20-100
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About James Irvine Japanese Garden at JACCC

Where arts, culture and communities come Alive!

Thank you for interest in the James Irvine Japanese Garden. Due to pending renovations, we currently accepting wedding inquiries for weddings occurring before November 2017. Please visit our website for wedding package information.

James Irvine Japanese Garden is an unexpected haven within the exciting urban environs of Downtown Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo. Nestled on the grounds of the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center is Seiryu-en, or Garden of the Clear Stream. The Garden offers unparalleled natural beauty, setting the stage for a uniquely inspiring and idyllic ceremony.

As you exchange vows beside a 170 ft. stream that flows from a waterfall at the upper reaches of the garden, the gentle murmur of cascading water fills the air. Your guests will enjoy being a part of this memorable event as they witness your ceremony from various viewpoints throughout the Garden. Its Zen design creates an aura of intimacy and peacefulness making it possible for everyone to experience, more closely, the significance of the moment.

Juxtaposed against the urban landscape of Little Tokyo, the James Irvine Japanese Garden is the perfect alternative to the usual wedding venue. Choose from several facilities within the Japanese American Cultural & Community Center that include the Aratani Theatre, the George J. Doizaki Gallery, and a large outdoor plaza, designed by Japanese-American artist, Isamu Noguchi. Reception space within the JACCC can accommodate parties of 50 - 100. The outdoor plaza can accommodate parties up to 700. JACCC does not provide onsite catering and allows clients to use any professionally licensed caterer of their choosing.

JACCC would like to thank the following WeddingWire vendors for their recent contributions to our portfolio: Stem Floral Events, Flowers On Mars, Rengie Mendoza Photography and More Than Just Weddings....by Wenda.

Categories: Wedding Venue

Regions serviced: Los Angeles

9 Reviews for James Irvine Japanese Garden at JACCC

4.3

JACCC and Anne were amazing. The venue was absolutely gorgeous and there were no real hassles with dealing with them. The day-of coordinator is even my friend on Facebook now! They made my special day even better since I got new friends out of it too!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Breathtaking, serene, gorgeous, accommodating and professional. I cannot say enough to express how I feel about this venue.
I am an event planner. I helped my cousin plan his wedding reception here, recently. The staff was completely available, and friendly, to us, anytime we needed really. The couple wanted church wedding, otherwise, we would have done the ceremony here as well. Having a wedding offsite, however, was made very easy for me because I could completely trust the coordinators and staff to handle everything necessary for the reception to start off without me there yet. The entire night went just a smooth. The bride and groom couldn't be happier! And every single person in our family came to me, saying they want their wedding there too.
I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone who asks! I hope to have the pleasure of working with JACC again!

Profile Picture Donna, 5/18/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I recently go married at this beautiful little Japanese garden, a great little gem tucked in the middle of downtown LA. We had a great time there. Anne was so helpful on the day of our wedding, making sure every detail was in order. It's true that she is hands off during most of the planning, but that you may also hire her to plan your entire event. My husband and I felt we got way more than we payed for on the day of the event. Like myself, most brides work in frenzy trying to perfect their big day and don't realize that Anne will make sure it all comes off without a hitch as long as you let her do what you paid her to do. That's how I got hitched anyway. Lots of things went wrong and I was the only one who knew. Remember that ladies!
Back to the venue...absolutely beautiful and intimate, romantic as the sun starts to set. This place is unique and I had so many people asking how I found this amazing place. The price was very fair and Anne was AWESOME! You really felt she cared as much as your big day as you did. Sometimes you need just that to make you feel good. I'd highly recommend this venue. Check it out if you're looking for an intimate garden wedding. Good Luck out there!

Profile Picture T, 2/29/12, 1 Review

28 Photos

My Photo Album

28 Photos

2 ENDORSEMENTS
This is such a lovely place to have a wedding. I had a wonderful experience with Anne Bagasao. She was so helpful and attentive to my needs. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone!

A BEAUTIFUL hidden gem in Downtown Los Angeles. Once you see how beautiful the garden is you will fall in love with it and will think of a reason just to have an event there! It is a definite must see. The James Irvine Japanese Garden provides a professional and courteous staff that will assist you in planning your event.

Events