Hunter Mountain

PO Box 295, South Side Route 23A, Hunter, NY 12442 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 34
  • Real Weddings 1

About Hunter Mountain

Hunter Mountain, a resort in Hunter, New York, provides the perfect setting for couples looking for a rustic wedding venue. With ceremonies on top of a mountain or situated cozily inside the resort, this unique space provides scenic views from any location. The resort is nestled among the mountains near the Indian Head Wilderness and Kaaterskill Wild Forest.

Facilities and Capacity
For couples looking for a unique and outdoorsy setting, the resort offers a mountain-top ceremony, to which couples and guests will be transported via ski lift. Once at the top, a backdrop of green slopes and blue skies stretch as far as the eye can see. Indoors, tall expansive windows as well as wood and stone accents contribute to the rustic and natural feel of the venue. Couples looking to wed at Hunter Mountain can invite a maximum of 300 guests.

Available to host your ceremony, reception and rehearsal dinner, the resort provides the following services to couples:

• Accommodations
  • Setup
  • Tables
  • Wireless Internet

Cuisine
Hunter Mountain offers bar service and provides the following types of catering styles:

• Buffet
a71c56c34525c14d custombynicole summitview
The Sky Ride to the Summit
The Sky Ride to the Summit
Couple's portrait
The CopperTree Restaurant at Hunter Mountain can accommodate weddings of up to 300 guests
Slopeside ceremony location

Hunter Mountain 6
Hunter Mountain 7
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Nieskens · Married on 09/01/2019

Better than we could've imagined!

Hunter was amazing! We could not have asked for a better wedding day. Debbie Reilly and Josephine Michaud are absolutely the best! They were very responsive and professional, and worked closely with us to make our vision a reality. The food at Hunter is not your average wedding fare! We received so many compliments on the menu. Chef Tim and the entire Hunter staff were incredible. I highly recommend booking Hunter Mountain not only for the incredible view and scenery, but for the amazing service and experience!

Sent on 09/04/2019
    Hunter Mountain 8
    Hunter Mountain 9
  • Samantha

Samantha Stoneham · Married on 08/31/2019

A Dream Come True!

If you want a seamless wedding, you MUST pick Hunter Mountain. From the planning, to the ceremony, the reception, the whole weekend, the before & after, literally everything.... they were PERFECT!

My husband and I have been blown away, we seriously don't even believe that it was OUR wedding that happened on August 31st at Hunter Mountain. It was just too incredible.

So for the planning, Debbie is one of a kind. She is on top of her game. If you have a question, she has and answer and if she doesn't - she WILL get one for you. If you email her, you are going to get a response quickly. If you call her, she's calling you back as soon as she gets your message. Our wedding was pretty easy, Allen & I are not picky. We did run into one issue, we wanted a sundae bar rather than cake and had trouble finding a vendor. Debbie to the rescue! She made it happen. She makes everything so transparent, there's nothing to look for between the lines. I was waiting to find a catch but there was absolutely no catch to ANYTHING.

Heather, who handles guests reservations, was on top of it. She continually sent Allen & I updated sheets of the room block including which guests were staying at the hotel, their check in date, and how many nights they were staying. I really appreciated that, especially because I was making hotel bags for each guest that was staying with us. It made it so easy to make them a few at a time rather than all at once towards the end. She answered every question that we had and even made sure my grandmother was in a room near my father because she has a hard time getting around and needs a bit of help. Just knowing my family would be taken care of lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders. She was beyond accommodating.

The week of, our coordinator was Josephine and oh my goodness she was a blessing. She is wonderful with a get it done attitude. If you want things done a certain way, she made sure it was done. You got what you wanted. What more could a stressed out bride ask for during that last week?? Absolutely nothing. She eased my mind RIGHT AWAY. She set up the majority of the decor that I had brought for the reception, once she had seen the style of everything she went to the basement of the CopperTree and found vintage champagne glasses to use as the "bowls" for our sundae bar and I have to say that was the sweetest and most thoughtful thing a week/day of coordinator could have done. She is that precise. It really made the sundae bar go over the top, it was beautiful!

