..., New York, NY 10153 Map · Phone number
· Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 13

About James Teal Violin

James Teal is a solo wedding violinist that is based out of New York City. After James obtained a Bachelor of Music degree at Stetson University, he moved to the city to pursue his professional music career. With solos, orchestra, and band performances under his belt, he aspires to share his skills and talents with couples celebrating their special day. James specializes in romantic arrangements and performs with an intention to spread his profound love for music with others.

James welcomes custom requests and opportunities to work with other musicians. He performs at rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and cocktail hours, playing both timeless favorites and modern love songs. With advance request, James can organize additional instrumental accompaniments. Some of James Teal's specialties and wedding services include:

• A willingness to learn new songs
  • Contracting large and small ensembles including string duets, trios, quartets, and jazz bands
  • Musical selections for breaks in between wedding events
  • Music for all services including wedding brunches and more
Follow James Teal Violin on
Passionate about music
Passionate about music
Wedding ready
Wedding ready
Smiling (photo by Jeremiah Waters)
Smiling (photo by Jeremiah Waters)
screen shot 2019 04 24 at 8 53 51 pm 51 1061701 1556153688

James Teal Violin 5
  • Vladimir

Vladimir Teterukov · Married on 09/27/2019

Amazing music!

James exceeded our expectations by far! We wanted something different for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour and we got the right guy! James' sound was amazing and carried throughout the whole outdoor seating area. He has a great mix of classical, old school, and modern music in his repertoire in addition to being able to improvise and go along with many songs you may have on the dance floor. Me and my wife strongly recommend him as he will be one of the best investments you can make for your event!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Bettina Amore · Married on 09/15/2019

Professional, skilled, pleasant personality, flexible

I found James through GigSalad. I needed a violinist for my wedding ceremony. He was very responsive and when we connected on the phone to see if our personalities matched, it worked out really well. He's not just skilled in what he does, he's also very pleasant to work with. He's very accommodating and he gave me good songs recommendations. He can play old songs to modern ones. He even broke it out for me to do a pre-wedding, recessional, and post. He matched the songs very well with what we were expecting, and not only that, we asked him for some songs not within his regular repertoire and he kindly accommodated (with enough prep time for him, of course; we were very considerate about that). He was also available for me and my groom during the prep calls via Skype to plan out details. I so appreciated that. On the day of the wedding itself, even though there were plans we discussed, he was flexible to accommodate according to the needs of the moment during the actual event. For example, during the planning stage, I asked him to cut down on the recessional music (and he gladly accommodated) but it turned out that I walked too slowly and the path was longer than I expected, so instead of finishing the song, he went ahead and just repeated it until I reached the altar. James contributed a lot to making my ceremony meaningful, memorable, and special. My guests were also very impressed with his expertise and professionalism. I would recommend him any time to anyone. He's a great find!!!!

James Teal Violin 6
    Sent on 09/22/2019

James Teal Violin FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 500.00
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 350.00
    Ceremony Music
    Cocktail Hour Music
    Learn New Songs
    Music During Breaks
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    Orchestra
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
    String - Quintet
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
    4 - 6
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Cello
    Oboe
    Piano
    Saxophone
    Viola
    Violin
    Winds
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music