Henry Tieu Photography, is a full service wedding and elopement photography small business based in Seattle, Washington. The skilled professionals at Henry Tieu Photography take a raw approach to photographing all the highlights of your big day. They believe in capturing much more than photos, but the all the emotion and tenderness of your wedding. You can’t go wrong with the detailed precision of Henry Tieu Photography.

Experience
As a former Cardiac ICU nurse Henry Tieu Photography owner, Henry Tieu, has seen firsthand the raw emotions of those around him. He understands that he is really documenting moments and feelings, not merely taking pictures. He pays great attention to detail and will make sure that every moment is perfectly captured on your big day.

Henry Tieu Photography offers a variety of services all guaranteed to make your wedding day a breeze. Providing everything from high resolution images to wedding portraits, the experts at Henry Tieu Photography have got you covered. Additional services include:

• Adventure elopement
  • Second Shooter
  • Trash The Dress
illustration popular

Vendors you may like

See other vendors that are popular with couples right now

Frequently asked questions

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$4,000

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Add'l Hours
Slideshow
Toning
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$5,000

Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
Slideshow
Toning
Prints
Save the Date

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Natural
Photojournalism

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Second Shooter
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

Albums

100% recommend it
Shixuan
Shixuan G. Sent on 06/03/2024
5 out of 5 rating

Dreamy, artistic, timeless experience! GET HIM NOW!

I found Henry through my coworker as Henry was also his wedding photographer. What I was looking for was a timeless, artistic and creative way to capture the day, and I'm picky on those. After I saw Henry's work on IG and also all the great comments from my coworker, I reached out to Henry and we had a video call. Then I know, I must get him for my wedding photography! Because he is also so warm, sweet, understanding and professional.

We had a 2-day photo shooting experience with Henry: wedding day photography and an elopement style photo shooting. In the planning process, we had a few calls and Henry helped us to pick the location after understanding what we like. And we finally decided the to go to Haleakala for a sunrise and I'm very glad we decided this. Henry has the eyes to find out the most beautiful spot and angles for our photo shooting. We also went for a hiking together. I am an introverted person and not always comfortable being around people. But I must say, I feel very comfortable and natural to chat with Henry and being in his camera. He knows his job really well, not just in artistic and professional way, but also his way of communicating with people and caring about people! I would love to have him to document all my big moments in my life!

My husband and I had our wedding in Maui, Olowalu Plantation House. Since it was a destination wedding, we had lots of things to worry about and I felt a bit stressful on the day. Henry helped to sort out many things, by coordinating with staff on the venue and worked so well with my videographer and coordinator, to ensure everything went smoothly as well as captured all the beautiful moments! What he did really relived my pressure a lot! I bet he knew my wedding timeline schedule better than me LOL.

I'm very happy and lucky to find Henry and had him on my big day. Not just for the beautiful moments he captured, but also his full heart on every details of the day! He really knows his job very well! You will never regret to have him as part of your day 😊
Ariel
Ariel D. Sent on 06/01/2024

Dream snowshoe elopement

I can’t even begin to describe how wonderful Henry was not only as a photographer, but as an elopement planner. He helped plan our elopement from start to finish with location advice, helping find local Airbnbs, making sure we were prepared for our snowshoe adventure with the right gear, and helping my husband choose a suit.

Our biggest challenge was choosing a location and resources to help with our day to make things go smoothly. Henry provided an extensive list as well as examples of other couples’ elopements to give us ideas for what we were looking for. He also was very detailed about what the weather would likely be like at each location at the time of our elopement as well as the feasibility of each spot since we eloped in early May in Washington, where the weather is quite variable. We met a couple times with Henry before deciding on a location and he helped us to feel confident about our choice (snowshoeing in the mountains, which neither of us had ever done).

Henry also made it so easy to find other folks to help with our day. I was very anxious about having to find a hair/make-up artist, bakery, officiant, florist, etc all on my own in an area that I was not familiar with. Henry provided a great list of vendors for everything. Ultimately, we ended up booking his husband who essentially was an all-in-one and also works with a hair/make-up artist. That way we were able to minimize the amount of people involved and really streamlined our experience leading up to our day as well made us felt at ease on the day of.

The day of our elopement was somewhat surreal. We had been watching him work via Instagram the months leading up to our big day and it was so magical to see him bouncing around our Airbnb doing the detail photos. I immediately felt comfortable around him; it was like we were already friends before we had met in person. This made it so much easier for me to relax and be myself in the photos. I was much more concerned about my now husband, who can be very uncomfortable in front of a camera and often looks stiff. But not with Henry. He caught the natural smiles and true emotions that I get to appreciate every day. Truthfully, the moments Henry caught were genuine and not staged; we got to be ourselves and show our love and relationship in a way that we do on a daily basis. It all felt natural to us and our pictures clearly show that.

Words cannot describe what Henry can do. He is so thoughtful about his art and it really shows in his photos. We received our “sneaks” the day after our elopement and we were stunned with what he sent us. He really created and captured the magic of our day. When you book him, you won’t be disappointed. I never once questioned our decision to work with him from the first time we talked to him and we truly could not have asked for a better person to capture the most important day of our lives.
M
Marion T. Sent on 04/11/2024

Engagement Adventure Photoshoot in Olympic National Park

I first came across Henry's instagram page and was instantly drawn in by the most breathtaking and unique elopement and engagement photos that I've ever seen. Soon after, I contacted Henry. He responded quickly via email and even offered to speak with us over the phone to answer any questions. He was very upfront about the costs and provided us a detailed outline of the services that we were paying for. After reviewing the detailed contract on his customized webpage for us, we booked Henry for the Adventure Engagement Photoshoot. Although we booked the date 5 months out, Henry was prompt in responding to our emails and assisted us with ideas for photoshoot locations and wardrobe. We finally decided on a photoshoot in Lake Sutherland and Rialto Beach. Although the photoshoot locations were an hour apart from each other, Henry gladly agreed without charging us any extra fees. On the actual day of the photoshoot, Henry went above and beyond our expectations. We were worried that there was a winter storm, but despite the weather, Henry seemed enthused and willing to brave the rain, the hike, and the torrential terrain with us. Despite being one of the most awkward couples, he made us feel comfortable and we had one of the best and most memorable days that we will remember for the rest of our lives. We could truly see that he was one of the most honest people that we've met and that he truly loves what he does, especially because he immediately started editing and gave us a sneak peek 3 days after. We then received all of our photos about 4 weeks later and you can see that his work speaks for itself.
illustration message bubble

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Henry Tieu frequently asked questions

Henry Tieu includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Digital Files
Henry Tieu includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Prints
  • Save the Date
Henry Tieu offers the following photography styles:
  • Natural
  • Photojournalism
Henry Tieu offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Second Shooter
  • Wedding Portraits
Henry Tieu offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Albums
  • Prints
Henry Tieu is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Seattle for your wedding