Every single employee that worked our wedding was phenomenal. They were all so kind and accommodating. I think what made it even more special is that they had fun while they were working our wedding and you could tell. They would dance, laugh with you, help in any way that they could, it just made that atmosphere so much fun.

Chef Mike is all around awesome, and when I say all around I mean from the food he created to the person that he is. He came out of the kitchen to chit chat that morning while I was organizing the decor that I brought. He is very kind and caring, it's easy to tell that he enjoys his career. Which brings me to the food. Allen & I never did a tasting, we've never had "good" wedding/banquet/event food, so we went with our gut and we were blown away! We chose Chicken Cordon Bleu (our favorite), Roast Maple Glazed Pork (maple is REALLY big in the finger lakes/southern tier where we are from), and Butternut Squash Ravioli (it sounded like a unique twist). We also added fried mac & cheese and bacon wrapped scallops to our standard hors d'oeuvres package. Every single person that I had spoke to said every single thing was amazing, they couldn't get enough of the food. From the appetizers to the main course, the food tasted like a home cooked meal that was presented as beautifully as you would see something on the food channel. Every single plate looked beautiful, and tasted even better. The last wedding that I attended as a guest, I took one bite of the food and didn't eat the rest. I cleared my plate at our wedding even after eating way too many hors d'oeuvres.

The staff were all very attentive to all of the guests for the entire night. They treated our VIP tables like royalty, and did everything that they could (and more) for everyone else.

We had an "after party" at the hotel bar, where we ran into our ONLY issue, which was minor. Other guests (from another wedding) were eating our food, Hunter Mountain staff did everything that they could, but after a long night and drinking people don't really pay attention to signs. We didn't mind sharing with others, I was just worried about all of my guests being able to get food but that staff ensured that they did, and that was wonderful. Our bag of s'mores items did go missing, it never made it to the after party and staff were unable to locate it. It wasn't a big deal, they were apologetic, and in the grand scheme of things, it was a cold night and many of our guests had gone to bed or didn't want to go outside. Plus it was maybe $20 of items, so no big deal.

The next day all of our wedding reception items were packed up and waiting at the front desk for us, being closely watched. They didn't need to do this for us, but it's what they do and we greatly appreciated their attention in packing things back up just the way that we had brought them. Not a single thing was missing or broken from the reception. That in itself leaves us a lot of tangible memories that I have already packed away in a memory chest. I am so thankful for that, and I know I will be thankful many years from now when we open it and show our children & grandchildren.

Our wedding was a blast. An absolute dream come true. We have zero regrets about choosing Hunter Mountain. Seriously, do not look for any other place, if you're even slightly interested with Hunter, you will not be disappointed.

Put it this way - Allen and I have already decided that when we renew our Vows, we will do it again at Hunter Mountain. With out second thought.

Sent on 09/13/2019
    Hunter Mountain 14
    Hunter Mountain 15
    Hunter Mountain 16

Hunter Mountain FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 300
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue? 1
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 10
  • Describe your venue: Park, Resort, Restaurant
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Accommodations, Bar Services, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Outside Vendors, Set Up, Wifi
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Tents

Real Weddings

• Hudson River Photographer
    Hudson River Photographer Wedding Photographers

A wonderful fun place for a wedding.

• Conway Entertainment
    Conway Entertainment Wedding DJs

An absolutely beautiful place to have your wedding! Tons of amazing scenery and a wonderful staff to put your reception together.

• Hudson Valley Ceremonies
    Hudson Valley Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

Hunter Mountain is one of my favorite wedding venues. Debbie and the crew are wonderful. All of my couples have the best wedding ever. The food is fantastic and the views are out of this world.

• PO Box 295, South Side Route 23A Hunter, 12442 See on map