Henry Tieu Reviews

Henry Tieu 7
  • Kelly

Kelly Kosiewicz · Getting married on 08/08/2020

Dreamy, Moody Engagement Photos

Henry did our engagement photos for us and I can't recommend him enough! We were worried about looking overly posed or unnatural in front of the camera. Henry did an amazing job of making sure we looked relaxed and natural. I can't recommend him enough!

Sent on 05/12/2019
    Henry Tieu 8
    Henry Tieu 9
    Henry Tieu 10

Henry Tieu's reply:

I had so much fun photographing you guys. Thanks for trusting me and for sharing with me your stories. Love you both
  • Jessica

Jessica M-P · Married on 06/15/2019

Talented and Genuine

Henry photographed and captured our wedding exactly the way we had hoped! Beyond our expectations, his images came out like moody visions from a dream. He brought a wonderful, infectious energy and had our guests laughing and having a great time as he danced and hung out with us. Henry made us all feel comfortable and even our guests felt like he was a long time friend. Henry was professional and focused when in his zone, but not at all pushy. You can tell that he genuinely wants to do his absolute best for his couples, and that's probably why so many of us love him so. I would recommend Henry a thousand times over; hire Henry as your photographer and gain a loving friend in the process!

Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Marion

Marion · Married on 06/01/2019

Best damn photographer

henry is the most amazing soul with badass photography skills. he is super down-to-earth, kind & a joy to be around. my husband & i are super awkward when it comes to getting in front of the camera, but henry made us feel so comfortable. i’m so glad we booked him for our special day. huge thank you to him for the memories we’ll be able to cherish for a lifetime & the friendship we made.

Sent on 07/09/2019
    Henry Tieu 15
    Henry Tieu 16
  • I

Ivan · Married on 04/13/2019

From the start, Henry was the best Photographer we could have asked for. He sent an extremely detailed list of potential locations to help us narrow down our choice. He walked us through each step, from outfits to getting to the location. He is extremely professional but also extremely fun! It was so special for us to have a photographer who we connected with. His skill set is amazing and the final products literally made us tear up at work! His pricing is extremely fair for the final product delivered. We have so many pictures to choose from and we both feel so fortunate we decided to go with Henry!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Henry Tieu 17
    Henry Tieu 18
    Henry Tieu 19

Henry Tieu's reply:

The day we ran around Washington and explore Franklin Falls was everything to my heart. I am so happy I have met you guys and our relationship is now more than just client/vendor but rather a beautiful friendship. I can't wait for us to reunite soon
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Glore · Married on 03/01/2019

Best photographer I have ever worked with

What do I even say about our vow renewal? Magical? Incredible? Heart stopping beautiful? Maybe that’s not enough detail. Let me explain.

My wife and I are celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary this year. So, we did a vow renewal ceremony that will forevermore go down as a perfect day from start to to finish, all thanks to Henry and his incredible team of vendors that made this day a possibility for us. He helped us choose our gowns, and took care of all the details from start to finish. The thing that really struck me the most about our vow renewal was how down to earth both Henry and his husband Viet really were. They were just normal people like us. We spent a whole day with them and I never once felt that awkwardness that can sometime happen when two introverts (my wife and I) meet new people. Instead, when we first met, I felt instantly excited. Excited to have my special day in the hands of such great talent, but also so excited to share a very private and intimate day with people who felt like they were excited and honored to be there for us during that moment.

The pictures and scene the vendors created was something out of a storybook. I really can’t accurately express what beauty was created on that day. Henry guided both of us through the beach we were on and just let his creativity fly. It was freezing but it didn’t matter. His excitement for the pictures he was capturing kept the time flying by. He captured us being silly, beautiful, authentic, and most important— authentically together. He captured my wife exactly as I see her and that was important. I wanted our images to reflect who we were as people and as a couple and he did exactly that. I can say, without hesitation, that this was one of the best days I’ve ever had with my wife.

The experience you will get if you hire Henry will be unmatched by anyone anywhere. You tell him what you have envisioned, and it will be there. Like magic. Not only do I have this dreamy day to save in my memory for the rest of time, but I also have pictures and a heart melting video to match. I can’t say enough about this man, except that he is a fucking magician.

Thank you Henry. Thank you a million time

Henry Tieu 31
    Henry Tieu 32
    Henry Tieu 33

Henry Tieu's reply:

I wish I could relive that day we spent by Ruby Beach forever. I am a huge believer in "things happen for a reason" and I am so grateful we have met this year. I am so grateful your vow renewal also happened in Olympic National Park where you guys share so much of your memories together. Love you both
  • Alexa

Alexa Glore · Married on 03/01/2019

Pure magic

If you are considering hiring Henry to be your epic photographer, the answer is 100%. Every time. YES. yes. yes.

