Jessica's Beauty Bar

Branford, CT View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Jessica's Beauty Bar is a wedding hair and makeup artistry company based in Branford, Connecticut. Owned and operated by professional stylist Jessica Shumway, she and her team are committed to providing an impeccable, stress-free service for couples on their wedding day. These esteemed artists are highly experienced in the beauty industry and would love to help you bring your vision to life. Proficient in hairstyling and makeup application, you can rest assured Jessica's Beauty Bar will have you looking and feeling radiant on your special day.

Jessica's Beauty Bar offers services to clients throughout Connecticut and New England. Their talented stylists will happily travel to your venue on the day of your wedding to beautify you and your party. Multiple artists can be on hand to ensure you and your crew are ready with plenty of time to spare before your event. Jessica and her team can host consultations and hair and makeup trials to fine-tune your look for your momentous occasion. You can also get eyelash extensions, ideal for your honeymoon so you don't have to worry about false lashes.

• Woman-owned

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$125

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$100

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$100

What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?

$125

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$100

Does makeup price include false lashes?

Which of the following are included in prices?

Consultation

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Group Services
Hair
Makeup
Mult. Stylists

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Haircuts
Updos / Styling
Hair Trial
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Eye Makeup
Natural Makeup
On-Site Makeup
Wedding Party Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes

What hair removal services do you offer?

Tweezing
Waxing

What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Christina
    Christina T. Married on 10/10/2021

Gorgeous wedding day look

I found Jessica by accident and it was the happiest accident ever. She had been mistagged in an IG post from my bridal shop. A simple Google search pulled her up. Her prices were more than fair and she was able to travel to me the day of the wedding but more importantly her portfolio looked great. Because of COVID wedding explosion booking so many local recommendations, I looked through A TON of artists' work. It was important to me to still look like myself (no total makeover) and I wanted more of a natural look than total glam. I loved all of Jessica's looks in her portfolio and more importantly it wasn't wedding mill where everyone from Bride to Mother of the Groom had the exact same hair and makeup. Each look suited the person. Jessica did such an amazing job for my big day and made hair and makeup the least stressful task of wedding planning!

Jessica's Beauty Bar's reply:

Thank you so much Christina for letting me be part of your day! It was a pleasure to work with you and yes totally stress free which I am always striving for. You looked beautiful!!
  • Kelli
    Kelli P. Married on 09/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Talented and easy to work with!

Jess was recommended to me for my wedding from a family friend in the beauty industry, and she did not disappoint! She nailed the vision for my own hair and the rest of my bridal party. When we had to postpone our wedding due to COVID, she was flexible and easy to work with. On the day of the wedding, she listened carefully to what everyone wanted, offered suggestions for those who weren’t sure, and ensured everyone was confident and satisfied with the outcomes. She also has such a low-key and calm demeanor when she’s working, which made me feel relaxed and like I was talking to a friend. I would highly recommend Jess and her team if you are looking for someone easy to work with who just rocks at what she does. Thank you Jess!!

Jessica's Beauty Bar's reply:

❤️❤️ thank you so much Kelli! It was such a joy working with you and your girls on your big day! I appreciate your review!!
  • Lauren
    Lauren F. Married on 08/14/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Extremely Talented and Professional!

Jess was the perfect choice for our wedding day. I told my bridesmaids that they could style their hair however they'd like for the wedding. Jess took on their ideas with a smile and elevated them to the next level. Every one of us had a unique, well-styled, fashion-forward look and each came out amazing! She is incredibly talented and we received soooo many compliments. Braids, up-dos, specialty curls - she can do it all and do it well. 10/10 would recommended. Thank you, Jess!

Jessica's Beauty Bar's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren! I had so much fun getting you and your girls ready!! You all looked beautiful!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Jessica Shumway
Jessica Shumway
Owner/Stylist

Hey! Im Jess & I am a passionate stylist who grew up in Wallingford, CT. I didnt always know I was going to be in the beauty industry, I just knew I was meant to do something great and just needed to find out what that was.

I graduated from Central Connecticut State University in 2009 with a Bachelors degree and alot of loans and still no path of where i wanted to go.

Before, Bridal hair was even a career choice my cousin asked me to do her hair for her wedding before I even know how to properly execute a romantic upstyle. I was so nervous but i went for it and I nailed it! I knew at that moment I belonged in the beauty industry.

I completed cosmetology school in 2012, received my license and got my first job as a bridal hair stylist with one of the most saught out companies at the time. I learned from the best for many years and it got me to where I am today.

After 10 years of excelling in multiple areas including, bridal hair, eyelash extensions, makeup and hair color--i decided it was time to go off on my own and thats when I started Jessica's Beauty Bar in 2018!

Bridal hair is more than a career for me, its in my blood and truly where my passion lies.

Since launching my business, I have won an award with CT Now New Haven, been interviewed live with CT Style, been featured on Wedding Wire, Wedding Chicks and publishes in Connecticut Bride Magazine. Its been an incredible experience so far and I am eternally grateful!

I love this industry so keeping up with education and current trends is so important to me. I am confident that myself and my team can provide you with a professional service leaving you feeling more relaxed, stress free & pampered!

I look forward to working with you!

106 Montowese St Branford, CT, 06405

*By Appointment Only* (located inside of Salon 106)
Location of (Jessica's Beauty Bar)

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding