Jenelle Kappe Photography Reviews

44 | Chicago, IL

44 Reviews for Jenelle Kappe Photography

Sarah B. · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Stunning Photos & Kind

Jenelle is fantastic! Her photography completely highlights the emotion of the day, including beautiful lighting, candids and capturing every single perfect moment. Her photos are nothing short of stunning. After completely changing our wedding (including cutting our guest list and dealing with some unforeseen vendor issues) due to COVID, we were in search of a new photographer. Jenelle was incredibly flexible, kind and understanding of our situation and we immediately hired her. Jenelle & Parker both have the unique ability to quickly take thousands of pictures, while keeping the room calm and providing clear direction (even to a large group of loud young adults...) We also used Jenelle for our rehearsal dinner which was 100% worth it. I am so grateful that we have these photos forever and look forward to working with Jenelle on more family milestones in the future.

Sent on 11/23/2020

Jenelle Kappe Photography's reply:

It was such an honor to be a part of your wedding day Sarah!! Although it was due to difficult circumstances that the universe connected us, I am so thankful that it did!!
    Thank you for your kind words, amazing support and for choosing us to be a part of your wedding day!! I can't wait for the next celebration!!
  • Mara

Mara V. · Married on 10/05/2019

MVP Vendor of the Night!

Jenelle and Parker were the MVPs on our wedding day. Not only did they make the entire process fun and engaging, but they also went ABOVE and BEYOND the call of duty. Jenelle helped bustle my train when my mom and MOH couldn't figure it out, and Parker tied my husband's tie for him when he couldn't figure it out due to nerves. Parker made sure my hubby ate throughout the day and calmed his nerves. Jenelle was SO incredible the whole day; she floated around capturing all of the prep seamlessly, she managed to wrangle both of our (very difficult) families for pictures, and most importantly, she made the entire experience fun and memorable. Her warmth and sense of humor were refreshing and welcomed on one of the craziest days of our lives. I would recommend both Jenelle and Parker in a heartbeat. They will be our go-to photographers for all of our future milestones.

Sent on 10/25/2019

Jenelle Kappe Photography's reply:

Oh Mara!! This warms my heart so!! Thank you SO very much for your kind words and choosing us to be a part of your wedding day!! From the day we chatted on the phone many moons ago - I knew your day was going to be a special one!! It was a true honor and we look forward to being a part of your amazing adventure together!!
  • Nicole

Nicole C. · Married on 08/24/2019

Nothing short of AMAZING

Jenelle and Parker are honestly the best in the biz. Their work is beautiful and truly captured the love between my now husband and I. They have a unique style of photography that stands out from the rest. It is romantic, intimate and highlights the love between two people like I’ve never seen before. In addition to that they are full service and by that I mean they were there for me when my bridal bouquet got stolen (Parker ran to the church to try and find it), Jenelle helped me fix my fake eyelash hanging on by a thread, and she figured out to make my veil work when everyone couldn’t. They are awesome people and an amazing team that I would hire again and again!! Though they are a bit pricey, I think it’s personally well worth it for all you get and the level of service you receive. PLEASE HIRE THEM if you have the option too!

Sent on 09/18/2019

Jenelle Kappe Photography's reply:

Nicole, thank you SO very much for your kind words and again - thank you even more for choosing us to be a part of your gorgeous wedding day!! We had a blast at your wedding and we look forward to watching you and Dennis build a beautiful life together!! You are surrounded by incredible people!! Thank you for the honor of capturing your wedding day!!!
  • Melissa

Melissa G. · Married on 03/08/2019

The most magnificent photography

I am thrilled to recommend Jenelle (and Parker) to anyone looking to have the most beautiful photos of their wedding or other special moment. Our wedding photography was absolutely magnificent - more than anything I could have dreamed of. Jenelle came as a recommendation from my best friend who wished she had found Jenelle prior to her own wedding, and I couldn’t be more grateful for that connection. Jenelle has incredible creative talent and in all of the research I had done, no one compared to her. Aside from Janelle and Parker’s ability to flawlessly capture candids, emotional moments, family portraits and everything in between, their calm demeanor and ability to move people around quickly for photos made it all a breeze. They were so organized that we were able to capture so many quality moments without feeling like we were missing our own wedding. We had a large outdoor tented wedding (250 people, pre-COVID) and I was so impressed by her ability to capture so many of our guests and the most priceless moments on the dancefloor. Additionally, her package includes shooting the rehearsal dinner which was something that I hadn’t really thought much about prior to talking to Jenelle but then realized how much of a benefit that was. The rehearsal dinner provided for so many more intimate moments with close family and friends, and they were there to capture it all – the laughs over the slideshow, emotions over speeches, and friends getting together for drinks! Jenelle and Parker are awesome people who I cannot wait to have capture all of the special moments in our life. Having Jenelle and Parker as our wedding photographers was the best decision we made.

Sent on 01/02/2021

Jenelle Kappe Photography's reply:

Thank you for this raving review Melissa!! It was a true honor to be a part of your and Ian's wedding!! I am so grateful to your friend for sending you both our way and for our acquired friendship through the process!! It warms my heart to know that the rehearsal dinner coverage was special to you. We couldn't agree more and are so happy when client's take advantage of that added coverage!!
  • Cheryl

Cheryl A. · Married on 02/19/2019

This, my friends, is a Woman in her element

I’ve never once in my life been accused of being short-winded – So my full review is further below. BUT For those of you who skim reviews and don’t take the time to read them in full – I’ll summarize first:

As the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words”; so here’s the link to Jenelle’s blog with photos from our wedding (http://www.jenellekappe.com/blog/2019/4/14/cheryl-andrew-sandals-ochi-resort-oho-rios-jamaica-wedding-weekend). This, by itself, should be enough to post a million star review for this gal and for you to book her right this second, as I feel that Jenelle’s work is in the absolute top tier based on images alone.
    Then again, if reviews for photographers were based on their images alone, there’s a ton of incredibly talented artists in the world, and you’d still have a decision to make. And that’s where I believe her pint-size frame stands head and shoulders above the crowd. How Jenelle interacts with the couple and family/friends, how she carries herself, how she communicates is top-notch. Not to mention her endless compliments and her endearing personality. I have seen enough weddings, resulting images and resulting feedback from those in attendance to know – that these soft-skills are what set a talented artist apart from others and can make or break the experience as a whole and whether or not you remember the day as total perfection or not. And let me tell you: Jenelle is an absolute, high-caliber, all-around professional.

NOW, for those of you who love detail and read EVERY REVIEW EVER when making a big decision (me!):

I have never felt more beautiful in my life than I did the day of our wedding, and in Jenelle & Parker’s images of that day. They tell the story of the whole weekend, and in some way, the whole history of the people there with us for that moment. You can see the happiness, the emotions, the scenery, the flow of the day, the relationships with our best friends and family. Her weekend portfolio tells such a story of not only “The Big Day” but of our life with these people. Jenelle (& Parker) somehow know which moments matter most between which friends and family and capture them. We had only known this duo over e-mail for a few months and in person for 3 days and they had this sixth sense to just KNOW and capture memories in the making. Not only as they saw them through their lens, but exactly as we had FELT them in the moment. And now we get to live these memories over and over (and over and over) again in vivid detail instead of as a fading recollection over time. It’s been incredible already and will be cherished forever.

Jenelle’s calm, organized demeanor, coupled with her laid-back, go-with-the-flow vibe, took any amount of stress I could have had away. I never felt rushed or like we didn’t have enough time to stop for anything I wanted done or photographed. She made sure I had anything and everything I wanted that day, from food and drink to a photo with a cat. I also never felt like I had to “do the work” per-se and come up with the shots that I wanted or needed – as she knows what she’s doing, asks the right questions in the months leading up to the event, and is always scanning the surroundings and locations for inspiration. We also felt so comfortable with them from the moment we met on-location. I am an overly enthusiastic and chatty person, while my Husband is about the polar opposite, and we both felt that they embraced and adored us being 100% ourselves. They put everyone at ease, which is a skill that cannot be overstated when considering a photographer.