My wife and I were lucky enough to have Henry capture our vow renewal. The whole experience was an absolute dream! Not only did the photos turn out to be jaw-dropping, the magic of the day was warped up perfectly into them. When I look at them I can still remember holding my wife’s hand and laughing with her as we spun around the beach. *insert Henry shouting YASSS from behind his camera*

The world needs more people like Henry. I feel truly blessed to have met him and his hubby Viet. The energy they bring is so amazing! When we left at the end of the day I didn’t know if we were more excited about the beautiful photos or the new friends we had made. Henry has a special way of making you feel so beautiful and comfortable. I wouldn’t say I’m a natural in front of the camera but he gave just enough guidance to make me feel like I was nailing it {and did I mention the photos are EPIC?!}

Our photos turned out even better than I could have envisioned, and quite honestly still find myself speechless when I try to find the words to accurately describe just how much I love them. If you want to work with somebody who has true passion and zest for life, look no further!

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Henry Tieu 45
    Henry Tieu 46
    Henry Tieu 47

Henry Tieu's reply:

Now, every time I go back to the Olympic National Park for any wedding or engagement, I immediately think of you guys. I love you both. Thanks for staying the night in the cabin with me and sharing with me everything. We need another cabin adventure soon.

Anita Z · Married on 11/28/2018

The best!!

I can't express how amazing Henry's photography is. He has the most crisp photos and such an artistic eye and vision. Aside from his photography skills, Henry has an easy booking process and very responsive and open to communication. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Henry Tieu's reply:

What an amazing day we had at Rattlesnake Ledge. I can't wait for us to explore all the beautiful places in Washington so I can photograph you guys more. miss you both
  • Genesis

Genesis Yrad · Married on 11/11/2018

Our best wedding decison!!

Such a talented photographer! So blessed that he was the one who shot our wedding… We came in with anxiety about having our photos taken as we weren’t the type to have our photos taken professionally but Henry made us feel very comfortable through every step of the process. I have no words to describe how much I love our photos! We have gotten so many compliments on them too. One of the best decisions we made during the entire wedding planning process was booking Henry to be our photographer. He is very professional and got along with everyone just great! He is truly passionate/loves what he does and that comes through in the quality of his work.

Sent on 02/03/2019
    Henry Tieu 48

Henry Tieu's reply:

Till this day, I still get compliments on all the wedding photos I took of you guys at Latourell Falls. You guys embraced the wind, the cold, and everything for the most magical and memorable moments and I am so grateful. Anytime I drive down Columbia River Gorge for photos, I re-live the day of your wedding. Miss you both

Genessa Haber · Married on 10/28/2018

Leavenworth Wedding

We first talked with Henry one month before our wedding date, when we spontaneously decided we wanted a photographer, after months of insisting we didn’t. Henry was amazingly calm and gracious to accept our proposition, despite it being such short notice, good-naturedly chuckling at the deadline.

Henry spent an hour on the phone with me and Steven talking through details. His first question: what do you want me to capture on your wedding day? We were able to set some very clear expectations: we wanted family portraits, pictures of the wedding party, photos of my dad walking me down the aisle, and pictures of the decor and food. Other than those key things, I said, capture whatever you want!

And Henry, with absolute expertise, thoughtfulness, and sheer talent, captured some of the most remarkable moments of our lives.

The morning of the wedding was the usual chaos: too many girls getting their makeup done all at once, needy family members, and off and on rain making for an uncertain outdoor ceremony. Enter Henry on the scene, quiet yet directional. This was my first time meeting Henry in person and within moments of our hellos I thought, “Yes, this is the exact person we need today.” Because inspite of all of the emotions and uncertainties circulating, Henry was a force of focus and calm. He was so umimposing that you almost forgot he was there, yet knew the exact right moment to tell you to stop and look at each other, or look at him. He knew the perfect balance between blending into the scene and also guiding you into the moment he was trying to capture. Having never had professional photos done before, Steven and I would quickly dissolve into laughter at how silly we felt, and yet these captured moments where we are vulnerable and embarrassed together created some of the most beautiful intimate photos of the day. And Henry knew all of this, which is what makes him an astounding photographer.

Early on in our phone session with Henry we expressed some interest in doing outdoor couples shots that would pull in the natural beauty of where we were getting married. “If it’s not too much trouble,” we would tell him. The day of the wedding we found ourselves in Henry’s car, driving to find a beautiful spot for photos. He directed us to a riverbank and we took photos against the water as the sun (finally) shone out behind us. “Hold on guys, I’m going to go get my drone!” Henry told us as he rushed up the riverbank. Steven and I gawked at each other, wondering how we had been so fortunate to have found a photographer like Henry.

