Holiday Inn & Suites McKinney - Fairview

Venue Setting

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Holiday Inn & Suites McKinney - Fairview

McKinney, Fairview, & Allen Ceremony, Receptions, Rehearsals, & Accomodations

Congratulations on your engagement! Here is a little more information about our ballroom. The Throckmorton is 2,300 sq feet and can hold up to 160 people. This ballroom is priced at $1,000.00 and includes full day access to the ballroom which allows you to decorate, as many tables and chairs as you would like, use of our pre-function area for a bar or even a buffet, and linens (brown, ivory, or white.) We also have multiple centerpieces and use of our A/V equipment (projector for a slide show, screens, microphones..etc) available for rent. Along with our great space, we have a few wedding packages available. These include room rental plus all the extras like flowers for the head table, use of one of our hospitality rooms, use of our A/V equipment, a bar attendant, a suite for the bride and groom, and much more! We also offer to take of your flower centerpieces as well! Just tell us your colors and we take care of the rest!

For a wedding ceremony and reception, we have and airwall that splits the room into two equal sides. In the past, brides have utilized one side of the ballroom for their ceremony. Once the ceremony is concluded, we open a 30 minute social/mixer in our prefunction hallway. This allows our banquet staff to breakdown the airwall and transform the room into your reception. Doors are re-opened and guests are greeted into your fabulous reception.

For bridal & groom prep, we have two hospitality rooms available. Typically, brides use the hospitality room for make-up/hair and for some time with their bridesmaids. You can even have a bubble bar in the room for that little extra fun! For our grooms, the hospitality rooms are perfect for a guys hang out. Your guys can sit back with a bucket of beer and catch the game before the ceremony.

We are a full service hotel which means all food and beverage (except your amazing cake)  have to come through our catering department. I am the on site event coordinator and will work with you to finalize and prepare all catering needs. If you are looking to stay under a certain budget, we have an excellent chef who can customize a menu to cater to the budget.

We can also setup a wedding block in our system for your out of town guests can receive a discounted rate. We extend a courtesy contract that does not hold you financially responsible for attrition, meeting a percentage pickup, or for paying for any of the rooms blocked.

Your guests can sit down and order their favorite meal at M Restaurant or order a drink from Chasers Lounge each evening. If they prefer, we can have Room Service sent directly to the guest room for breakfast and dinner.  Our free high-speed Internet can be accessed anywhere in the hotel, whether its outside on our newly-covered outdoor patio or inside your beautiful room.  Each room has a Ceiling Fan, Microwave, and Refrigerator, and access to over 50 HD Channels. The kids will love our indoor pool adjacent hot tub.

Categories: Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner

Regions serviced: Dallas

Follow Holiday Inn & Suites McKinney - Fairview on

10 Reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites McKinney - Fairview

3.4

1.1

This venue was absolutely horrible! We had my bridal shower here before my wedding to see how well they manage events and I'm so glad we did. The day of the bridal shower my maid of honor and I went to the hotel to set up the room. That was an adventure all by itself. We had to go to the front desk to find out what room we were in because there were no signs showing us where it was like we were told there would be. The "gift table" was a little side table. That wasn't going to hold gifts from 22 people. Once we got the room set up we had to go to the front desk again, 5 minutes before the even started, to find out where our food was. We then had the event and it seemed like everything was great, other than the food. All we had for food was two fruit platters and a sandwich platter, simple right? No way you can mess that up. Well, there were spiderwebs on the grapes, the strawberries were rotten (visible mold), and the bread on the sandwiches was so dry that it crumbled when you touched it. Since Melissa (the head event person who said she was going to be there but decided to leave early) wasn't there I ended up talking to the Hotel Manager. When I showed him everything that was wrong he just shrugged his shoulders and said there was nothing he could do about it. I just stood there with my mouth hanging open. I then said that that kind of an attitude made me really want to change venues for my wedding because if they can't do simple fruit and sandwich platters how are they going to manage the food for my wedding reception? He just shrugged and said if I didn't want to stay at their venue then I could move. Needless to say I was shocked! I was going to be spending $7000 for my wedding at that hotel and he was telling me I could move?! I couldn't believe it! I had never had a problem with them before this so it's not like there was history there making them want to make me leave. Well, needless to say, I moved my venue to somewhere else after emailing corporate.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4435676, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Amy, Melissa, and the rest of the Holiday Inn staff were extremely helpful in planning our wedding reception! The catering (hors d'ouevres) was amazing and their exceptional service helped make this day spectacular. They were accommodating every step of the way and we enjoyed a stressfree wedding reception.

Profile Picture Matthew, 3/14/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location
4.7

Amy was terrific, knowledgeable and extremely helpful!

Profile Picture User4619319, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews

220x220 sq 1280954499658 image16
220x220 sq 1371308669963 33266870 h1 mtgevfunc09

1 VIDEO

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Very nice venue, great service !!

I recommend the services of Holiday Inn & Suites McKinney to make your Wedding Day a one-of-a-kind event that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for years to come. ~~ Angela www.calligraphybyangela.com 214 957 2155 Dallas Calligrapher

3220 Craig Drive, McKinney, TX 75070   See On Map