Chicago, IL 60701 Map · Phone number

About Jenelle Kappe Photography

Jenelle has an incomparable and unobtrusive photojournalistic approach to her wedding photography. She is not just a photographer, but an artist. She has the ability to capture the sweet silent passion of not only the bride and groom but of your entire wedding day. She is amazing to work with and a pleasure to work with. Hire her - you will not be dissappointed!!

Follow Jenelle Kappe Photography on

sentimental 3
GorgeousWinterWeddingNJDealCountryClubPhotoRomanceblog
vinke028503152014jk0296 2
Jenelle Kappe Photography
baltimore wedding photo tree engagement artistic r
harbour island wedding photographer bahamas0235

Jenelle Kappe Photography 6
Jenelle Kappe Photography 7
  • Cheryl

Cheryl Atkins · Married on 02/19/2019

This, my friends, is a Woman in her element

I’ve never once in my life been accused of being short-winded – So my full review is further below. BUT For those of you who skim reviews and don’t take the time to read them in full – I’ll summarize first:

As the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words”; so here’s the link to Jenelle’s blog with photos from our wedding (http://www.jenellekappe.com/blog/2019/4/14/cheryl-andrew-sandals-ochi-resort-oho-rios-jamaica-wedding-weekend). This, by itself, should be enough to post a million star review for this gal and for you to book her right this second, as I feel that Jenelle’s work is in the absolute top tier based on images alone.
    Then again, if reviews for photographers were based on their images alone, there’s a ton of incredibly talented artists in the world, and you’d still have a decision to make. And that’s where I believe her pint-size frame stands head and shoulders above the crowd. How Jenelle interacts with the couple and family/friends, how she carries herself, how she communicates is top-notch. Not to mention her endless compliments and her endearing personality. I have seen enough weddings, resulting images and resulting feedback from those in attendance to know – that these soft-skills are what set a talented artist apart from others and can make or break the experience as a whole and whether or not you remember the day as total perfection or not. And let me tell you: Jenelle is an absolute, high-caliber, all-around professional.

NOW, for those of you who love detail and read EVERY REVIEW EVER when making a big decision (me!):

I have never felt more beautiful in my life than I did the day of our wedding, and in Jenelle & Parker’s images of that day. They tell the story of the whole weekend, and in some way, the whole history of the people there with us for that moment. You can see the happiness, the emotions, the scenery, the flow of the day, the relationships with our best friends and family. Her weekend portfolio tells such a story of not only “The Big Day” but of our life with these people. Jenelle (& Parker) somehow know which moments matter most between which friends and family and capture them. We had only known this duo over e-mail for a few months and in person for 3 days and they had this sixth sense to just KNOW and capture memories in the making. Not only as they saw them through their lens, but exactly as we had FELT them in the moment. And now we get to live these memories over and over (and over and over) again in vivid detail instead of as a fading recollection over time. It’s been incredible already and will be cherished forever.

Jenelle’s calm, organized demeanor, coupled with her laid-back, go-with-the-flow vibe, took any amount of stress I could have had away. I never felt rushed or like we didn’t have enough time to stop for anything I wanted done or photographed. She made sure I had anything and everything I wanted that day, from food and drink to a photo with a cat. I also never felt like I had to “do the work” per-se and come up with the shots that I wanted or needed – as she knows what she’s doing, asks the right questions in the months leading up to the event, and is always scanning the surroundings and locations for inspiration. We also felt so comfortable with them from the moment we met on-location. I am an overly enthusiastic and chatty person, while my Husband is about the polar opposite, and we both felt that they embraced and adored us being 100% ourselves. They put everyone at ease, which is a skill that cannot be overstated when considering a photographer.

Jenelle and Parker also work effortlessly together (Fun Fact: Parker Hilton, her second shooter that weekend, also happens to be her husband. How freaking adorable is that?!), and have an uncanny ability to fade into the background for all the journalistic, candid shots that are captured best when people are truly relaxed and don’t feel the need to be “photogenic” or on-display. They perfectly balance this invisible style by being simultaneously present, for those “Oh! Capture this!” requests from the Bridal Party and for the more posed shots on the “Big Day”

When Jenelle is being “present” for those posed shots, she’s amazing to watch! The way she swings the varying cameras, lenses and equipment around her neck strap and hip holster, as she snaps an astounding number of exquisite photos, all while calling out the ideal combination of instructions, compliments and exclamations of “Gorgeous!” to the entire group is just pure poetry. This, my friends, is a Woman in her element. And it shows not only in the result and beauty of her work, but also, and almost as importantly, in her ability to take charge of the group, the scenery, the vision, and the flow of the entire day really. These are the things that you can’t tell from artistry and images alone.

And the stamina of this team! The amount of work they put in the day of the wedding, not to mention the days leading up to the wedding and the countless hours editing and posting afterwards, is baffling. Not only in the quantity of images taken and the number of hours the day stretched long, but in the literal amount of ground covered in our location specifically. They were “Everywhere” all at once! Able to capture every moment with the wedding party and guests on one end of a sprawling resort, while somehow capturing the detail shots that go along with a Wedding on the opposite end! And none of it phased these guys one bit. I never saw them breathe heavy or break a sweat. By the end of the night, I was dripping head to toe from a marathon dance session - the likes of which had not been seen since my days in college - and these two were right in the thick of it, dancing and enjoying our new friendship as they celebrated with us all, and were still just as cool as cucumbers (And still capturing all those hilarious after-party shots)!

I could probably write another 3 pages on these two and even then it wouldn’t be enough to fully express our feelings and gratitude to them for the role they played in our wedding – but all in all – We can only hope that we get the chance to spend a few days with them again sometime, whether as photographer/client or simply as friends. We have no other way to describe how perfect these guys are other than to just chalk it up to them being other-worldly superheroes or wizards. And I guess it’s fitting as that week was the most Super and Magical of our lives so far.

Sent on 04/19/2019
    Jenelle Kappe Photography 19
    Jenelle Kappe Photography 20
    Jenelle Kappe Photography 21

Jenelle Kappe Photography's reply:

You, my friend, are one-in-a-million. I can't thank the Universe enough for allowing our stories to connect. And we could never show you the appreciation we feel for you choosing us to be a part of your wedding celebration. It was a true honor and one that we will cherish for centuries.

They say you can tell a lot about a person by learning who they keep close to their heart - what type of people their friends are, who they surround themselves with. It's no surprise the guests that shared their love with you and Andrew over that week are as epic as they are. You and Andrew posses a joyous love, a love that will surpass lifetimes. We are so excited to share in this life's journey with you both and can't wait to see what's in store for our next adventure -- be it photographic or just legit double date adventure!!

Emiline · Married on 12/10/2016

Jenelle came highly reviewed by several friends. I had high hopes after seeing the beautiful photographs she took at several of my friend’s weddings. My husband and I were married in December, and Jenelle absolutely exceeded our very lofty expectations.

She was SO easy to work with and made the entire day run smoothly. We never felt pressured by her. Additionally, she was able to work with us on a super tight schedule (working against sunset) and still capture hundreds of beautiful shots in a very short amount of time.

Her second shooter was great. Very friendly and had a great eye. Having the two shooters was definitely worth it because it enabled us to have photos of the guys AND the girls getting ready.

My husband and I want to get married again just so we have an excuse to have more photos taken by Jenelle. I don’t know what else to say, she is just awesome.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Jenelle is awesome! She is truly a gifted photographer and is also very personable. She made everything so easy and took some beautiful shots! Hire her now!!!!!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Jenelle Kappe Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services? $ 5,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event / Day, Toning, Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 7,450.00
  • Which of the following are included in the price of your most popular wedding package? 2nd Shooter, Add'l Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event / Day, Toning, Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount
  • What photography services do you offer? Additional Hours, Boudoir Shoot, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter, Trash The Dress
  • What photography items do you offer? Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Prints, Proofs, Thank You Cards

• Dea + Bean
    Dea + Bean Wedding Invitations

I am constantly blown away by Jenelle's creative and unique vision and her eagerness to please! I would highly recommend her fantastic work to anyone! Plus, she's a doll and an absolute pleasure to to work with to boot.

• Annaliese & Co.
    Annaliese & Co. Wedding Hair & Makeup

Jenelle and her team are super talented!! They have great energy and take amazing photos!! Anyone who uses Jenelle will not be disappointed.

• Viva L'Event NC
    Viva L'Event NC Wedding Planners

We love Jenelle's style and making the couple feel comfortable during their shoot and having them really open up and capture that perfect moment!

• Chicago See on map
    7329966397 (Other Phone Number)
    Serving NJ & Chicago Areas