, TN 37214 Map · Phone number

About John Gentry Photography

John Gentry has been described as a photographer with “raw artistic talent and dedicated discipline.” Other clients simply say, “I never knew my pictures could be that cool. I never knew I could look that good.” One of the few photographers in middle Tennessee certified by the Professional Photographers of America, the most recognized organization in the United States for the field, Gentry continues to raise the bar on what you expect from photography by orchestrating perfect photographs that remain timeless for years to come.

A native of Nashville, Gentry grew up in Nolensville, Tenn. It was at college that he met the love of his life, his wife and business partner Lori. Together, they orchestrate a seamless experience that will leave you with a smile. One of their favorite things about being in this industry is meeting new couples and creating a one-of-a-kind experience for their wedding day.

“For most brides, photography is one of the most important things to consider on their wedding day,” says Lori. “Those photographs are the only thing you will have when this amazing day is over and the only thing you will have to pass down to your children and their children. It’s imperative that it be perfect.”

Gentry has over 10 years experience and also specialized training in portraiture and lighting in a commercial environment, and his style is ever-changing. He captures amazing angles and perspectives you would have never imagined, and it’s this kind of photographic art that leaves his clients in awe.

Gentry first began taking pictures after hearing friends and family say they don’t look good in pictures. “I thought well why not?” he says. “The reason is because they were either uncomfortable or they didn’t enjoy the interaction between them and the photographer.”Gentry set out to change all of that by treating others like he would want to be treated and always creating the most enjoyable, relaxing experience possible.

“We handle weddings and take your picture like we would want our special day and pictures taken,” he says. “On that day, we do more than capture moments; we act as your emotional navigator throughout the day, helping you at every step.”

From creative black and white or vintage shots to high and low angles that capture the perfect you, John Gentry goes above and beyond, spending time with each client and discovering all of his or her needs and wants. The result is treasured memories constructed in such a beautiful way, you can’t help but fall in love.

Please contact us today:

1aab49d95e54a50b 1341005118144 0429
RB0219

24 Reviews for John Gentry Photography

Janet · Married on 06/10/2017

John wants you to have the best quality photos. When it was supposed to rain during our engagement session, he called me and made sure we found a time later that week that worked for both of us. He did such a great job getting me and my fiancé to relax and be ourselves!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Carrie · Married on 01/25/2014

Not only did we love our wedding photos & enjoy working with John Gentry but so did our wedding party and guests. Everyone raved at the incredible photos we have to choose from our wedding & engagement and how nice John & his team were to work with. You won't find a photographer that will give you any better value, service or quality than John Gentry Photography. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Heather · Married on 09/21/2013

Working with John Gentry for my wedding was a great decision that my husband and I made in 2013. I hired John as our photographer and my husband was nervous because John was referred to me by one of my friends, not one of his. But after our engagement photo shoot, my husband was so thankful that I found John. His professionalism was obvious, his pricing was very reasonable and our photos were trendy, yet timeless. I would recommend John to anyone getting married, and I plan to use him again in the future for major life events (babies, family photos, etc!)

Sent on 03/25/2014

John Gentry Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Toning, Prints
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 3,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Toning, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, Hand-Coloring, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Toning, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Negatives, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

• Nashville Event Planning
    Nashville Event Planning Wedding Planners

Love working with John and Lori. They are so professional and pleasant to work with. They worked with us on the timeline to keep the day flowing and we never got behind on or timeline! I would recommend them to any of my clients and their one for capturing that special moment is unreal! Look forward to working with you both again in the near future!

• Decadent Details Events
    Decadent Details Events Wedding Planners

John Gentry Photography never ceases to amaze us! We are always excited to have the opportunity to work along side them! John has the most professional, creative, trendsetting eyes to make your wedding photography absolutely stunning! He and his wife, Lori, are an awesome team to work with and bring talent and fun to any wedding or event! You will love them from the moment they say "hello"!

• Audio Video Art
    Audio Video Art Wedding Videographers

John Gentry and his team are a pleasure to work with. They embrace working with other vendors as a team to accomplish the brides vision not just from a photography aspect but of her wedding day as a whole. I can honestly say that they are some of the best I have worked with. Matt Audio Video Art

• Nashville, 37214 See on map