Jenelle and Parker also work effortlessly together (Fun Fact: Parker Hilton, her second shooter that weekend, also happens to be her husband. How freaking adorable is that?!), and have an uncanny ability to fade into the background for all the journalistic, candid shots that are captured best when people are truly relaxed and don’t feel the need to be “photogenic” or on-display. They perfectly balance this invisible style by being simultaneously present, for those “Oh! Capture this!” requests from the Bridal Party and for the more posed shots on the “Big Day”

When Jenelle is being “present” for those posed shots, she’s amazing to watch! The way she swings the varying cameras, lenses and equipment around her neck strap and hip holster, as she snaps an astounding number of exquisite photos, all while calling out the ideal combination of instructions, compliments and exclamations of “Gorgeous!” to the entire group is just pure poetry. This, my friends, is a Woman in her element. And it shows not only in the result and beauty of her work, but also, and almost as importantly, in her ability to take charge of the group, the scenery, the vision, and the flow of the entire day really. These are the things that you can’t tell from artistry and images alone.

And the stamina of this team! The amount of work they put in the day of the wedding, not to mention the days leading up to the wedding and the countless hours editing and posting afterwards, is baffling. Not only in the quantity of images taken and the number of hours the day stretched long, but in the literal amount of ground covered in our location specifically. They were “Everywhere” all at once! Able to capture every moment with the wedding party and guests on one end of a sprawling resort, while somehow capturing the detail shots that go along with a Wedding on the opposite end! And none of it phased these guys one bit. I never saw them breathe heavy or break a sweat. By the end of the night, I was dripping head to toe from a marathon dance session - the likes of which had not been seen since my days in college - and these two were right in the thick of it, dancing and enjoying our new friendship as they celebrated with us all, and were still just as cool as cucumbers (And still capturing all those hilarious after-party shots)!

I could probably write another 3 pages on these two and even then it wouldn’t be enough to fully express our feelings and gratitude to them for the role they played in our wedding – but all in all – We can only hope that we get the chance to spend a few days with them again sometime, whether as photographer/client or simply as friends. We have no other way to describe how perfect these guys are other than to just chalk it up to them being other-worldly superheroes or wizards. And I guess it’s fitting as that week was the most Super and Magical of our lives so far.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Jenelle Kappe Photography's reply:

You, my friend, are one-in-a-million. I can't thank the Universe enough for allowing our stories to connect. And we could never show you the appreciation we feel for you choosing us to be a part of your wedding celebration. It was a true honor and one that we will cherish for centuries.

They say you can tell a lot about a person by learning who they keep close to their heart - what type of people their friends are, who they surround themselves with. It's no surprise the guests that shared their love with you and Andrew over that week are as epic as they are. You and Andrew posses a joyous love, a love that will surpass lifetimes. We are so excited to share in this life's journey with you both and can't wait to see what's in store for our next adventure -- be it photographic or just legit double date adventure!!

Emiline · Married on 12/10/2016

Jenelle came highly reviewed by several friends. I had high hopes after seeing the beautiful photographs she took at several of my friend’s weddings. My husband and I were married in December, and Jenelle absolutely exceeded our very lofty expectations.

She was SO easy to work with and made the entire day run smoothly. We never felt pressured by her. Additionally, she was able to work with us on a super tight schedule (working against sunset) and still capture hundreds of beautiful shots in a very short amount of time.

Her second shooter was great. Very friendly and had a great eye. Having the two shooters was definitely worth it because it enabled us to have photos of the guys AND the girls getting ready.

My husband and I want to get married again just so we have an excuse to have more photos taken by Jenelle. I don’t know what else to say, she is just awesome.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Jenelle is awesome! She is truly a gifted photographer and is also very personable. She made everything so easy and took some beautiful shots! Hire her now!!!!!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Deb · Married on 06/24/2016

The day I got engaged I knew I wanted Jenelle to be our wedding photographer! As a long time admirer of her work, having Jenelle photograph our special day was really the only "must have" on my wedding list. I was thrilled that she was available, willing to travel to Maryland, and had options that fit our budget.

A year and a half after the wedding, our family and friends are STILL talking about how great Jenelle and Parker were and they're not even referring to our gorgeous photos! We constantly hear guests tell us that it looked like our photographers were actually having fun and how it made them so much more comfortable. I will forever be grateful to Jenelle and Parker for capturing all of our special moments on film and for being a fun and unforgettable part of our wedding day. I can't recommend Jenelle highly enough!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Jenna · Married on 10/10/2015

What more can I say about Jenelle, she is absolutely AMAZING!!!! I found her on Wedding Wire and saw she had done photography for a friend. Throughout our entire process leading up to the wedding Jenelle was great about making suggestions and understanding what was important to us. Her experience was unparalleled and her passion for what she does comes through each and every picture. Both myself and my fiancé mentioned to Jenelle that we felt we are not photogenic and she assured us the pictures would come out amazing. I cannot even begin to describe how beautiful they are and how comfortable she made us feel all day. I cannot wait to see how our album comes out!!! I would highly recommend Jenelle as a photographer for any of your upcoming special events!

Sent on 03/03/2016
  • Y

Yael · Married on 08/05/2015

Jenelle photographed our August wedding at Room 1520. We knew from our very first meeting with her that she was the one! She's got an incredible eye for composing the perfect frame. We loved working with her from start to finish - I appreciated how she directed us throughout the day to get the best shots, without making me feel overly posed or self-conscious. I feel so lucky we got to work with her and the photos she captured will be cherished for years to come.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Allison · Married on 04/18/2015

Jenelle was by far my FAVORITE vendor to work with. Not only is she extremely talented behind the lens, but she is so sweet and makes everyone feel comfortable during pictures. She captured natural moments between my husband and I, our family, and our guests, which was really important. She kept everyone calm and on time the whole day. I can't wait to work with her over and over again, and more importantly she is a friend. Every bride should use Jenelle. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OUR BEAUTIFUL WEDDING PICTURES!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Rachel · Married on 04/17/2015

Jenelle was the PERFECT vendor to work with. I truly could not have been happier with the results!!! she was an absolute DREAM to work with during the whole planning process; she was more like a friend than simply a photographer. Her photos are impeccable, she is kind, charming, and just an absolute PLEASURE to work with!!! I had a huge wedding party, and everyone loved her!!! She is a genious at what she does! I cannot wait to see all the images, and i know they are going to be perfect!! She got all the photos we wanted, protraits, candids, etc.! Her assistant was incredible to work with too! She knew how to loosen me up when i needed it, and calm me down when i had my meltdown moment! She was my favorite vendor to work with!! i want to scream her name from the mountaintops and anyone who wants perfect photos, should 10000000% use her! She even got my HUSBAND to smile - which he NEVER EVER does!!!!! I am beyond thrilled with her work!! She is brilliant, her attention to detail is impeccable, and her talent is unmatched!!! I truly cannot express how THRILLED we were to have Jenelle photograph the most important day of our life so far!!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Maggie · Married on 02/14/2015

Jenelle and her photographer partner were OUTSTANDING! I can not recommend them enough. Not only did they take the most breathtaking photos, but they were so much fun to be around! I wish I could have Jenelle at all of my parties!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Kristen · Married on 10/10/2014

Jenelle is one of the most creative and talented photographers I've ever met! Planning a wedding from hundreds of miles away is never easy, but Jenelle always made herself accessible by phone or email. The weather forecast was calling for rain in the few days leading up to our wedding, and we had planned all outdoor pictures. I sent Jenelle several emails to develop an alternate plan, and I was amazed at how a woman I had never met calmed my fears and immediately put me at ease. Her easy-going personality did not change on the day of the wedding. Jenelle was not only an amazing photographer that day, but she also handled any glitch (my florist was late), was there to fix my dress, hold my lipstick, etc., so my husband and I could enjoy every waking moment of our special day. From the day of our initial consultation to our wedding day, it was such a pleasure working with her. I highly recommend Jenelle without hesitation!! I promise you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Allison · Married on 10/04/2014

I don't even know where to begin! Aside from being such an amazingly talented photographer, Jenelle was truly a life saver on our wedding day. With 20 people in our bridal party, we were not an easy group to coordinate but Jenelle made it look effortless. She was always there to carry my dress, keep me calm and even run around to blow out candles at my house before we left. She really cares about what she does and it shows through her professionalism and beautiful creativity. From start to finish, she made eveything so simple. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Jenelle Kappe Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness, you are MORE than welcome!! It was a pleasure being a part of your wedding!!! <3

