1188 Ben Collier Road, Charlotte, TN 37036 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 39
  • Real Weddings 5

About Front Porch Farms

Front Porch Farms is a wedding venue located in Charlotte, Tennessee. This established venue and event planning business has hosted over 350 celebrations including notable weddings for Dave and Kelli Haywood, Kings of Leon's Jared and Martha Followill, Thomas and Lauren Rhett, and American Idol winner David Cook and wife Rachael.

There is a reason why couples across the country leave glowing reviews as this venue has become one of the top destination wedding locations in Nashville. Combine the stellar staff experience, exceptional vendor connections, and the picturesque charm of the venue, you can experience the day you’ve always dreamed of.

Whether your guests ride one of the popular shuttle buses, take an Uber, or lodge near or onsite, it's easy to see why this short scenic drive outside the city is the ideal location for a romantic wedding day celebration with friends and family.

Front Porch Farms features indoor and outdoor options for ceremony and reception. This includes a 3,200 square-foot reception hall, 800 square-foot adjoining barn, the three-story classic manor with multiple covered porches, groom's apartment and bridal suite, and more. The main house also operates as a B&B for overnight accommodations. These areas are all nestled on 32 acres of rolling green pastures, oak trees, and gardens. Packages include complimentary event planning, tables, chairs, floral design of your choosing, a variety of catering options, and many other options as needed.

Follow Front Porch Farms on

Videos 1 Video

96 Reviews for Front Porch Farms

G Hagerman · Married on 07/18/2020

Front Porch Farms = The Wedding Venue Front-Runner

My wife and I got engaged on Christmas Eve 2019. No sooner had the new year rolled in than she (certainly the better half!) began researching wedding venues. That is when she came across Front Porch Farms in Tennessee. It was the first AND last venue that we visited!

Now, my wife didn’t tell me until after the fact, but our visit to Charlotte/Ashland City on that mid-January day wasn’t really a reconnaissance mission, as she was already confident that Front Porch Farms was THE one. To her credit, she was right. Admittedly, I am generally a little slower when making “big(ger)” decisions, as I like to see all of my options first, but sometimes in life, you just know right away. Before we even left the property that day, my mind was made up. Like my wife, I just felt it in my gut that this was THE place. Almost seven months later (and nearly a month after our wedding), I write this review, knowing that without a doubt, we made the right decision. Even now, my mind continues to replay the brilliant scenes of our wedding day at Front Porch Farms over and over again - such was its magic.

So, if you are a couple looking for a venue for your upcoming wedding, I would strongly encourage you to consider Front Porch Farms - even if you do not live in Tennessee (my wife and I don’t!). I will summarize our experience as best as I can, in hopes that it proves helpful to you and yours. Here goes! ...

The venue itself at Front Porch Farms (FPF) is so picturesque, it’s almost absurd - and I mean that in the best of ways. Hopefully, if you are reading this, you have seen photos; I can assure you that what you see in them is the real deal. FPF includes a beautiful house seated atop a hill, commanding a remarkable panorama of surrounding hills, lush trees, and grassy fields. The venue also contains a reception pavilion, bridal suite, cottage/guesthouse, and outdoor lounge areas, to name a few other amenities. As far as the ceremony site goes, FPF provides several options. However, in my eyes, you cannot top the great oak tree on the hill. I’m a massive J. R. R. Tolkien fan, so when I first saw the tree, it reminded me of the Party Tree in Hobbiton in The Lord of the Rings. I couldn’t pass that up. Fortunately, my wife humored me! If you decide to go with FPF for your wedding, know that it will surely leave a lasting impression. It’s been almost a month now since we were married there and we still have friends, family, and other guests that attended reminisce about its beauty.

Kathy Best (FPF owner and event planner) was a joy to work with. She was very professional, knowledgeable, and supportive of our hopes and desires for the big day. You can tell that she and her team have been doing this for a while, as they seem to have things down to a science. Yet, I want to point out that this does not mean that we were ever treated as just another couple or that our wedding was just another event. On the contrary, Kathy made us feel like VIPs. From start to finish (that is, from our first visit to the property to the end of our wedding day), Kathy went above and beyond to ensure that it was what WE wanted it to be. Along with Alex Westerhouse (in-house floral and event stylist), Kathy tailored everything to match/reflect our personal tastes and style. In short, the look of our wedding was very much us. My wife and I had envisioned a smaller, more intimate wedding and Kathy and Co. totally honored that throughout the process. It turned out gorgeous.