That day, Henry not only found a special place in our hearts, but also those of our families and friends. The friends who sat with him during dinner still, to this day, talk about how wonderful and fun of a person and an incredible photographer he is.

Having been so insistent that we wouldn’t need a wedding photographer when we first started planning, I cannot imagine life now without the moments captured by Henry. Steven and I look at them often and remark how amazing it is that he was able to cultivate such emotionally intense moments out of two rather emotionally-introverted people. This of course comes from his talent behind the camera, devotion to his subjects, and I’m sure just a little bit (or a lot) of pure genius.

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Henry Tieu 49
    Henry Tieu 50
    Henry Tieu 51

Henry Tieu's reply:

Leavenworth is my favorite place in Washington and being able to photograph your wedding there made it 1000% better for me. I love you both and I re-live your wedding day on the daily. Thank you for trusting me and treating me like a friend

Cara Defrancis · Married on 10/11/2018

He was such an important part of our day I couldn't imagine it without him

Henry is so funny and friendly and was just so much fun to be around, you become friends instantly. He was our number one choice and we were so lucky to be able to have him as our photographer.
    The whole thing was an amazing experience, he was such an important part of our day I couldn't imagine it without him. And the pictures he got of us were beyond incredible, he was able to capture all our emotions in such a intimate and beautiful way.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Henry Tieu's reply:

Whenever I photograph an elopement up on Mount Rainier National Park, I immediately think about you guys. Thanks for hiking with me (and waiting for me to catch up hahah). Remember that hike down in the dark and we all talked about true crime stories? hahaha

Nicole · Married on 10/10/2018

Illuminates a room to get the best pic

My side of the family is rather shy and has a hard time relaxing in social settings. One of the uniquely special things Henry does is illuminate a room with so much positive energy even shy older parents start to have a good time and relax. Then he gets the best pictures! Couldn't be more pleased with his professionalism and talent!

Sent on 01/04/2019
    Henry Tieu 52

Henry Tieu's reply:

Thanks for running around downtown Seattle and Georgetown with me for beautiful wedding photos. I love and miss you both.
  • Q

Q.n. · Married on 10/01/2018

An amazing photographer and an even more amazing person

Henry's work is phenomenal: moody, intimate and grand in a way that does justice to your venue. We trusted him to photograph our elopement, knowing that the images would be the only way that our loved ones could experience our day. He produced a gorgeous narrative that looks like it came straight out of a magazine spread--much to the delight of our families. He's not afraid of experimentation (no stiff, boring posed photos here!) and trusting his artistic eye will only end well for you! Whenever I show off my photos, I still feel a sense of pride and joy.

If there there's anything that exceeds Henry's photography, it's his personality. He's so personable and passionate about knowing and capturing you. We instantly felt at ease with him, and our time together was fun and relaxing. On a day that's so stressful, he and his work are a guaranteed ray of sunshine. We are so lucky to have had him!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Henry Tieu's reply:

Remember that drone shot? That's my favorite one everrrrr. I miss you guys so dearly and I can't wait for you guys to come back to explore Gold Creek Pond again after your wedding. Such a magical day :)

Pamela · Married on 09/20/2018

Henry is a gem. The time he dedicates to his clients, his professionalism and complete customization of your session makes him a treasure. I would fly this gentleman anywhere to ensure he was the one to take my pictures, and that’s saying a lot considering my fiancé is a photographer. ;) Talent recognizes talent and his skills are the absolute best. Not only does he produce stunning photographs, but your time with him will be pure FUN!

Sent on 08/11/2018
    Henry Tieu 53
    Henry Tieu 54
    Henry Tieu 55

Henry Tieu's reply:

From San Francisco to Mount Rainier, you guys gave me 100% of your hearts and it showed. Can't wait for us to explore Italy together

Trinh Quach · Married on 09/18/2018

A-m-a-z-i-n-g

When it comes to wedding photography, there’s a whole lot of average, and it’s easy to make the wrong choice. We drooled over the moodiness of Henry’s portfolio and hoped that we’d get something even half as good. We weren’t disappointed at all, the shots we got back were amazing! Henry is professional, efficient, friendly, and most importantly he made is feel at ease so we could just be ourselves.

Not only would we recommend him, we would shout it from the rooftops!

Sent on 10/22/2018

Henry Tieu's reply:

Panther Creek Falls is forever your place now. When your baby is here, we need to take the baby down that waterfall and talk about your elopement day. Love and miss you

Blair · Married on 08/24/2018

My fiancé and I got in touch with Henry because we had planned a trip to Seattle and Mount Rainier NP and we wanted some pictures of us to keep as a memory of our trip. The booking process was fast and easy!