I don't even know where to begin with how amazing and gorgeous Jenelle's work is and how great of a person she is. Jenelle had done both of my brothers weddings and once I saw her work I knew I needed her for my wedding!!! She is one of the coolest and down to earth people that I have ever met. She knew exactly what we wanted without ever having to tell her. She makes the whole process comfortable and easy for everyone involved. She really got to know us which also made everything that much easier and laid back. Her pictures are by far the best that I have ever seen and I couldn't be happier to have had her be our photographer! I have had so many people tell me how amazing our pictures were while she displayed them at the reception of my wedding! I will 100% be using her in the future for any pictures that I will need!!! Her work is flawless and absolutely amazing!!!!!

Sent on 07/14/2014

Jenelle was so amazing to work with. On time, very professional and extremely talented, she captured the most wonderful moments of our wedding without being intrusive. Our photos came out so beautiful, they could easily be published in a magazine, that's how amazing they are! Jenelle and her assistant were both very friendly and easy to work with, and they accommodated all our requests. My friends and family were all impressed and love the photos from our wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone searching for a great photographer. Thank you Jenelle for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Craig · Married on 05/03/2014

A picture tells a thousand words when the simple picture of a cake captured our attention. While surfing the net in a mindless daze of information overload, it was that simple cake picture that grabbed our attention to seek out more information of the eye behind the lens. This journey leads us to a coffee visit with Jenelle, which could have lasted for hours. Her quiet, yet warm personality embraced passion and excitement of her love of photography.

Her experience shined as our intimate moments were captured during our engagement session and our wedding day. Her friendly smile and caring heart makes you feel at ease on one of the biggest days of your life. Her professionalism is unmatched and her personal touch embraces your life.

Not one small detail ever gets over looked as seen in her finished product. Her unique mix of photojournalism, portraiture, and art tells a story that all can cherish. Her work not only tells a story, but it captures the feeling to allow you to relive the moment time and time again.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Randie · Married on 11/30/2013

As the mother of the bride, I must say I had very high expectations for the pictures of my only daughter's wedding. Jenelle not only delivered beautiful pictures, that captured a once in a lifetime event, but the artistry exceeded everything we could have possibly imagined. She handles herself very professionally, while still making everyone feel very comfortable in front of the camera. We were thrilled with the outcome of her work and would recommend her to any one looking to have one of the best photographers you could hire for your special day.

Sent on 01/20/2014

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2013

Words cannot express how INCREDIBLE Jenelle Kappe is - not only as a photographer but as a person, too! We found Jenelle through our venue (Bayonet Farm) and absolutely fell in love with her photos.

We truly enjoyed working with Jenelle, from our engagement session to the day-of craziness. She was flexible when we couldn't decide where to have our engagement photos, and she was incredibly efficient when shooting both our engagement and wedding photos. She even got us back on schedule on the big day when we were running about an hour behind! So she was pretty much a God send!

We fell in love with Jenelle's eye for photography and her easy going spirit, and she single-handedly made our wedding feel incredibly intimidate and special. Photography was one of the most important factors of our wedding and we are so pleased with how it turned out. Everything feels so unique and premium, and we're thankful for that!

So yes - can't say enough about her. If you can have Jenelle photograph your wedding - DO IT! You won't regret it!

Sent on 03/16/2014

Jenelle Kappe Photography's reply:

Aww!! Thank you so much for your kind words!! YOU both were incredible to work with!! I am so happy that I was able to be a part of your wedding day!! <3

Barbara · Married on 10/05/2013

There are not enough words to accurately describe how talented Jenelle is at what she does. Her work is gorgeous, appears effortless and looks stunning. When searching for wedding photographers, I was drawn to her style of photography immediately. Unlike most wedding photographers, Jenelle has a distinct style and her work is more than just a wedding photograph, it is beautiful art. She has an incredible eye and is extremely helpful in directing the wedding day photographs. Having seen a sample the very day of my wedding of some of the photographs that she took, I can very honestly say that she is worth every penny, if not much more. During the process, she was the vendor that gave me the most confidence, was the most flexible and kind and was the most helpful. Jenelle has an easy-going attitude which makes her great to work with. I would highly recommend her (in fact I already have) and I will absolutely be contacting her in the future for important events!
    I would also like to note that her "second shooter" was just as sweet and they were a joy to have at my wedding. If you haven't chosen a photographer for your wedding or event, please check out her work! It's phenomenal!!!