Looking back, I can honestly say that having Kathy as our planner/coordinator was definitely one of our wisest decisions. My wife and I made the choice early on to put the onus on someone else. What with all of the moving pieces, we knew that we might become overwhelmed trying to do it all ourselves, which would keep us from enjoying the buildup to the event and especially the wedding day itself. By putting the weightier stuff on Kathy’s shoulders, my wife and I were able to be fully present in the moment at our wedding. And, Kathy handled it wonderfully. I was actually pretty stunned when it was all over, because I kept expecting something at least minor to go wrong (such is the case with almost every wedding, or so I’ve heard), but nothing ever did. (And, if it did, we didn’t even notice!) I credit Kathy for this, as she kept things running smoothly, was attentive to people’s needs, and made helpful suggestions by reading the situation (e.g. encouraging guests to stay in their air-conditioned cars until right before the ceremony on account of the heat). I’m not sure if it’s normal to say this, but our wedding was pretty much stress-free (and mind you, it was a stiflingly hot and humid July afternoon in Tennessee during the COVID-19 pandemic! #SweddingDay). I would not change a thing. My wife and I still recognize just how fortunate we are to have been able to have our wedding day given the current circumstances around the globe. The fact that it still managed to be our dream wedding too was an incredible bonus.

I give Front Porch Farms top marks, because it completely exceeded our expectations. Sure, my wife and I were convinced of its quality back in January, but when our actual wedding day arrived, we were blown away by the final product. It was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined (and FUN to boot!). Of course, the actual marriage (i.e. the lifelong journey together) is the most important part, but we’re very grateful to have the special memory of our wedding day to treasure forever. Thank you, Kathy, Alex, Brian, and Co., for helping to create that special memory for us!

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Audrey

Audrey Moore · Married on 06/22/2019

Incredible Venue, with even more incredible staff!

There are not enough words to express how incredible my experience was working with Kathy and Alex at Front Porch Farms. They went above and beyond to help me create the wedding of my dreams! From the moment I chose this venue, their team took care of so many of the hard parts of the wedding planning process. After showing them my Pinterest board of decor ideas, they took those and designed a beautiful ceremony and reception set-up that was better than I could have dreamed of. They took care of flower arrangements, recommended vendors to use, coordinated the caterers, and were readily available to answer any questions I had.
    On the day of the wedding, Kathy and Alex took care of EVERYTHING so that my husband and I were able to soak in every minute of the day, stress-free. Afterwards we had not one, but two of our guests take the time to send us letters telling us how it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to. I was so lucky to have my wedding at Front Porch Farms, and I highly recommend it!

Sent on 07/12/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Front Porch Farms FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 500
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 500
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 500
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 500
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Parking
    Set Up
    Tables
    Transportation
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Server(s)
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Barn
    Farm/Ranch
    Garden
    Inn/B&B
    Mansion
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
    Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Bridal Shower
    Engagement Party
    Elopements
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Accommodations
    Lighting / Sound
    Outside Vendors
    Set Up
    Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Plated
    Server(s)
    Stations
    Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Champagne Toast
    Liquor License
    Open Bar
    Outside Alcohol
    Signature Drink
  • What event items are available?
    Aisle Markers
    Lighting
    Photo booth
    Tables
    Tents
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Shuttle
    Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    March
    July
    August
    November
    December

• Little Josh Productions Wedding Videographers

Love Front Porch Farms!! One of the best venues around!

• Live Free Photography Wedding Photographers

Exceptional venue! Totally unique atmosphere! The vibes are welcoming, bohemian, and effortlessly classic. We would recommend this place to any bride looking for the perfect location.

• Josh Bennett Photography Wedding Photographers

I loved working with Kathy at Front Porch Farms for Lauren & Zach Jackson's wedding as the videographer. Their staff were helpful throughout the day. Such a beautiful venue and I can not wait to shoot their again.

• 1188 Ben Collier Road Charlotte, TN, 37036 See on map
    615-735-4092 (Phone number)
    Location of (Front Porch Farms)