We met Henry on a cool morning at Mount Rainier. We felt a little awkward but he quickly made some jokes, put on some music and made us feel comfortable. As the sun came up, he took pictures of us and started showing us little previews on his camera. Already I could tell that the photos were going to be phenomenal.

Once we got our pictures back, we were so unbelievably happy with them! They are so incredible and we love them all. There is such good variety between the far away shots, the close-ups and the outfit changes. Henry truly went above and beyond what we expected and never made us feel like there was a strict timeline or that we had to rush through the shoot.

We have absolutely no regrets on booking Henry and we both agreed that this was one of the highlights of our trip. The experience was so fun and he were so easy to hang out with. We are seriously going to be staring at these pictures forever and I will no doubt shed some tears when I look at them in the future.

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Henry Tieu 56
    Henry Tieu 57

Henry Tieu's reply:

That foggy morning was everything. I had never seen Mount Rainier prior to that session we had together and it truly was magical. Thanks for trusting me and for hiring me. Thanks for working like supermodels in the freezing temperature. Miss you both

Evelyn · Married on 07/28/2018

Everything you would want in a photographer

We didn't know what qualities in a wedding photographer we needed to look for, considering neither of us have ever been married before. However, now that we've checked that off the list, we can confidently say Henry is everything that we wanted in a photographer to capture such a magical day.

For those who also might not have an idea of what to look for, here are some examples. You need someone calm, collected, skilled, patient, organized, relatable, and of course fun. You need someone to make you feel comfortable doing all the fabulous poses, especially if you're more on the reserved side, like we were. You also need someone who actually gives a damn. Someone that is willing to work with you, support you, and laughs with you. Henry radiates all of the above qualities and more. He faced his fear of heights for our engagement shoot, he personally drove us around for wedding photos, and got down with Drake during the reception. What really sold him to us, besides his beautiful portfolio, was his transparency and responsiveness. We liked that he didn't try to hide the price of his services. And when we asked if he was available on our date, he responded in a few hours! Every email or text exchange after hiring him remained just as prompt.

You will not regret hiring Henry. He will bring everything he has to the table. We were so lucky to have been able to book him as our photographer capturing one of the most important days for us. We couldn't be happier with the photos he took for us, and look forward to future years of friendship.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Henry Tieu's reply:

Can I just photograph you guys all the time please? Your wedding at Roche Harbor last year was epic and the highlight of my summer. Miss you both
  • O

Ole · Married on 05/21/2018

We were very pleased with having Henry take our wedding pictures for our elopement. It was the best day of my life and it would not be the same without Henry and his help. He found us the perfect location and made us feel completely at ease and relaxed, just enjoying ourselves, the company and our special day. I’ve never felt so good.

The pictures turned out amazing, he captured the moment, the happiness, our hopes and dreams, and I am forever grateful. Every time I look at our album, I remember the feeling of that day.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Henry Tieu's reply:

From winning best Destination photo of the year 2018 to being featured everywhere, you guys slayed my heart. Thanks for allowing me to photograph you guys and for sharing with me everything that you are. Can't wait to explore Norway and Denmark together

Michelle · Married on 04/18/2018

Amazing Experience

Henry gave us something so genuine and beautiful that our family will cherish forever. We did 2 photoshoots with him, the first being our engagement and the second was a family session. We had a destination wedding and had originally decided not to do an engagement session but when I came upon Henry's photos, I knew I had to book him. It was my fiancé and I's first time having professional photos taken so we were little apprehensive. But Henry made it so easy and comfortable. His husband, Viet came to help and not only did he prove to be so helpful, but also a wonderful person to be around.

We had decided to do a row boat session outside of the city. We rented 2 different boats, one for my fiancé and I and one for the Henry and Viet. Let me tell you, you cannot control how the boats will move. I was so incredibly happy with how all the photos came out because I can only imagine how much of a headache it was have to look through the camera lens on a moving boat.

A few months later, I contacted Henry again but this time I inquired him about a family photo session. We loved his work so much for our engagement session that we knew we wanted to work with Henry again. Family sessions is not something Henry promotes for his business but he was more than quick to say yes. Henry was very accommodating with the situation and the amount of people (including 2 babies!). When we received our photos, I felt so many emotions. I was so glad that my family was able to have such beautiful photos that captured our love.

Henry was just starting out in the photography business when we booked him and we have seen him progress and boom in the industry. He is so incredibly talented, kind, and adventurous. Not only did we get amazing photos, we also gained 2 friends along the way, Henry and Viet. I can definitely see us working together again.

Sent on 12/23/2018
    Henry Tieu 58
    Henry Tieu 59
    Henry Tieu 60

Henry Tieu's reply:

That boat ride was amazing haha. Not gonna lie, i was quite nauseous at the end. But it was so worth it. I hope you guys love the photos as much as I did. Love :) Henry