Sent on 10/16/2013
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/13/2013

Jenelle Kappe is not only an amazing photographer but her photographs are works of art. She has an eye like no other I've seen. I came across Jenelle's work on Facebook, she had done a surprise engagement shoot for someone. I fell in with the pictures immediately. The same night I met with her, I booked her right away! She is so sweet, laid back and quickly becomes a friend. She gives off such a positive energy :) She has a way of making you feel so comfortable behind the camera, like she's not even there. Her direction of our wedding day photographs flowed so effortlessly. Jenelle is worth every penny and then some. Our guests complimented on how her work looks just out of a magazine, and that it does. We had friends who were unable to attend our wedding, look at the wonderful blog post she did of our wedding day and say how in going through the pictures they felt like they were right there with us. She captures every detail and every moment!! We can now relive our day over and over again thanks to Jenelle. Her second shooter Jacqui was also a pleasure to work with. They made a great team. They were my right hand girls when it came to other wedding related issues too!

I can not recommend Jenelle enough!! If you want beautiful, timeless memories of your big day, book her now! We love you Jenelle and can not thank you enough!

Sent on 10/17/2013

Caitlin · Married on 09/07/2013

I don't even know where to begin... Jenelle is perfection. Not only are her photographs flawless, but she is the sweetest thing on Earth. Our wedding photos are gorgeous - Her style is stunning and her eye for detail is impeccable. If you're really into photography and are looking for more than just the traditional wedding photograph - Jenelle is your girl. You will still get all the wedding portraits you're looking for, but you will also get artistic shots, emotional shots, candid shots - and just that one photo that makes you go, "wow." Jenelle is extremely easy to work with - She wants to get to know you as a couple - She wants you to feel comfortable with the camera. She wants you to laugh and most importantly, just have fun and forget she's even there. And she does just that. I can honestly say that not only did I get the most amazing wedding photos, but I gained a friend too. Thank you for everything, Jenelle!

Sent on 10/12/2013

I do not have enough good things to say about Jenelle's work. I have always been a fan of hers and would always follow the blogs and wedding pictures she would post thinking to myself "no questions asked, when the time comes THIS is who I am using". My (now) husband proposed on a Sunday afternoon and I was in touch with Jenelle that Friday asking for her availability. It was a running joke throughout the 9 months leading up to the wedding that we "chose our wedding date around Jenelle's availability". Well, it's also the truth. Being 29 my facebook newsfeed has been flooded with friends wedding pictures for the past 6 years so comparatively speaking I knew EXACTLY what I wanted and also what I didn't want. I told her when we sat down together a few weeks before the wedding that I didn't want staged, posed pictures. I just wanted her to capture our big day as it was happening. She did exactly that and didn't miss a thing. Not only that but she was such a great friend that day. Everything from holding my lipstick for me and handing it over whenever she was about to get a great shot to make sure I looked fabulous to running over and grabbing the hair tie off of my wrist (habit i guess...never leave home without an extra!) before I walked down the aisle to running and finding a tide pen after my horse slobbered on my wedding dress (yes that actually happened and she also caught it on camera!). Thank you, Jenelle for capturing my big day just as I have been imagining it ever since I was a little girl. We are forever grateful.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/12/2013

Jenelle is an AMAZING photographer! Our pictures turned out fabulous! Jenelle has an amazing personality which took all the stress out of the picture taking process and made it fun. She even drove out (at least an hour) to meet with me on multiple occasions so we could talk about what I was looking for and to check out my venue and places to take pictures near by. She is extremely talented and professional. Honestly, if you don't like her, the problem is probably with you! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 02/12/2014